• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

What is one ingredient that you always ask to be omitted from your food?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
"Hold the ______ please."

Maybe you have a diet restrictions, aren't ready to ride the spicy pain train, or just associate certain flavors with being gross. What is that one ingredient you'll always ask the restaurant not to put in the food your order, and why?

I should ban cinnamon, as I'm slightly allergic, but Cinnabon is soo good.

Sacre is not a fan of eggs, but only if it's recognizably egg. Some Separa'Shan don't eat anything with egg in it for religious reasons. Other Separa'Shan love eggs.

Cilantro. Plain and simple. The taste is far too overpowering for me and tends to kill my taste in foods it is used in. If I want flavorful meals and I know cilantro is in it, I know I won't taste anything but that. I don't know why, but I'm unusually sensitive to the stuff.

I spent time thinking about this question and what my answer is, and I realized for me it's alcohol. I never got into drinking. Alcohol contributed to my dad's dad's death. He died young, a year before I was born, so I never got to known him as grandpa. Grandma remarried later so I had a different grandpa on my dad's side who I knew as grandpa, which is why I just call dad's dad my dad's dad. Anyway, because of that, my dad never drank again and my mom didn't really drink much (maybe an occasional wine glass at a party) so alcohol was basically never around during my childhood. I even turned 21 in Kuwait, a country where alcohol is illegal, because I was deployed at the time. It seems so easy to derail your life by making a single mistake of doing or saying the wrong thing, I just never thought it was worth it. I figure I save money and dignity.

So if it's got booze in it, like a pina colada, I'll always get the non-alcoholic version.

@Soresu @Yoshiro Tanaka and @Punk Mantis do you know if you're blessed with the gene that makes it taste super bad (some people say soap I always say dirty brass but to each their own)? My dad and I both have it and when I was growing up my mom would just keep putting it in stuff when she was cooking for me and her like I mean just dumping it on her food. It never occurred to her why we were just so disgusted with her cooking until we found out there's literally a genetic reason!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back