• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

What is the population of Nataria?

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
The Nekovalkyrja homeworld has no listed population. Any guesses @Wes ?

20 odd years ago it was ~5,000? Now there are probably millions so disregard this, honestly. But idk if it's been seen or not!
Nataria:

Nataria is one of the ‘Warmaster' worlds, whose purpose is to defend the more highly populated systems of Anisa and Tatiana. The system consists of a series of four gas giants, an asteroid belt followed by five planets. Of these Nataria is the furthest from the sun, despite residing only roughly 1 AU from the systems star, the others reside closer. Of these two do not rotate along the same plane as the rest of the planets, travelling roughly 45 degrees and 70 degrees relative to the other planets.

Nataria is a forest world, only recently terraformed by Yamatai, having been terraformed over YE 23 to YE 26, but now covered largely with a huge evergreen forest. This is sustained by a complicated water cycle from what are not so much oceans as enormous inland seas and lakes. The forest is fairly undisturbed over the globe other than these lakes, and the occasional mountain range jutting up above the tree tops.

As of the moment there is very little wildlife on Nataria other than the trees.

The sole construction on Nataria is a YSSDF, a large facility constructed mostly under the ground in a multiple-layer complex. On the surface there are facilities for starships, aircraft and shuttle operations. In the facility there are approximately 5,000 soldiers, 2,000 of which are Mindy M2 or Kylie M3 Power Armour pilots, the exact number of which is open to fluctuation. Around this facility are a number of weapon emplacements, and the entire facility is protected by both a large shielding device and a cloaking device.

The page from 2018 was at about 5.7, I just missed sticking it in when I squished places and system the second time, woops! Adjusted when I worked on it this time was about 6.1~ ish but I just modified the 3.2 for clarity. Unless there's a problem, we can go with whatevah.

I moved a vast majority of the Area Armies off Nataria and the rest were sent to the reserves as per Rikugun Reforms and Base Realignment YE 42 on Star Army Space Roleplay

SAoY really doesn't need that many people doing area beatification all the time. Though wouldn't surprise me that they are still living at the Fort. It has all those apartments.

Last edited:
Should the flux of Neko creation and training be accounted for, even just for the sake of discussion? Neko are being pumped out, namely here, and then they train and socialize here. It's not like every member of that population needs to be a long-term resident. But the cyclical nature of the Nekovalkryja creation does mean there will always be tons of Neko there that won't be there next month, only to be replaced, that aren't part of a standing army.

I think it should be the people who have their offical residence there. I imagine that a lot of Nekos who basically are married to their ships have their offical residences there even if they effectively never visit. So a Neko who is born there and then ships off is probably still a resident.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back