• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Original Mishhuvurthyar Types

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Mishhu are listed in by order of appearance.

1. Mishhuvurthyar: The standard Mishhuvurthyar, known for its tentacles, powerful drugs, strong telepathy, and ability to stealth like a Nekovalkyrja. Known to enslave humans. See this pagefor more information about standard Mishhuvuthyar and Mishhu culture.

Yuuko spun around and pointed her guns at the Mishhuvurthyar and opened fire, immediately recognizing the creature for what it was. The big pinkish creature stealthed, as the first of the rounds impacted with its giant armor-like skull, leaving Yuuko wildly firing until the thing swooped down and slapped her hard across the face, spinning her around a few times with the force of the blow. While not yet recovered, Yuuko found her weapons removed from each hand and her limbs encircled. Her four limbs just couldn't compete with all the Mishhuvurthyar's tentacles, and soon she was hanging upside down, stretched and secured by the strong tentacles. The thing slipped a needle into her side and Yuuko began to gasp, her eyes watering.

Shadow was impressed. He hadn't expected to have this creature come in so handy. "Now, Miss Yuuko. What were you saying about you're not being mine? Are you going to reconsider, and consent to helping me, by fighting in the tournament?" The man looked at the neko, just floating there in front of him.

"Unnngh," Yuuko moaned, feeling weak and woozy from the sedative-type potion the thing holding her had administered. Her holographic clothes faded away along with her ability to stealth, leaving her exposed and in plain sight. The creature's tentacles constricted a little more, painfully squeezing her upside-down figure. The Nekovalkyrja had already been reducing from a capable, ready soldier to a helpless, naked girl. "You're...with the Mishhu??" she asked, dumbfounded.

"Well, I wouldn't say that I, myself, am personally with them. In the name of finding funding for my experiments, I have been known to pick up stranded passengers of ships, or smuggle things from point A to point B. So I guess, the straightforward answer would be, Yes, for today, I am with the Mishhu." Shadow smiled and answered, looking over Yuuko's body. He wasn't really sexually attracted to her, even in her naked state, and he kept his eyes on her face, not her naked body. "But you didn't answer my question, Yuuko."

The Mishhu sent Shadow a telepathic message, "SHALL I MAKE HER PRONE TO SUGGESTIONS?" the thing's deep, booming voice resonated in the scientist's head for a moment, letting Yuuko dangle while poking and prodding her just out of spite for lesser life forms.

Shadow had to shake his head for a moment at the resonating voice. Not being able to give telepathic response, he just replied verbally. "Yes. I think that would be a very good idea...but is there a way to make her just receptive to MY suggestions? I would hate to have her try and kill me, simply because someone else told her to." The scientist put both hands into the pockets of his coat and looked between the Mishhu, and the neko.

"JUST BE THE ONLY ONE WHISPERING IN HER EAR," the thing telepathically bellowed. "HU HU HU HU," it laughed, it's two eyes in each socket blinking with a squishy noise. A large, flat, tongue-like tentacle dropped down from the center of the creature's underside, drooling thick clear slime all over Yuuko and then licking at her foot. From the looks of it, the Mishhu had a strong urge to chew on Yuuko like a dog would a toy. Yuuko started squeaking in pain as the Mishhu shoved a needle into her back, between her ribs, "AaaaaunnNNGGH!!" Tears streamed down her face.

Shadow had to smile at the joke, and then watched as the Mishuu licked at Yuuko. "Please, if you are thinking of eating her, don't. I need her alive, to fight in a tournament of champions against some of the best warriors an old enemy of mine, can find."

"THE BEST MEAL IS THE ONE THAT REGROWS LIMBS," the large floating mass told Shadow, its telepathy ringing in the man's head. It was as if the things were deliberately made to be overpowering in all respects, even casual conversation. "SHE SHOULD AGREE NOW." Yuuko received a strong shaking from the beast that had her captive. The Mishhuvurthyar started moving towards the door, bring her to the table that Shadow had waiting, the one with the straps built in.

Shadow smiled softly and walked after the floating creature. His head hurt badly from the loud telepathic communication, but he tried to just live with it. When Yuuko was put down onto the table, he fastened the belts over her biceps, wrists, thighs, calves, and ankles, and then, as a final thought, the ones over her throat, chin, and forehead. Just as he was finishing, a mental stab would be taken from the Elysian being held in the lab. A telepathic message, "Just give in, you inferior neko". Shadow looked up to the Mishhuvurthyar, "So will these be enough to restrain her, or should I put her in an emersion tube, and sedate her muscles to nothing more than jelly?"

Yuuko started crying, strapped to the table and unable to move, "I'll fight...please don't let it eat me,". The Mishhuvurthyar's four giant green eyes looked her up and down, "FOR THE TIME BEING INDEED. HU. HU. HU." It floated away from the girl and opened a cage nearby, ensnaring some sort of screaming pig-like creature within and pulling it up into its "mouth" on the Mishhu's underside to be digested alive, deliberately doing it all in Yuuko's line of sight.

From Servants of Shadow

-----

"Very well, Khawethikradra," Khafraggshithil Murgwath responded. A message was broadcast stating: "Greetings Yamatai persons!! We are here of friend and peaceful attempt!! If you are nice persons we will not end you!! Please stop shooting and allow for nice visit pleasantries!!"

Two giant masses of tentacles, with bone-covered heads that looked like raw hamburger meat floated up to the woman. "Welcome to you. Your planet Ralfaris now belong to and part of Sfrarabla," the larger one of the pair informed her.

"Sfrarabla is highest order, nothing control Sfrarabla. You are inferior. It is logical you are under our control." The larger Mishhuvurthyar got annoyed and tried to stab her with a tentacle-needle. For their size, it was surprising they were as fast as a neko was.

From Not So Pleasant

2. Brain-Slave: Small Misshu with tentacles only big enough to crawl around the floor. Possessing only rudimentary intelligence and only basic telepathy, these creature are fairly harmless alone, but make formidable and dangerous pilots for the Misshuvurthyar attack pods.

(No RP examples available at this time)

3: Humanoid Interpreter: It is unknown if this variant physically exists (possibly computer generated), but it is probable.

The Mishhu whipped up a video image of a smiling Qel'noran shaking hands with a beautiful pinkish-skinned woman with big green eyes and green hair. "You stop shoot or we end you!!" the female then warned, waving her finger at the screen. "It appear not all your container person want nice pleasantries!!" The SMX ships concentrated their fire on the ships that were still shooting. The reinforcement fleet continued their way toward Ralfaris. "We bring much friend for visit and nice pleasantries!!"

"You not make command speech!! Ralfaris belong to Mishhuvurthyar!! If you nice, we visit and exchange pleasantries!! Where location you want exchange!! We suggest person of command of Ralfaris come over visit exchange pleasantries!!" The pink woman said very enthusiastically, bouncing and smiling. The Mishhuvurthyar ships around Ralfaris stopped shooting. Well, mostly. They were still using their beam weapons every so often to hit nearby ships in the engines and other crippling, but non-lethal spots.

From Exchange of Pleasantries

4. Parasite: These hand-sized Mishhu resemble Type 1 Mishhu, but it is not known if they are related. These Mishhu have the ability to reproduce by parasiticially feeding on or consuming the insides of a human or animal victim. Later, when ready (or if the host dies), the creatures will emerge from the person's pelvis or chest. While inside a person, the Mishhu takes control of the body, even if the body itself is dead. Thus, life-forms infected with one of these small Mishhu are referred to as "zombies."

The man only coughed harder, then started vomiting up blood and going into a spasm. By this time even the action on stage had stopped and all attention was focused on the man.

Rett jolted to his feet and moved quickly and restrained the man to keep him from harming himself or breaking his neck in the spasms. "Someone get a medic!" He said.

Nobody did. They all just stared.

Logan stepped back a bit and shouted Frell's name out among the crowd, hoping for his friend to respond.

Suddenly, a dozen or so bulges appeared under the man's t-shirt. In a second, they exploded and little round things started flying out. People started screaming. Logan got a clear view on one of the little burger-sized things jump into another man's eye and burrow into the guy's skull, killing him instantly. The creatures were hopping all over the place, biting anyone they could. Yuuko stumbled back and knocked one off of her chest. "What the hell?"

From Red Light District, Part 3

5. Unknown Humanoid Type: Little is known about this Mishhuvurthyar, except that it has the power to render an Nekovalkyrja NH-17 unconcious.

There was another shake and then a hissing as the ship's emergency shutters closed again. Rave's voice said, "A minor anomaly in the combined distortion field was detected. Although the ship has taken no damage, the ship's emergency shutters were sealed as a precautionary measure." Red emergency lights came on in the hallway, and he could see what looked like a slimy, skinless creature standing over Yuuko's body for a fraction of a second. There was a flicker, and it was gone, leaving Yuuko on the floor, a bit of drool coming out of her mouth as she stared up at the ceiling.

From Disturbance

6. Crawlers: Resembling slimey, oversized caterpillars, these creatures are usualy found in groups and are related to the Type 7 Mishhuvurthyar in some way. Their bite acts as a powerful mind-altering drug that causes dizziness, paranoia, extreme pain, and insanity.

Anthony began to feel a stinging where he'd been bit, and a dizziness in his head. It seemed like the ship was rocking forward and back. His sense of balance didn't seem to be working very well. Yuuko, too, had been bitten (but many more times) and was starting to look out of it. She was grabbing at something that they couldn't see and started laughing uncontrollably, stumbling around the hall towards the front of the ship.

From Disturbance

7. Dark Mishhuvurthyar: Speckled black and red in coloration (if not invisible), these Mishhu are larger than normal and have been known to transform into swarms of creatues resembling maggots, leeches, and caterpillars (See Type 6). This type of Mishhu exerted control over the systems of a small Star Army starship as well as invading the minds of its crew.

Yuuko could hear her own breathing inside the helmet as she loosened the straps of the Mindy, which held itself up against the wall by its hands and leaned forward, ready to open at her mental command; its movement cause her pistol to fall off its shoulder and onto the floor by Yuuko's feet. She ignored the weapon, since she knew the guns were very tough, and reached her fingers up to the seal that held her helmet on, fumbling with it trying to get it loose. It wasn't easy with the gloves of the spacesuit on.

All alone and unheard by her crewmates, Yuuko let sudden out a shriek of pain that quickly turned into a bloody gurgle as her space suit and body were penetrated by a fast jab by something behind her. The space suit covered her skin she so couldn't see what it was, only the thick, meter-long knife-like red spike sticking out of her chest as the thing lifted her off of the floor entirely, leaving the floor like a blank canvas that her blood began to paint with its drops and splatters.

"I cannn...seeee...your...souls..." the voice called out to the crew; it then started to laugh at them. The most sick, horrible, demented, and deep laugh they'd ever heard, so loud in their minds that it made it almost impossible to think. When Tyriel opened the door, he got a glimpse of a giant black and red writhing mass of slimy tentacles. Before he could fire, it was gone. Yuuko's Mindy hung from the wall, its straps undone, and her pistol lay on the ground in an enormous pool of blood that extended in a smear that led to the forcefield that held in the air in the bay. He could see small three-fingered handprints in the blood; there'd been a struggle.

From Disturbance

8. Ghost Mishhuvurthyar: Mishhuvurthyar with a natural phase-variance that allow them to effortly pass through normal matter as desired. First encountered in the Mwigflukbajik where they created chaos on Star Army fleet ships.

Yuuko's face turned into an ugly scowl, her eyes dark like tar, her face even more pale now. From behind her back, the wall became darker and dark, the whole room's lights dimming with it. "In fact, I don't think we'll have enough..." she said darkly. Ethereal darkness swirled around her, each a long tentacle composed of shadow, wrapping around her lazily. Two sets of green, glowing eyes appeared over her shoulders.

Shadow quickly jumped back away from Yuuko as the room darkened, and then the eyes appeared over her shoulders. "What in the hell?"

Rei raised an eyebrow before quickly removing her weapon from her holster again and aiming it at Yuuko, "Shimatta, this was the kind of thing I came to question Yuuko and Shadow about, if it is even Mishhu that is." She though to herself before she quickly shouted at Shadow, "Shadow, you're the science officer, what's happening?"

"I think someone like you might have figured out the connection, especially if even I'm seeing it," Yuuko commented as the darkness embraced her, then faded away. The light seemed to return to normal, but Yuuko was still pale and angry looking. "Unnnh," she moaned, holding her head. "We...We need to get the ship out of here or we're all dead," she said ominously, stumbling towards Shadow and Rei. There was a twitching in her hands and eyes.

---

"I'm not sure," the purple-haired girl said, becoming unsteady again and putting her hand on the wall for support. A giant shadowy mass crept down the passageway from behind the two of them, reaching its tentacles out towards Rei. Yuuko looked at it in horror, pointing at it to warn Rei.

"Nande?" Rei asked curiously, raising an eyebrow before turning her head to look behind her.

The ghostly Mishhu's tentacles stabbed right through Rei's torso, but amazingly she was unhurt, since the thing wasn't solid. It's green eyes stared right at the neko, until Yuuko's hand firmly grabbed a hold of Rei and jerked the woman to the side and out of the Mishhu's tentacles. Dozens of little hamburger-sized miniature Mishhuvurthyar appeared in the spot where Rei had just been standing. They, too, were ghost-like and shadowy.

Still a little shocked she brought a hand to feel where the shadowy spikes had penetrated, "Strange... I wonder what this Mishhu's purpose is... I seem to be fine..." As she came to her sense though she quickly grabbed Yuuko's arm and put it over her shoulder, "Gomen, Ittô Juni-san but I think we're going to have to move a bit faster and you may need a little help."

She then moved her one hand under behind Yuuko for support and with her other hand pushed against the back of the officers knees causing her to fall neatly into Rei's arms. Rei then broke into a sprint towards the monitor room, "I probably should have shot it but considering it's spikes went right through me what if my shot goes right through it..." She thought to herself as she ran. She then sent a message using telepathy to MEGAMI, "MEGAMI, warn the Taisho there is something aboard the ship, possibly Mishhu, she can decide if the rest of the crew should be warned yet."

Surprisingly, Yui's voice popped up on the intercom, "If you can hold on for another five seconds or so, I should be able to bring that Mishhu into normal space. Are you ready, Rei?" The Mishhu continued to stalk the two in the hall, its little minions jumping at Rei's legs eagerly.

"Hai, hai," She replied while she ran.
Shortly thereafter, there was a flash of bright blue light, and the Mishhuvurthyar and its miniatures were suddenly no longer translucent and shadowy. Yuuko's eyes widened, realizing the only thing she had on was a silk bed sheet. "Rei!!" she yelled as the Mishhu came after them. "The blast shutters!"

Rei quickly leaned against the wall careful not to hit Yuuko's head and pressed the blast shutter button, the shutter crashed down in a matter of microseconds blocking Yuuko and her from the monstrosity that waited on the other side. She turned to see the shutter in place and gave a sigh of relief.

"That was a little close for comfort," Yui commented over the intercom system. "Now, you two get to the bridge, I need to speak with you."

From YSS Nozomi: Impending Conflict

9. Hybrid Mishhuvurthyar: A Nekovalkyrja with the ablity to take on Mishhu characteristics such as large numbers of tentacles. Usually with pinkish skin and green eyes. Also known as "Pumpkin type."

Through the transparent door, Kotori could see Pumpkin sitting outside, lazily sipping at a drink from her bridge-style rolling chair. Her legs were a mass of dark red tentacles, long and straight, neatly arranged to look like a skirt. She wore a black T-shirt on top.

Pumpkin's bright green eyes contrasted against her pale pink skin and fiery orange hair; she was almost neon. Her small pupils in their radiant irises darted from place to place as the hybrid's mind wandered; when Kotori spoke, they focused on her. "Well, well, well," the half-woman, half-Mishhu sneered. "If it isn't Taisa Hanako, Yui's favorite little play toy..." she said, repeating the words she had spoken when she was first encountered on a Mishhuvuthyar ship.

10. Tough Bugs: Wallet-sized rugged telepathic insectoids with a very thick rubbery carapace. Flesh-eating.

A slot in the wall (presumably, made to serve food) opened and a large, very tough looking red insect of some sort rushed into the room, immediately taking a bite out of Hanako's calf muscle. The girl screamed in pain writhing on the floor, kicking at the bug to try to get it away. Of course, there was nowhere to run to. The interrogator outside knocked on the glass to keep Kotori's attention. "MEGAMI knows when you're lying," she warned.

"I was the executive officer!" Kotori snarled at the other. "Taisa Sydney died in the battle in which your NH-25 captured Hanako and I. Hanako herself might outrank me, but she's an Imperial observer! I'm a Taii : I was the one left in command!"

Hanako cowered from the biting bug in a corner of the cell. It watched her hungrily, waiting for the signal to strike again. "What is the Sakura's destination?" the interrogating neko demanded to know.

"I sent it back in hopefully friendly territory so the crew could get medical attention. It should be pretty far away now." Kotori eyes hardened, "The lives of my crew are more valuable than Hanako's - that's all you get."

More insects crawled into the cell now, and began attacking Hanako. The Taisa kicked at them and tried to knock them away with her hands, but this time there was many more. The girl screamed, as agonizing bites left bloody holes in her flesh. And then the bugs began to burrow into the openings, crawling under Hanako's skin. Poor Hanako couldn't stop squirming, shrieking, and desperately crying for help as they chewed their way around.

Kotori sent a baleful look at the interrogator and leapt into the fray to fend of the insects. She supposed the insects themselves were tough enough to be a threat to a nekovalkyrja, but she wasn't going to leave Hanako like that without helping.

She risked opening up with a shriek of brute psionics; probably the only attempt the ship's MEGAMI would allow past before the PSC would come online; and then, activating her skin camouflage, she waded in the melee, tearing at the insects on Hanako before interposing herself as an obstacle before she began to counter-attack, crushing and rending with her hands.

More and more of the tough, vicious bugs flooded into the room. "You should have realized by now, that we control PANTHEON already. That just happens to mean no mental backups for the princess here," the interrogator sneered. "I wonder how long it will be until one of them eats her sweet little brain? They're already deep inside her."

Kotori's eyes widened. "Ushobrakflug!" she yelled over the din of the chittering, biting insects. Unknowingly, the interrogator had not only pointed to Kotori the obvious, but had also jarred a memory back to the surface of Kotori's mind. Yui's joined with the PANTHEON, she told me her NH-23 body tapped into that- she cut her realizations short by backhanding one of the insects into the wall. "Get them off her!"

By now, Hanako's cries and begging had been reduced to drooling and twitching. Her once perfect skin was now full of glistening red sores and moving lumps. A few that had entered elsewhere even crawled out from between her lips. As Kotori finally answered, the bugs began to exit Hanako's mutiliated body and neatly gather in a pile in the opposite corner of the room. The interrogator smiled. "Much better."

From YSS Sakura Mission 5 Part 2

It would be nice to have this information added to the Mishu article. Even if they don't exist anymore, it helps to understand the species. The information on the SMX especially is pretty limited in comparison to NMX.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back