Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• In 2020 we're going to have our community meetings on the second Friday of the month except when those are holidays (Valentine's Day and Patriot's Day). I've added dates to the 2020 wiki page.

Wes's Waifus

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
STO Fleet Member
index(10).png

I like this cutie! I tried leaving a little of the white background (as a sort of glow or a sticker) on this one so the edges were more clear against the background. Getting a good cut of the hair versus removing the background is always an issue since they waifulabs generator puts everything against a white background.

@HarperMadi If you generate a waifu you like, I'm happy to give it a shot making it into a SARP character portrait like the one above.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
STO Fleet Member
w17.png
Here's a cook I made tonight from one of the first waifus I ever generated.

Also, here's my attempt to make a male character to balance the gender ratio a little.

Image1.png

Don't worry, I'm going to find a shirt for him at some point, lol. Here's a gif of his "transition."

Animation2.gif

Here's one of the character from the last post, too.

Animation1.gif

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
STO Fleet Member
c863198-d863198-p863198.png

Here's another one where I gave them a haircut and used them for a male character.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
STO Fleet Member
c727211-d59389-p853525.png

This girl is just adorable. We saved her from the recycle bin and decided in the chat to replace her disfigured stump arm with a cyborg one.

I thought maybe she can be a little sister to someone in RP or something

"Hey I'm kind of in a combat mission right now little sis."​

"But you promised to take me to the movies!!"​

"Kuvexians don't respect movie showtimes."​

Also here's a cool villain NPC:

download - 2019-12-01T085420.png

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
STO Fleet Member
download - 2019-11-30T151649.png

Updated this one with a new chef hat and kitchen background.

Image1.png

Gave this guy a shirt.

download - 2019-11-25T164547.png

A new technician for the engineer squad!

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
STO Fleet Member
Here's some notes:
  • You can make character artworks using https://waifulabs.com (images are 400x400px)
  • There's a Chrome Extension that allows you to save/load/transfer color/details/pose with drag and drop to the waifulabs site. Super useful.
  • You can use this site to double the size of your waifu images: https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/waifu2x
    • Also works on other images
  • The way I add the uniforms is to make a new layer and trace/draw the lines, then add another layer behind the lines for coloring and shading

Andrew

Submissions Reviewer
FM of Yamatai
Game Master
Retired Staff
Thank you! That was exactly what I needed!

These Waifus are very handy and the way you SARP them is perfect! So many characters could have art this way.