• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

What is the boiling point of hemosynth?

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Does hemosynth have a boiling point? A freezing point? Does its malignancy stop those processes?

I just want to know hypothetically

It's mostly blood and blood is mostly water so it's probably similar to water.

I love that hemosynthesis can repair neurons but it's also just blüd

I remembered the reason I thought of this earlier this morning! I was truly wondering if Nekovalkryja could thermoregulate?

I agree with Wes that it likely boils at the temperature of the water - I think a good follow-up question is, what temperatures can the femtomachinery in hemosynth handle? Upper and lower thresholds? At what point do they stop working?

In terms of thermoregulation, my guess is the femtomachines could use their energy to create heat or serve as heatsinks near the surface of the skin - after all there is the whole survival in a vacuum.

In terms of femptomachine operations, I imagine they would stop working properly in the mid hundreds ferinheit or so. They are probably also good down to a bit below freezing.

Waahhh really good thoughts on it! In jest, Charmaylarg makes me want to ask a follow-up question: what flavor is hemosynthesis?

If we're talking raw tuna negitoro tuna then we don't have to delete this thread

But if you're talking canned tuna brother... oh no no shut it down

Things I'd want to discuss about hemosynth and nekos in general:

1. Can someone ever get Nanomachine Anemia? As in, a natural deficiency where one does not produce enough femtomachines in their own hemosynth. I think that'd be cool to experiment with.
  2. Given that nekos filter their blood with organs, technically they are not immune to all drugs, because some drugs will act long before they are filtered out. Take sedatives for example, they'll be filtered out eventually, but if you have an IV drip they can stay under, because the stuff being filtered out is being replaced. Sorta like how toxins can act before they're filtered out by the liver, but a lot faster.

I dealt with number one in one of Tachiko's very first posts. She had a Neko bleeding out and had to transfuse because they didn't have enough to heal.

Legs were bitten off by a kaiju

RPG-D RPGfix
Back