• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Update to Species Augmentation Chart

Soban

Convention Veteran

I'm working on a update to the Species Augmentation Chart as the previous one was a mess. This one just covers the playable and non-playable species according to the species page as of the time that I wrote this. If you want to add a species that is missing or edit a species that is there, you can. If there is a column that perhaps should be added, that might be good to know.

I'm thinking that we could use struct to put the the table fields on species pages, that way any new species would automatically appear on the table.

That is a good idea! I don't know if we can default the fields to average, but that is something we might want to consider.

Anything stats-y or game-y should be in struct.

I don't know if we can default the fields to average

There's some concept of a struct template, might be a related plugin, but that dictates how one is displayed by default if the value is missing. Otherwise it is blank or something like "nothing found" if it's a relation to another struct. We aren't using struct templates AFAIK but they would be great for automating things, especially like character sheets.

I feel like Immune covers this, as a detrimental response is exactly the sort of reason they can't be used or are harder to use. Perhaps put something in the notes section?

Last edited:
((footnotes))

I've added a basic description of what each type of augmentation is, but I feel like they could be a lot better.

I've no qualms about where the Iroma sits on the chart. They've been like that for ages and I feel it is about right. But the augmentations, I know we have a page for Symbiotics. There should be one for basic cybernetics, etc etc. Could add in links to each to follow the brief descriptions?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back