• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Upcoming Improvements to Star Army's Forums (Part 2)

Hi Star Army, XenForo 2.2 is coming soon and I figured I should share some of my ideas and planning for Star Army’s forum updates so I can get your feedback:
  • Announcements will be made into an Article Forum with Article Threads
  • News Stories will be made into an Article Forum with Article Threads
  • New Suggestions Forum – Suggestion threads will be able to be upvoted/downvoted
  • Setting Discussion – will allow, but not require, Question threads where people can vote on the best answer to a setting question (encourages better quality answering)
  • What about letting people upvote plot ideas or setting additions? I like the idea of people being able to see if an idea is popular or not because things added to the setting should be to improve the setting as a whole.
  • Support threads will use a Question threads format.
  • For RPs, if any voting is added for threads those thread types will probably be set to only allow upvotes to keep things positive.
  • A forum for requesting article creation and updates where the most upvoted suggestions for those are done first by staff and then marked answered/solved?
  • Probably going to go to a simpler style at least for a while. I want the pages to load faster. Sometimes Titan causes the page to hang on some devices/browsers.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back