• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Well Met

Slater

Inactive Member
To be honest I've spent a good time as a variety of internet handles, but here you can call me S. Mostly I've been floating around a variety of MUDDs and some forums, and to be honest, I got my start on Gaia Online, back in 2008, which, is as cringy as it sounds. But I've basically been RPing for around 11 years, maybe even longer. Eventually I started picking up Tabletop RPGs, proceeding to become a regular at DMing, playing a variety of systems such as Godbound, 1st, 2nd, 5th edition D&D, Stars without number, shadowrun, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th edition, yeah, all of them (beepers are going to be the tech of the future people!) most of the warhammer franchise and have clocked in, according to my roll 20 account, nearly 4000 hours of tabletopping, a significant portion of my life has been spent in fictional worlds and I spent an inordinate of time and money on other roleplaying websites and I have a few published books, none of which I'll list here.

But really I was attracted to Star Army because of the context, it has an interesting theme that I've honestly not spent a lot of time in, Science Fiction. Most of my writing has been around high fantasy, and a great deal of my roleplay. I want to spread out and branch into other avenues and interesting types of RP. It seems like it has a lot of creative avenues and hopefully I can find like minded people that share interests.

To be honest I have never had any difficulty with language, or even syntax structure really. Sometimes I've RPed with people who played characters with accent so thick one would have to take a few minutes to decipher what they were trying to say (in text), and occasionally I've fallen victim to enjoying characters with a stutter. But overall I am not going to be offended by harsh or offensive language. After all, tis just a story, it's not very indicative of anyone's true behavior.

As for violence, I really do prefer violent heavy plots. High end over the top bombastic combat, but having managed a few forty member roleplaying stories, I've found that wholesale mass slaughter can get out of hand and really does not have an effect on the story for the sake of itself. But, my characters have done everything from vivisect conscious people, cut off their own arm to stop an infection, and kidnap and eat other people. I like combat. I like violence. I like that adrenaline from seeing a character display their power in a way that really shows who they are and what they are capable of. I don't really enjoy violence for violence sake.

As for sexuality, I'm not going to name names but I seriously have absolutely no problems with it, and neither do any of my characters. The more the merrier, as they would say.

Overall I hope to enjoy it here, and find some common ground with other members of the community, to find a genuinely entertaining mutual experience. After all, roleplaying is just multiplayer writing.

Signing off,
-S

Hello! Welcome!

You want wholesale violence @IQ i think i found you a player for the tsumi

basically they’re 10ft 4 armed warmongers who grew up watching40k and try to imitate it

Welcome to SARP! I think almost all of the plots here will appeal to your tastes, but I will say that a lot of the RP is military-centered so typically there's a degree of discipline amidst the violence. However, you should still be able to find a place for any violence-centric character and there are plenty of plots that appeal to other archetypes, whether they're a roaring Khornate-style berserker, a reticent assassin, a fanatically loyal-cultist type, a sadistic medic, a covetous mercenary, or a disciplined soldier. As Ame said looking for an active plot to join is a good first step, but be sure to read up on the factions behind the plots as well. There's a lot on the wiki and if it's something you enjoy doing, you can easily lose hundreds of hours reading up on stuff in it and making your own.

That said, I hope you have fun here! Make sure to join us in the Discord as well! 😁

You got into gaia just as I had left! Not cringey imo :]
Oh I was a mary sue through and through.

This all sounds overall great. I mean I've played from all walks of life really, lush pedantic philosphical drunks, to overly focused monks with no sense of humor, to an immortal housecat with a death wish. I'll most certainly find something to do. Thank you for the greeting, and the helpful tips, all of you. This is already a great help.

Thanks! You seem like someone who will bring a lot to our RP here. I hope you love writing with us here and enjoy the stories. Let me know if you need anything and don't be afraid to give us your ideas.

Of course! I hope to enjoy it here.

After spending, god knows how long, what is it 3pm? Reading over some of the wiki, I do actually like the idea of the Tsumi, their approach to faith and how they enact scarification are actually really interesting, and their focus on personal strength probably translates to a lot of hard work and overall understanding of personal power, how they fit into the world and what it means to an individual. I think I can get behind that, if given a chance.

Also, just as a note, so people understand. I'm probably not going to join the discord, at least anytime soon. Perhaps half a year ago I would not have hesitated, but at the beginning of the year I had a couple of small strokes and my health will not permit me to talk to more than two people at a time, not because of any other reason than it becomes physically impossible to do so. My mind, and the fleshier aspects of the brain, are kind of jumbled, and after having a contra-coup when I was 21 I really have very very little ability to properly communicate anymore without significant mental preparation. Also, that actually does explain any typos as well, as for whatever reason as I type, speak, or any other form of communication it can occasionally start coming out backwards, most often noticeable with vowels but often times I actually do transpose entire words, or even indeed write them entirely backwards. My apologies if that occasionally makes it difficult to understand me. I rely heavily on syntax software to catch my errors.

But I do still write, nearly an absurd amount, and I look forward to engaging a large community such as this, even if it has to be at mid distance. Do not hesitate to private message me on the site, at all.

So I didn't see this up until now, now being late before a workday. So I'll keep it brief now and write up something far less rushed when I have more time to, well, take my time.

Anyhow, hiya, I'm IQ. DM and owner of the Tsumi and apparantly the local gorefiend. I'm flattered you've taken an interest from the get-go, I can't express that enough. Thanks a bunch and stay tuned, I'll be more detailed tomorrow.

Thanks btw @club24

So I didn't see this up until now, now being late before a workday. So I'll keep it brief now and write up something far less rushed when I have more time to, well, take my time.

Anyhow, hiya, I'm IQ. DM and owner of the Tsumi and apparantly the local gorefiend. I'm flattered you've taken an interest from the get-go, I can't express that enough. Thanks a bunch and stay tuned, I'll be more detailed tomorrow.

Thanks btw @club24
Of course! Thank you for the consideration for my interest, I am waiting on tenterhooks. Also, if you feel more comfortable speaking privately or having a more longform conversation without the need for excessive posting and short questions, you can always message me on the site, as well.

-S

That is quite the intro you got there, Welcome Slater to Sarp, great to see you got interested in our lovely community! We got quite a wide range of plots and stories to look into so who knows we might be doing a story together!

Below you will find some standard beginner information that might help you along the way.

We got Staff members (They keep the community going), but you also got Character Mods (like myself) and Submission Reviewers (who check out new ideas you might wish to add to SARP :D ). Additionally, you also got Faction Managers (these run a faction within SARP) and Game Masters/Managers (Who run a plot within a certain faction or totally independent). I colored the names as these are also the colors in our discord, which we also have right here!

Pfew lots of information, I know. But that is what SARP is a great library of information created and used by players. So we understand perfectly that it's overwhelming, my advice is to check the following pages to help you a bit forward.
In my fair opinion, you can best start at Active plots as the character you going to plausible make is attached to a certain plot that has requirements and is most likely attached to a faction. If you have questions, just poke us at the discord server or send the staff or maybe myself a message on the forum and we gladly help you out!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back