• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Life Events Updates and Happy Holidays

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Hey my fellow SARPers,

I know my leave of absence has been a bit longer than expected. I wanted to reach out and let you know that I am at least still alive! It's been a struggle these last few months, I'm still on immunosuppression and dealing with GVHD (Graft vs. Host Disease) as an aftermath of the stem cell transplant I had to treat the AML Leukemia. A few weeks ago I had a TIA/Ministroke, a new complication from being on immunosuppressants for too long, sadly it's a trade off. I'm recovering slowly.

I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and first and foremost let you know that I continue to be a Site Supporter, and a fan of Star Army and this amazing universe we've all built together. I hope to return when I'm able to comfortably be online for a more manageable amount of time. (Let us hope 2021 is a better year for everyone) In the meantime, I hope all your roleplaying and writing dreams continue to play out within this exciting universe.

It continues to be an honor to be apart, in at least some small way of this terrific community.

It seems like just yesterday when we were spending last Christmas season making you Christmas Cards and I'll admit it broke my heart when I was looking at them in my saved SARP images folder and thinking "shit, I guess we need these again!" I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're one of the toughest dudes I know. You have been a badass who deals with some of the biggest, scariest things a human could have to deal with, and you keep fighting.

I firmly believe that the only reason you're here still is because you didn't give up, when a lot of people faced with AML might have long ago because living with cancer and cancer treatments is hard and horrible and a lot of people don't have the willpower we all wish we had. If every Star Army soldier was as mentally resilient as you we'd be an invincible faction! We all had high hopes for the transplant to solve your problems but what we got was a new set of challenges that got more complicated because of the pandemic and it sucks seeing you go through that. I miss you being around but I never count you out.

As your battle continues you got our support and if there's anything we or I can do to help, just ask.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back