• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

What Night Do You Want Community JP Nights On?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Star Army is currently, based on feedback in the ideas forum, looking to set up regular community JP nights. I'm asking you, the community, what nights you'd like these to fall on.

Some of my ideas are:
  • Saturday nights @ 8:30-10pm EST / 5:30pm-7pm EST - biweekly (?)
  • the same but on Thursdays
These JPs would basically be like mini Open RPs and are a chance to get our characters out there in the RP. They could be used for holiday events and accelerating open RP threads as well.

I'm open to suggestions and also for volunteers to run these. If we have other people besides me doing it, that will open more time slots.

Both Saturday and Thursday work very well for me, so I would be happy with either (or both :p). I hesitate to volunteer, though. I think you'd want someone more experienced and better known/liked among the community. Maybe some day. :)

Though I can work with nearly any day, I would like for the timeframe to be earlier than the evening of EST - preferably starting around 4 PM. Doing this on a weekend would allow West Coast americans to easily participate (approx. 12-1PM for California), as well as many people in Europe (it would be about 9 PM in Britain) would have a chance to take part in the JPs.

Personally as well, my work ends at 2 but it starts at 6 AM (and I work every day of the week with irregular, unpredictable exceptions), so having a JP start at, say, 8PM for me makes it difficult to participate.

The time at which you’ve been holding Resurgence JPs, from 7-10 p.m. Eastern time, is pretty good. I think it strikes the best balance for the most members across the globe as it is not too early or late for any time zone. Any earlier and it cuts into regular business/working/real life hours and any later puts it firmly into the “roleplaying late tonight!” zone.

Any day is fine.

Yeah, basically it's not a coincidence my baby goes to bed at 8pm and my GMing time starts at 8pm lol.

-Rubs his chin.- My own hours aren't flexible, unpredictable but as I usually get time to relax while on-call after being on my feet for a while it'd give me the opportunity to try and take part in things. Usually, get off at 1am most days of the week but plenty of time in-between for me to work something in as well. So I'd be totally down to do something one day. Got my two Neko I'm currently using and can drag out some of my others if need be. Consider my interest piqued. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back