• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Closed Update CIRN system for Yamatai

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Proposing just a simple edit to the Civilian Imperial Registry Number (IRN) for the YSE

I find the current system does not identify what corporation the corporate vessels are registered to.

The new formula would be -

<Designator> - <Corporate Symbol> - <Class Number>- <Hull Number>

ie. A Misha-Class Explorer ship registered to the Yugumo Corporation's Corporate fleet would be

YX-Yu-Y1-0001

YX=Science/Exploration
Yu=Yugumo Corporation
Y1 = The Nomenclature for the ship class is Yu-Y1-1A, so this is the Y1 Class
0001=Hull Number

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What about the vast number of ships owned by private individuals who also use this system?

Maybe they could register for a personal ID number? That would go in that same place.

Then the ID number bit should be longer and more like a license plate. Most people get random ones, but you can get vanity ones as well.

Reactions: Wes
@Wes Any thoughts on this? I'm trying to start organizing my civilian/corp fleet, and I'd like to use CIRNs but I'm having a great deal of difficulty on how to use the system as it stands.

It looks like this suggestion isn't really getting any traction, and don't think it works for individually owned ships, so I'm going to close it.

If you need help coming up with CIRN numbers tell me what you need in a PM and I can tell you what the numbers would look like.

Alright, will message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back