• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Union/Asteria] UNS Empress' Frontier | Mission One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekec

Inactive Member
Captain's Quarters

Ivaka was in her quarters preparing for the very long day ahead of her. Their ship was suppose to go to the Norael system to study unnatural planetary activity on one of the habitable world's moons. Although moments ago, she was awoken by her night crew on the bridge due to receiving a distress call in a nearby system. Naturally, she had to order her crew to investigate, in case there was a possibility that it was one of the Union ships. Days before, she captained the Empress' Frontier in the battle to defend Nibiru Station. That did not help matters, as her crew was exhausted from the previous battle. The young Gartagen captain had just finished putting on her overcoat as a message come from the bridge came through a nearby speaker. "Captain, we are five minutes out from arriving in the system." The voice said, obviously a woman too. But something about it didn't sound quite like a Gartagen. The ship in fact is manned by two factions, the Union, who recently welcomed the Vekimen into their country, which contributed to several being on the crew. The other faction aboard is Asteria, who were swapped out for half of her normal crew during the ship's time in the United Interstellar Fleet of Allies. She did not mind it, she honestly quite liked the company of other aliens and learning about them. After all, she became a scientist to study other lifeforms.

Soon enough the captain put on her belt, with her pistol and sheshka in place. "We walk the Abyss." she said to herself, taking one last look in her mirror before heading out of her quarters and down the hall. She opened her communications. "Bridge, make sure the XO is awake and alert, as well as the Hussair squadron. We may need them." She said simply as she entered an elevator, which would lift her to the bridge. Hopefully this would just be a simple mission to fix their ship and on their way. Her ship was an exploratory vessel, not a military ship, despite recent attempts at helping the war effort. That is why she requested to just go back to surveying until the Empress' Frontier was ABSOLUTELY needed for the war effort.

XO's Quarters ---> Bridge

Sir Alinar Farseeker sighed as the call came over the intercom. “Just as I was getting relaxed,” he said, unfolding his legs from the lotus position and getting to his feet. “I’m on my way,” he told the intercom, before glancing at the mirror. The Gartagens sure do have a different way of doing things, he thought, pushing a few errant hairs back behind his pointed ears. Doesn’t have Xiuluria’s aesthetics. But that’s why I left home in the first place.

After brushing a few near imperceptible creases out of his uniform, the elf left his quarters and headed towards the bridge. Course, I’m glad that the Mikado put me on this ship. Has a few opportunities that I don’t think that I would get on Asura.

Reaching the bridge, he nodded at Captain, one of those opportunities, as he walked towards her. “You were asking for me, Captain?” he asked, while appreciating the way her green skin contrasted with her uniform.

Last edited:
Khakana was in the Hussar's barracks, specifically the Vekimen portion, enjoying the added heat and darkness to the halls of the large cruiser. He was the Zukan and commanding officer of the Hussar compliment on the ship, and by extension of his position, the Commanding officer of the entire combat crew on board the ship. He didn't care about the numbers. His focus was that his Hussars knew what it was that they were doing, and followed his orders to the dot. He had lower officers to deal with the rest of the rabble. He wouldn't waste his time organizing the naval soldiers or the RRF. He would just expect them to follow his orders. Orders, like the ones that were relayed to him by a messanger.

So... They want a squadron ready for combat hmm? He thought to himself, standing upright. His burly, body flexing and coiling to shift his mass as he let out a screech. Within a moment, several more Vekimen appeared, all staring at the aggressive bull Vekimen. "/The Commander is expecting combat. I want all Hussars geared and ready for battle/" He sneered in his native tongue, starting to don his own EVA Combat suit. He would have to make an appearance for the Commander if this were the case. He was not going to waste his time with messengers and technology if he could speak with her face to face.

He started the walk through the ship, his posture less than ideal. Anyone at first glance would not think the Kiraten-Laderen half breed was a commanding officer with how he was hunched over, strange, predatory appearance marring his easy gait. It did not take him long to make it to the bridge, a throaty growl and a lazy horn touch the only acknowledgement he gave to the bridge guards as he walked by them. By the time he got there, the XO was there, frail looking creature with the physic of a stalk of corn, as he had heard some say. Knowing what such a thing was, he agreed. The CO was a little more desirable, in more ways than the fact she was female.

He rested his hand on the deck, taking a laxed crouched stance, taking a light hold of his horn. The helmet on his head which provided the warmth he would need to function off the ship, while sparing the crew the atrocious smell that all Vekimen had learned to deal with. "Greetings, Commander. I have come to inform you that the Hussars are preparing for combat as we speak, and relaying order to the other compliments on board. You will have more than just the bascs." He said, glaring at the CO through his polarized visor.

The Bridge

"Two minutes until arrival at the designated planet." A young officer said at one of the stations on the crew. Ivaka nodded, heading to her seat and sitting down. It was surely different, having Asterian and Union naval officers working together, but it did not mind her. In all honesty, she liked aliens- the elves, the humans or whatever they were called. They were all fine to her, but the thing that really got under her skin about recent actions was the fact she had to have several thousand soldiers on her ship. The UNS Empress' Frontier was still a exploratory vessel to her- and it always will be. But the thousands of soldiers and extra guns on the ship did not help her state of mind. After all, she is not a war general. She is a Union Naval Captain, who grew up a biologist and lead a scientist-oriented crew, not a warmongering, expert tactician. Ivaka was very relieved when they were assigned outside the main fleet.

Soon enough she was met by her XO. "We received a distress signal....we need to expect the worse. I hope it is just a simple engine malfunction, and not an attack....but, we must be ready. There are many dangers in this sector recently." Ivaka said, still sitting on her chair. The same young officer that started the countdown until arrival, suddenly spoke. "We have arrived in the system, captain."

"Excellent. Viewscreen on...and please, someone tell me where the distress signal is coming from." The captain said, standing up. Before she could continue though, a Vekimen entered the bridge. Ivaka let out a slight sigh. It would take her some time to get use to having soldiers armed to the teeth aboard. "Excellent, Zukan. I pray we do not need your men....but we never know what could happen in the frontier." She said, looking back at the Vekimen, then to the viewscreen.

"It is a shuttle......one life sign." The young officer said again.

"What is the status of the shuttle?" Ivaka asked, looking to the officer.

"Nothing seems to be wrong with it, captain. Engines are functioning- no see able damage to the hull." The officer said curiously.

"Try to contact it, and put the shuttle on the viewscreen." Ivaka said finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back