• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

What is Star Army's Best Bar?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Bars, saloons, cantinas, taverns...the gathering places of RPGs! Full of all sorts of interesting aliens and characters and of course...plot hooks!

I want to do a vote on which place is the best "space bar" in the Star Army universe! But I figured before I open a poll, I should ask around for suggestions. Which bars would you like to see on the lists? Also I wanted to give everyone a chance to create or improve wikis for bars before I started the vote, so if you have one you want to see win, now's a great time/excuse to work on it!

Some of the ones that came to mind for me are:
Furthermore, what sort things should be on the wiki for a great bar location page, anyway?

I find that a good sense of history is super important for everything in SARP so every wiki page needs a good history section and it's better if it has RPed history in there. A basic menu (huge ones are kind of clutter) with prices, and increasingly I'm thinking about NPCs and characters to meet when you visit. What other ideas do you have?

I think ones that have actually seen RP frequently over the course of their existence would be higher contenders, rather than any detail that is or is not on the wiki page.

Sure, but details on the wiki are there to help facilitate RP. So I'm asking everyone what sort of things people want to see in those pages to help make them easier and more fun to use in the RP. For example if some of the staff are interesting, those people might be good to list on the page so they can appear in multiple RPs.

In regards to the details, I think the more important ones are a description of the actual space and the people/staff who you can find there, rather than a lengthy and (probably unnecessary) menu on the wiki page, but I do maintain that in terms of "what is SARP's best bar" the answer should be the one most popular in-RP.

I think they're nice, like in the case of Jensen's bar, but they're definitely more of a nice-to-have rather than a necessary thing. Textual descriptions are more important, I think.

For me it's Desperados Restaurant because of how fleshed out it is, that it's a true bar, and almost every SAoY ship docking in Yamatai has reason to be there.

edit: the details on the wiki I like are the people and how they act, the ambience, what a character might look at in between conversations or if having a drink/bite to eat alone.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back