• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Unapproving Submissions

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
@Wes, I'd like to request that submission reviewers be granted the authority to unapprove submissions that they have personally reviewed, as, well, when a submission reviewer...
  • Makes a mistake and approves something that should not have been approved in the first place due to being overpowered/not fitting within the theme of the setting/etc.
  • Approves something which is later affected by a change in the rules (i.e. the recent revision to the DR of personal weapons)
...there is currently no way for them to go back and "fix" their mistake or update the submission apart from asking the submitter to make some requested changes - which inevitably creates drama due to the submitter having no reason to listen to the submission reviewer. By granting submission reviewers the authority to unapprove submissions that they have personally reviewed, there would be a reason for submitters to listen to the submission reviewer - and that, in my official opinion as an NTSE moderator, would drastically cut down on the amount of drama that occurs all too frequently within the NTSE.

Last edited:
I do think we need a way to remove something from the setting that has already been approved. However, I don't think removing something from the setting should be nearly as easy as adding something to the setting.

There is a way to remove submissions, the NTSE brings it up with the staff/SM and explains why they want something removed from setting. THis is probably done this way to encourage working through things with people, instead of trying to go on crusades to fix things all alone., as well a discourage nitpicking things that were already approved.

It’s hard to do that @Syaoran when the only active staff member on the site does their very best to undercut you and interfere with your NTSE duties at practically every possible opportunity. :/

We're not going to get into the details of your articles because that's opinion, and I'd have a few choice words for you, so don't bring up specifics.

As for staff, well we're adding more staff, so this wont be a problem in the future. It's supposed to be very hard to remove things from the setting once approved, so people don't lose out on things they already have, or so that there isn't a domino effect of tech rendered unusable because a piece of it was removed.

As NTSE you should be working towards healthy increase of the setting. And yeah things need fixing at times, but there is a method to approach that, and honestly the reason you're having trouble getting people to work with you is that you simply approach all your revisions wrong. Instead of popping in and telling people "This needs to change to this" you should be going "Hey, I know I approved this, but recently a concern that X might be possible with it. Is there a way we can stop that form happening and effect this thing as little as possible?"

Fair enough, @Syaoran, and - provided I don’t get smashed with the banhammer over my recent profile posts - that’s something I’ll be working on improving.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back