• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

What is the most horrible/Nightmareish place any Star Army Personnel could be assigned to?

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
I might use this as punishment, but I wanted to know outright cause I was curious about what place the Star Army Personnel could be assigned to that no one would want to go.

Oh, I'll need to search the wiki for punishment for bad behavior.

Anywhere with Sacre. /jk

There are a lot of rocks that probably need someone to sit on them. There are also probably certain ships and units that are basically dumping grounds for the misfits. Places where Thad should be assigned. I also imagine that places like that also happen to become PC ships more often than most.

I can think of some rough - nightmarish places to be assigned,
  • Unmei Bastion - Shugosha I- A First Expeditionary Fleet base on a naturally toxic planet, furthered by the presence of the Keiyō City.
  • [Redacted] - Nemesis Bastion - A super secret deep subterranean Star Army base in the Siren System - You are deep underground, and likely don't exist on much paperwork. Only Taisho Yui, SAINT's Director, and some Flag Ranks of the 1XF and 5XF know where you are.
  • Anywhere around the place labeled "Certain Doom" on the Star Map.

Any Fourth Fleet posting, probably. Sat alone on an out-of-lifespan ship in the middle of a sleepy border system. Quite a lot like serving on a submarine IRL.

Also, maybe being Kamirakurai. Given you're essentially a berserker who is gonna die over and over again as part of the whole shock trooper deal.

Oh, or the Task Force that "hunts space dragons" and have never actually encountered a space dragon. I forget the designation but they're on the wiki. I imagine people are sent there just so they are kept from Yamatai lol.

Ouchi Prison or Fort Minori

fetch.php

The Star Army of Yamatai has at least one SAINT agent stationed in the jungles of HX-13's habitable planet which was (is still?) inhabited by primitive maybe cannibalistic tribal humans and Mishhuvurthyar invaders. There is also incredibly hostile plant life (think people-eating aggressive plants). Without any Star Army facilities the SAINT agent basically has to stealthily live amongst these threats collecting intelligence for months at a time by living in self-dug foxholes or in trees with almost no support except sparse dead drops of rations and stuff from Star Army Logistics.

Other places that suck to be stationed are small frontier starports with nothing of note around them on underdeveloped, unpopulated planets (especially deserts or ice planets), and certain trans-universal assignments.

I wanted to thank you all for your additions to the thread. Basically the reason I was asking is in my side story I was sort of GMing, there's this rude, mean bully of a technician called Tachibana_hei, who had used her influence to make it so that the ships caretaker Mazumi could not get repaired and maintenance done to her previous body which was an Emma Android. Before the Mazu and everything goes on its adventure, I wanted to have Mazumi ask the higher ups to send her away to an appropriate place for her.

Mazumi is using a tennyo body now and no longer needs to worry about repairs and maintenance.

but i think that a ice world would be good for Tachibana-Hei.

That's if you're only talking about CURRENT possibilities. The worst of all time would be Murf, mid-late YE29, lol.

I mean, find an excuse for some star army police or whatever the YSE has that they have to be required to spend some time at Poison/The Swamp for cross-training, and I'm sure they'll stab an admiral in the face telling them they need a refresher course at the piss world prison full of some of the sectors worst convicts again.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back