• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SYNC Welcome Aboard

Locked_0ut

Convention Veteran
RP Date
TO: Anthiathia Keslie Shoi

Welcome aboard the Resurgence Counselor Keslie,

I look forward to your inclusion on our team. I will do everything within my power to help facilitate you in your mission. We don't have a great space to use as a counselor's office, we could set you up in a spare officer's cabin. If you'd like that, I'll get the jump on getting one refit for that purpose. Beyond that, I simply ask that when not otherwise occupied with your duties as Counselor you continue to train with and assist the rest of the medical department where necessary. Don't worry, I'm not asking you to be a surgeon or primary care physician. When bullets start flying I like to know where the life savers are.

When you arrive I'll be happy to give you the tour. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.
Vec Wilson CMO

@hyralt

TO: Vec Wilson Chui

Dear Vec, 👋

How are you? We haven't met. I'm sure because I don't forget names, faces, or much of anything about people. Tell me about yourself. If you'd prefer, we can wait until you have assumed the position in which to tell me in person. I'm sure the title of CMO weighs heavily on your shoulders, but I'm equally sure that you have shoulders that are big and strong enough to bear that weight. 💪

After getting a copy of the Fuji-class deck layout, I came to the same conclusion that I will need to make one of the officer's cabins an appropriate space in which to render my services. I couldn't find any reports that said the Resurgence had seen any extensive modifications from the original plans, but it sounds like she hasn't. At least none that would provide me with an office. 😭

My priority will always be counseling, but I can promise that while I'm on duty and not needed for couseling, I will report to you personally so you can show me what for. Growing up homeless on the streets of Funky City taught me at a young age how to use a belt as a tourniquet, whisky as disinfectant, and torn clothes as bandages. But I'm sure you're better-equipped than I'm used to. 😉

Be a dear and send me a report with anything about the crew that you feel is relevant to my work. I will, of course, consider the report privileged information and keep it strictly confidential. I don't have a medical degree and didn't swear the same oath, but we have something similar in counseling. In particular, I am concerned about Cassie, Delmira "Kitten" Brunhilde Lulie, Pidole "Ginger Bug" Henitot, Kawa "Green Bean" Euikoshi, and Kawa "Black Bean" Kinie, but I'm sure there are others who could use my close and personal attention. 🔎

Yours now and forever,

Counselor Thia

P.S. Call me Thia. ❤️

Thia,

Re. 1
That’s a broad question. Short answer is that I’m career SA and a SAAMMS grad. I don’t go one about it much but this is my first posting as a CMO. Was a unit commander with the 171st Combat Rescue Squadron until a bit over a month ago. SASO and big army do things pretty different. Long answer, probably easier to talk in person. That said your concern is noted.

Re 2
Sound’s good, I’ll forward you a list of SA approved office furniture. Tell me what you’ll need and I’ll send in the proper forms.

Re 3
As your priority should be. I won’t take you away from your patients. My apologies though, I may have misunderstood your educational background. That said, I have my own experience with frontier medicine and would love to exchange notes. I do have a number of publications on the matter. (Again, I don't intend to sound boastful)

Re 4.
I will transfer you relevant information. Furthermore, one of my NCOs has built up a rapport with some of these soldiers and engaged in a sort of informal counseling. I’d like the two of you to sit down and exchange notes as well. Let’s try to build a more formalized treatment plan.

Respectfully,
Vec

Dear Vec, ✌️

I like to start broad and narrow my focus onto the interesting things people inevitably say to me. I'm also finding the transition to big army difficult, but I'm approaching it from a civilian life in which I could never be accused of insubordination for talking to people in my own way. Hierarchies don't encourage open and honest communication, which is crucial for what I like to do. If you were my subordinate, I would tell you there's nothing you can say to me that would get you in trouble. Since the positions are reversed, I need to watch where I put my tongue. 👅

I have some ideas for something unconventional for my office involving volumetric projections, and I understand Fuji-classes are equipped with volumetric projectors, though I'm not sure if I can program the projectors to fill a whole room. Some unprojected furniture would be useful though, in case the power ever goes out while I am working on someone. 🪑

I have been studying psychology since I immigrated to Yamatai in '40. Graduated with my bachelor's last year and moved straight into graduate studies under my favourite professor. Though I like to think I kept on top of her at least as often as I was underneath. This year the school kicked me out with a master's degree when I passed too many courses. 👩‍🎓

Do go on about your papers in frontier medicine. However you want to sound, I love hearing about the things of which people are proudest. It sounds like your publications are a source of pride for you and that's wonderful! It also makes me feel that we're building our own rapport, about which I am blissfully ecstatic. ❤️

I'm looking forward to meeting and building a close, personal relationship with your NCO. 👫 What's their name?

Unconventionally yours,

Thia 💃

Thia,

Re 1 :
You’ll learn different officers have different approaches. For me it’s simple: Follow lawful orders but speak your mind. Feedback and open communication are important for a well functioning unit. If you think I need an earful, maybe do it behind closed doors.

Re 2:
I’ll have to check if our systems can handle furniture. That might be too much of a departure form the MEGAMI’s authorized uses.

Re 3:
Noteted.

Re 4:
To call it a source of pride feels presumptuous. I’m just a surgeon with strong opinions. While I was at SAAMMS I had the opportunity to write about those opinions in an academic setting. It is what it is.

Re 5:
Poppy Pink Nitô Heisho, she’s a medic, but some of the crew seem confident enough with her to come to her for advice.

Respectfully,
Vec

Dear Vec, 😷

Thank you, I work best when I can speak my mind. I have no intention of giving anyone an earful in front of others, that is not a good way to build a psychologically safe environment. 🫂 But behind closed doors, I may give tongue lashings if they deserve it. 👅

That's fair, it was presumptuous of me. In the absence of proof, I do tend to presume based on the evidence I have available. Now I have enough evidence to presume that you don't want to be considered proud or boastful, which is also fair. 🕊️

Poppy Pink Nitô Heisho? I haven't met her either, but I'm looking forward to it. 👩👩

Unconventionally yours, 👺

Thia 💄

RPG-D RPGfix
Back