• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

What Would You Update About Star Army's Rules?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
As I mentioned in the last community meeting, I've been starting work on making warning reasons more specific and replacing the default ones with ones based on our actual rules. But our rules haven't been updated in a while and I figure this is a good time to ask you, the Star Army community, for feedback on them.

Here's the current rules: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:rules

My thoughts:
  • It's confusing that there's two lists of rules, one for the code of contact and one "basic rules" section. These should be combined.
  • We should move away from bullet points and have them as sections that explain the "why" and perhaps examples of each rule so they're more clear.
    • For example it says harassment is prohibited but not what is considered harassment. Explain it.
  • Content guidelines/RPG ratings rules aren't explained and can probably be removed (adult content is already covered in another rule)
  • I think we should remove the rule about sharing conversations - really these are the participants' to share as they wish
  • Enforcement guidelines: Move away from mods editing posts, just delete the problem posts in most cases. (exception: fixing broken links for SEO)
  • As a general note, remember our rules cannot be less strict than the rules of our providers (e.g. our webhost, Discord, etc.)
What are your thoughts/suggestions on our rules?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back