• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

What is the temperature tolerance of the Nekovalkyrja?

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Kind of a few questions in one - What is the minimum and maximum survivable temperature range for Nekovalkyrja? What is the "comfort" or "optimum" temperature that Star Army ships are regulated to?

Funny I’d asked something similar, on a cold freezing weather I’d asked “How long could Neko's stand without the cold weather clothes? like if they had to search for them?”

Wes gave this answer definitely they'd do better than a human, maybe a couple days?

The planet in question was Ether which may or may not exist if it hadn’t been deleted.

Funny I’d asked something similar, on a cold freezing weather I’d asked “How long could Neko's stand without the cold weather clothes? like if they had to search for them?”

Wes gave this answer definitely they'd do better than a human, maybe a couple days?

The planet in question was Ether which may or may not exist if it hadn’t been deleted.
My curiosity came from wondering what was the comfort level on ships, etc. Where is that dial set :p

Honestly? I would believe they could regulate their body temp a lot better than a human as Wes said. Although I would say you can take that a step further depending on the Nekovalkyrja in question. To me it isn't about body type or classification, series and number. I believe it kind of comes down to how well a Nekovalkyrja can utilize their bodies. If they can fully manipulate it, control it, adapt it to suit their needs. They're built sturdier. But you never see someone (Or I haven't) do something that deep, intricate and such. But it was something I had started thinking heavily about in the recent thread I joined in with a Neko of mine. There have been stories and news pieces on people (I believe there are a group of monks) who can regulate their body temperature beyond what you'd believe possible through attuning themselves to such processes.

So why not Nekos? Just you know, with such bodies they could potentially be better at it depending on the writer and situation. But that is just me.

I feel like in terms of how cold, Nekos can probably burn up the energy stored in their tissues and stomachs as much as they want to, to stop their cells from freezing?

In terms of too hot, the reason we tend to die of that is that our brain's electrolytes get way too concentrated after all the water leaves and you die. Having a digital brain might straight up render then immune from heat, as long as they don't actually ignite.

Evidence on the wiki suggests that Neko have generally the same temperature tolerances as regular humans, because a special ability isn't outlined on their page. In fact, the only thing that mentions "temperature" is that NH-33 can sweat to maintain optimal operating temperature. So in the absence of something explicitly stated about special temperature tolerances (Delsaurians, for example, have a bit on how they need heat) plus the fact that they serve alongside Nepleslians, Geshrins, Yamataians, Elysians, and other humans, we'd have to assume that Neko aren't noticeably more resilient than regular humans.

So they'd set the thermostat to a nice 72 or 73 degrees Fahrenheit just like any other reasonable person.

Interestingly, the NH-7 Technical Manual has an answer for this which is:
  • Operating Temperature Limits: -145 to +295 deg. F
I think that's a bit much, honestly. For the current-generation of Nekovalkyrja I'd say -60 C (-76 F) to +55 C (131 F) for any sort of long-term survival (humidity may affect the upper ranges and clothing the lower). Nekovalkyrja are also able to survive in a cold space vacuum for several minutes, which is long enough to put on a Type 28 spacesuit. Most of the time Nekovalkyrja are going to enter extreme environments in a Mindy or AMES.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back