• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Upcoming Improvements to Star Army's Forums (XF 2.2)

Hey Star Army!

As you know, Star Army's forums run on what I consider the world's best forum software available, Xenforo, and it serves us well. Xenforo is activitely developed (meaning improvements and new stuff are regularly added) and it has some exciting things coming soon in the next update, XF 2.2. Here's some features that are coming to Star Army:
  • User Profile Banners - Set an background image for your forum profile, like you can on Twitter, etc.
  • Username Changes - Self-serve instead of having to ask SARP staff
  • Staff can force a password update if we suspect data breach or someone knows your password (good for security, hopefully will never need to use this!)
  • SEO Improvements - Includes setting whose links are trustable (nofollow)
  • New registration flow that lets unregistered users wrote posts and then has the registration during the posting process (providing motivation to join)
  • Support for Star Army's forum as a Progressive Web App - will let you install Star Army as an app on your Android phone or PC, with notification badge icons
More to come!

For the search forums feature incoming- do you have specific thread prefixes in mind that will become new forums (if I understand the change correctly)?

I'm open to suggestions!

Hey Star Army!

I'm happy to share some more new things that will be coming to Star Army's forums soon when we upgrade to Xenforo 2.2.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back