• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

United Outer Colonies

SUBLIMEinal

Friends, as you are no doubt well aware, the United Outer Colonies of Yamatai broke off today into their own state in light of the numerous travesties inflicted by the Yamataian central government on the Free State. This is an act of incredible bravery on the part of the Jiyuuans, and it is my personal opinion that Nepleslia should do everything in its power to assist them. I recommend we draft a treaty with them immediately and pledge our support for their brave new government.

-Ioannes Calero, Senator, Rok'Veru

I second this idea. The Prince is simply following the needs of his people, and the independence of the UOC would prove quite advantageous to us across multiple areas.

I recommend a show of support by dispatching ships to their sector of space.

The 1st assault fleet is on standby for refugee evacuation. However, I do not want to move her yet for multiple reasons.

The 2nd fleet or IPG fleets are available. I propose a small constituent of each. We have a novacorp gate set up now for instantaneous transport, so time is not a factor.

I can also draft a brief speech of support of UOC independence.

What say you, senate?

We all remember what happened last time with the Misshu, in that even association with whomever Yamatai considers an enemy brings nothing but trouble. Though I hate to say this, I suggest we wait and closely moniter the current situation.

-Senator Roy Garza, Nepleslia Prime

I am in full agreement with the Premiere. I believe we should move quickly to secure friendship with the UOC, even if it does bring danger to us. They are a new race mirroring our own foundations of freedom from the Yamatai Star Empire. Not assisting them now, in what could be their greatest time of need, would be like spurning a needing sibling.

- Ioannes Calero

OOC: Well, as it turns out, I didn't even see Kampfer's post there, and as such, it looked like Calero was agreeing with him. As such, edited.

I am motioning to close this discussion within 24 hours should no replies come.

As is, the vote is 2-1 in support of the issue. Should there be no sudden changes, we will be moving forward with the issue.

-Sky Marshall Robert Davis

The deal is done, then. I am issuing an order to take some of our ships and move them into UOC space for diplomatic purposes. I will extend the offer to them shortly.

For Nepleslia.

-Sky Marshall Robert Davis

(OOC: When will these ship return to Nepleslia?)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back