• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Uniform Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

Not really related to the new uniform design, but I don't see why the Star Army bodysuit has to be limited to females only. It seems like an unnecessary restriction.

So today I went to Fallfest and we were exchanging art commission pics in the pictures channel there and Xalanth posts these:

Ready_for_action.jpg

Beamed_down.jpg

Tactical one-piece swimsuits! I'm very tempted to add something similar for the Star Army.

Right now all the Star Army has for swimwear is the exercise uniform with the T-shirt removed (so basically a sports bra and volleyball shorts):

2021 cherry in star army swimsuit.png

What do you think?

Don't really need it. But I suppose someone wants to bring out their inner Major, lol.

Tactical Swimsuits is pretty Yamatai. And Nep too, tbh.

Last edited:
I finished editing the article.

I like! Works throughout maternity, looks comfy af, doesn't seem to sacrifice anything

Finally got some full-body artworks of males in the Type 42 (previously we had a lot of headshots but no full body).

2022 Star Army Duty Uniform Type 41 Male 1 by gmghost commissioned by Wes websize.png

2022 Star Army Duty Uniform Type 41 Male 2 by gmghost commissioned by Wes websize.png

Yui has authorized knit caps for cold weather:

The other day I saw via Youtube that in the 1985 film Phenomenon, Jennifer Connolly is wearing a hat that looks like a Star Army Cap (the blue sailor cap). It's a great reference for how it sits on the head. I adjusted the contrast a little to make it easier to see. Take a look.

1647697859223.png

1647697933505.png

Also note the textures (the top is wool felt and the bottom is black leather or silk).

Last edited:
Yui allowed for some uniform options including no belt on the Type 42 Duty Uniform:

This was because most art didn't feature the belt anyway.

1659832255472.png

I noticed this article that the Army is trying to make a tactical bra.

This is interesting, since you'd think there's a ton of great off the shelf options already available such as this:

I guess the military industrial complex has to innovate on new ways to get the military to blow their money on uniform stuff. Still, I'm interested in seeing some results as the candidates and eventual winner can provide inspiration for Star Army equivalents.

Has there been any update for duty uniforms for cold nontolerant species? Cause I've still got Senti Star Army personnel using the Type 30 C until a new cold weather uniform comes out.

There has not, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm sure the Senti crew has no problem wearing 14 year out of date uniforms, especially given their effectiveness. Perhaps using an aerogel insulator layer with a cotton batting on a type 42 bodysuit as a base layer, wear the standard uniform over it? I'll have Ali do some tinkering with the latest and greatest uniform, and specs for IC tech reasons and experimentation.

I'm sure the Senti crew has no problem wearing 14 year out of date uniforms, especially given their effectiveness. Perhaps using an aerogel insulator layer with a cotton batting on a type 42 bodysuit as a base layer, wear the standard uniform over it? I'll have Ali do some tinkering with the latest and greatest uniform, and specs for IC tech reasons and experimentation.
good thing your friend runs a megacorp. Anyone got some art?

Wait... Aliset has a friend in a megacorp? I know Thorn does, but she has zero diplomacy and no chill with the Star Army.
Well I meant MADI but you might be able to call Tachiko and Aliset friends?

Well I meant MADI but you might be able to call Tachiko and Aliset friends?
Oh, fair enough! Though I'm sure Tachiko won't want to hear of one of Ali's bullshit ideas while they managed to throw her off the ship for two weeks because she's supposed to be on leave!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back