• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission USO Dress Uniform

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you already have a vision for what this actually looks like, I really encourage you to go ahead and break the "More about Dress Uniform" into different parts such as an "Appearance" section where you cover how it looks it in-depth. Even if you're not entirely sure how it looks now, this is a pretty good opportunity to go figure. If you decide not to, please say so specifically so I'm aware. Also, you can call the "More about Dress Uniform" just "About".

That aside, are you sure you want it to have graphene microscales? It's very thermally and electrically conductive, so it might even enhance the effectiveness of energy weapons. I think other materials might suit your needs better.

the under suit is a modified version of the flight suit the sky guard wear, i would like to keep that for now, but i might talk to alex about an upgrade over the current suit. as for description, i really don't know what else to add.

Perhaps additional varieties of the outfit? I also find it kind of odd that such a formal outfit would have a helmet at all, personally.

Would there be a variant specifically for women? What of storage/pockets-is it just sort of, normal fare or is there perhaps an inside breast pocket of some type? Since you seem to be also adding a bit of combat capacity to this, some form of weapon holster may be a good idea to add, as well.

I would really, really like to see some sort of art for this. Last time I did a survey, 79% of SARP members said art should be required for uniforms and the submission rules say it's strongly suggested.

I second what wes said. I appreciate the creativity, clothes and fashion are something of a hobby of mine, and I'd love to see art for it.

I'm not really good at drawing this kind of thing, so if anyone wants to do art for it feel free. on the pockets thing there could be inside the jacket, and I guess for women the dress pants would be replaced with a formal skirt. as for combat applications that is only for the mentioned variant meant to be worn in space or likewise space installations. planet side you wear a normal dress shirt underneath. And finally the holster, my character Jack who is wearing the prototype has a holster with his pistol in it attached to the back of the body suit hidden underneath the dress jacket, though planet side a concealed carry holster could be placed on the inside of the dress jacket.

Again, I'll second wes. The Gartagens who are at this moment rather militarized even have a non-combat formal dress uniform.

Yamatai does as well.

Showing up in armor armed does send the wrong message.

yes but its USO......when have they ever done anything normal as other factions. we're talking about a group that's all about message and style over conformity.

ooh yeah maybe a piece where Jack's showing off the outfit, though i kinda want to get like one of our female character to show the gender changes in the outfit. But yeah i'll try to keep it at twenty.

I would really, really like to see some sort of art for this. Last time I did a survey, 79% of SARP members said art should be required for uniforms and the submission rules say it's strongly suggested.

A majority might say that, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's all too likely that they haven't considered that their decision would mean forcing people to put money into their uniforms. I think that is unacceptable considering the fact the site's core is roleplay via forum post. What I am not against however, is high standards, something SARP is already well known for in the broader RP community. We should capitalize on that and play to our strengths.

What I would like to see @Jack Pine , is a more detailed description of the uniform. Is the uniform tight overall? Loose? The pants part baggy or form fitting? Straight cut, professional looking? Is it nearly the same as modern dress uniforms, or more futuristic like UNSC ones? Where do medals go, a special panel on the uniform, or are they just clipped/pinned to the chest? Are the shoulders cut so they're smooth and rounded with the person, or more pointed and firm like a business suit? What about colors; we know there's some changes according to rank, but what parts change, and what parts don't? What's the base color? What about the body suit portion; that goes under the dress uniform right? What's that even look like on its own?

These are just some questions I'm throwing at the wall; what I'm trying to say is that there is a lot more that can be done to describe how something looks. Since 'A picture is worth a thousand words', you're going to have to put some real elbow grease into this without a picture. I encourage that, since it's the route I take with my own submissions since I don't have art either.

Art will be required here, and we'll have something eventually. I've got Jack searching for an artist and it looks like EhWha is already working on some drawings. I think we do need a a bit more description on what this looks like but I also think Jack having to explain that to an artist will resolve that problem.

Does this need to be super-detailed, well thought out, and a great idea? No.

Uso doesn't have a professional tailor on staff and part of the fun is that USO's stuff isn't all high end super-professional. Literally make whatever you want and we'll have everyone react accordingly in RP.

Since you mention the IC bits, I would think finding and asking a tailor to make something would be pretty easy. : P

That aside, since Jack will be explaining what it looks like to an artist, I feel that it can go here in the article as well. Writing it down on the wiki is a good way to solidify something that's only floating around in your mind and reduce any uncertainties that might be there regarding how it looks. Ultimately though, this is Jack's call. If he doesn't want to, I'll go over grammar and such instead.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back