• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP When The Thunder Rolls

“Armora, look at me.” Aztec started, recognizing the signs of her straining against her mental chains. “Stop and take a breath. We’ll figure out a way through this, all of us. Sarah’s still alive. She might be in a bad way, but she’s still here. Where there’s life, there’s hope...”

"She found Thorn." Rose lay her head back down, avoiding Jack's gaze. "Something about Dovania. She found Thorn."

~~~

Spark's hand gave a gentle squeeze to Lynn, carefully controlled mechanical linkages almost giving the impression of real warmth, despite the fact that Spark's hand was not in that glove. She gave a reassuring smile to Lynn, before glancing up to Jacky and Talos. Returning her crimson eyes to Lynn's, she placed her free hand on the disfigured appendage the other woman had placed on her. "Sure. Long run. It'd take all of us and then some to bring Mom down. I don't think a simple infection will be her end."

Slipping away, she made room for Jacky to offer her paper towels, gently tapping Talos on the shoulder. Her voice was quiet, softer than was expected for what looked to be over seven hundred pounds and almost eight feet of armor clad power symbol. But the armor added a lot. "Can we speak in private, sir?"

Last edited:
Nyx heard Rose explain who Thorn was, that she was her sister. She learned that Sarah loved her, but that Thorn got lied to. It seemed that Rose was the first one to lie to her and that it went downhill from there. She continued to listen to her talk about Thorn, her mind not yet made up that perhaps Thorn was the culprit behind the attack. Though it appears that Rose was blaming herself for it, she was unsure whether to decide that Rose was to blame since she was being Emotional, and rightly so.

She moved closer to Sarah’s bed, and looked at her grandmother, her mechanical eyes moving downwards towards her injuries. As she did so, she heard her dad’s voice speaking, and it reminded her he was there. She felt bad wishing there was something she could do since Sarah was his mother too. Jack asked about Thorn and what she had o do with this. Rose mentioned Sarah finding her and mentioned Dovania, which she knew was an ally of The NDC. She wanted to open her mouth and ask if Thorn was a hostile, but she wasn’t sure if she should.

TALOS
Seeing Lynn this way brought a sense of nausea to his own stomach, though not usually weak stomached, this was something that went way beyond what he had felt before. However, he was thankful when Spark gave him a tap to come aside. Gently he placed a hand on Jacky's shoulder, "Hey, can you watch her for a few, make sure she's okay. Me and Spark need to step outside a minute."

Giving Spark a nod afterwards, Talos followed her out of the women's restroom, which thankfully was unoccupied and thus avoiding awkwardness that would have distracted from the situation.

ARMORA
The clone looked surprise as Aztec became commanding, which part of her programming kicked in to do as told, not sure what else to mentally grasp for. She felt broken, these waves of terrible emotion washing through her that she couldn't hold back. This is what she had wanted to free? This misery, this....emotional pain? It almost made the poor clone wish that she hadn't begun to free her mind, that she hadn't met az.....NO, she couldn't do that. That was the only thing in her manufactured life she was striving for of her own choice.

This showed on her face as the tears rolled like rivers, virgin tear ducts who had only leaked before, now opened fully to release the liquid which now lubricated her cheeks. No words could be found, her hands only finding his arms before she held onto him as to not let go.

NEERA
Neera stopped at the butterfly siblings by the door, kneeling before them quickly. "Hey everything is going to be okay, grandma just needs to rest for a few days. But right now, she could use the company, so you know, go show her you're here for her. Okay?" she said as she gently took one of their hands in her's, "I need to go check on mom, and make sure she knows. I'll be back in a bit okay."

And with that, before either could protest, she gave both a peck on the forehead before heading out the door with David, and after they had left the view of those still inside, her shoulders slumped. "David, I don't think...I-I don't think she's going to make it." came the lupines voice in a hush as he gaze lowered. She'd seen enough people on death's door to know when there was little chance of coming back. After all, Jace had been the same.

JACK
He needed answers, needed to know what had caused this, and already the mention of Thorn was making his stomach tighten. Clenching his fists, he stepped out to go make a call to Dovania, and in the event the news wasn't disastrous, maybe calm down and cry.

Nyx glanced towards Jack and watching as he left the room before she turned to look at Sarah. There was nothing she could do for her, and it made her feel saddened to think so. But she knew Jack would be deeply affected by this, so since she couldn’t do much she thought she should go. She moved forward gently took Sarah’s hand into her own “be strong, Grandmother, be strong please’ she pleaded before gently kissing her hand before she turned to follow Jack wanting to let him know she was there for her dad, unaware that he had intended to head to a place where he could call Dovania. “Dad?’ she called to him as she caught up to her father.

"Yeah," Lynn breathed in response as she tapped off from Spark's shoulder. Glancing over at Jacky as she approached with some paper towels. Thankful for her shorter than average hair and the fact it wasn't the first time she had a rather intense puking session. Though this one wasn't due to an overabundance of alcohol or inebriation. She felt physically sick due to the entire situation revolving around it. Spark had mentioned a simple infection, though it wasn't too far for a paranoid mind like Lynn's to immediately suspect foul play.

And if the genetic imprint was first - her mother, someone she admired greatly, who was to say this 'infection' wouldn't spread. Would there be other victims? And who would be if that was the case? Herself? Sparks, Talos, Jacky, Hati? Was someone targeting the Fenrir clones? She bit her lower lip as she accepted the paper towels her twin sister offered, wiping her chin and hands, before stumbling over to the sink, letting it run. Washing her hands, before splashing her face. Her maimed thumped on the porcelain sink, disfigured fingers clawing at the ceramic. She glanced up, regarding Jacky with a surprisingly vile gaze. "What in good fuck's name is going on?" She hissed with a surprising amount of aggression in her voice.

Rose returned her focus to Sarah, one hand brushing her hair back as the other held a hand.

~~~

"How are you holding up, sir?" Spark asked, squatting down a bit to bring her eyes level with Talos as she leaned against the wall. Locking her leg joints, she carefully glanced back to Lynn, before scanning over Talos. "Better than little sis, I hope."

Lynn's words disturbed her, though she wouldn't show it. Most of the bioweapons she'd seen had been corruption, mutagens, and planet killers. Specific target weapons were only a theoretical possiblility for her, and not one she liked.

Jacky was visibly taken aback a bit by her shorter sister's sudden burst of venom, tensing up slightly before the tall girl's raven brows furrowed and one hand went to Lynn's shoulder, "I... I don't really know... something about Mum crashing a ship~ and having a knife in her thigh~ I wish I knew, Lynn... I wish I knew," Jacky admitted with a sympathetic smile, knowing exactly how the silver-haired Fenrir clone felt albeit her own reaction to the matter was clearly a bit better locked away.

"I promise though~ I find out and you're one of the first to know," she reassured her sister with a small squeeze, a sigh rolling off Jacky's chest as she focused solely on Lynn and the rest of the world faded to a muffled thought - she wished her own hopes were high but Jacky wasn't fond of lying, so just remained quiet for a bit.

David looked across to Neera as he drove, accessing the car's sensors with a small popup in his vision though mostly focusing on the sight of the downtrodden wolf in the passenger's seat, "She's surrounded by loved ones in one of the best hospitals this side of the Kikyo sector and being tended to by the best medical professionals we have~" he began, it was a light grey but a grey answer nonetheless as the Geshrin in the drivers seat cleared his throat to continue speaking.

"We're, of course, hopeful and it wouldn't be for a lack of trying but that is a very real possibility..." he finished, leaning across to peck Neera on the forehead reassuringly before turning back to the road, one hand on her knee.

"Pines don't go down easy, you're a prime example of that, hon - so on the flipside just know she's got the best chance anybody could give her."

“Armora, listen. These feelings, while admittedly, they’re horrible, aren’t wrong. For someone you care about, the way you feel now is perfectly normal. It means you care about another person greatly, as you should in this case...” Aztec said, keeping up the monologue, though he winced at the surprising strength of her grip on his arms.

Harmony let out a small sigh as she continued to sit at the bench and shut her eyes for a moment before she finally stood. Fists clenched and at her side, she could measure her pace to the room in half minutes as she took her time in her walk to the room. Hundreds of things stormed through her head as she stood just outside of the door and waited. After a moment to screw up her courage, a hand reached out to open the door. Yellow eyes peered from around the side of the door as she looked in to make sure everyone was decent and possibly awake, but she walked in when she made sure she wouldn't be in the way and stood a little back from the others. She waited until she was acknowledged, not wanting to stir anything up just then, and from the way she stood there awkwardly in the back of the room, seemed as if she were ready to bolt at a moment's notice.

TALOS
"How honest of answer you want on that Spark? I may seem calm, but I'm running in circle mentally. My family is the only reason I can even stay focused right now. Quite frankly, I don't blame her, I also want answers. However......we have mother to worry about right now. The doctor's prognosis wasn't good..........it's not an outcome I want to accept, but at the same time.....I-I don't know sis." he answered honestly despite asking if he should. The man could hide his feelings with the best of them, but it didn't change the freak out session going on in his head.

ARMORA
The clone couldn't find any words, the ones Aztec spoke making sense, but at the same time seeming out of context. She would have to wait for him to conclude his message. For the moment, Armora was quite and grew still, transfixed on what the equestrian man had to say, ignoring the feeling of something warm that smelled of copper dripping from her nose.

NEERA
As the pair pulled into the parking lot, Neera was very quite, not having said anything since David's assurance. "That's what I thought when Jace died," was the only thing she said before climbing out of the car, continuing once he had gotten out to walk with her, "But sometimes we have to accept the outcomes we don't like. It isn't the first time she's died, why do you think father hates Lazarus so much. We can't save everyone, people we love are going to die eventually, it's best just to prepare for it."

The military, and previous events had made the wolf girl mature beyond her years. Having experienced so much in her short time in this world, she learned to grow up fast and to accept things as they were. When the outcome was inevitable that was, but she was willing to fight destiny if it meant she could change it. You don't piss off wolves, they fight tooth and nail to the end, and where one was followed the pack nearby. In a way despite her civilized state of being, that was still far too true.

JACK
The man ran his hand through his snow white hair from the sheer stress. Jack for once had no idea what to do, and he felt hopeless, which frustrated him to the point of wanting to punch something hard. At first he was lost in his own sporadic thoughts, as his mind desperately searched for answers. A familiar voice brought his attention back however, the sudden presence of family focusing him as he relaxed his demeanor to be more calm appearing. Ah, who was he kidding, he was a wreck inside, but he wanted to stay looking strong. However, he just couldn't, his shoulders sagging as he stopped in the hallway.

Finding nothing but impulse, the man turned around quickly and embraced his daughter, "I'm so sorry Nyx, no one saw this coming. And what's worse is, I have no idea what to do. I feel like I never got enough time to be with mom, and now I might lose the only mother I've ever known. I was alone for years growing up, no family, just a best friend. Then Sarah came along and showed me what I had been missing, and how I could be a better person. I don't want to lose her." He breathed in all but broken voice.

Sarah's Room
Adi fell down and curled up on the floor, crying. She wrapped her tail around herself and brought the end in front of her face, using it to cry into. Adria put her clawed hands on the edge of Sarah's bed, like a begging kitten putting its paws on a chair. "D-don't... don't go... please..." Adria pleaded with her tail hooked around Adi's, as if holding it.

Aztec saw the blood trickling from Armora’s nose, the coppery scent overpowering the sterile scent he usually associated with hospitals in general.
He picked the clone up, cradling her in his arms, she not offering any resistance to him doing so, he carried Armora away from where Sarah lay, finding a nearby empty waiting area. He put her in a chair, grabbing a roll of paper towels off a cleaning cart outside the room.
He pulled off a couple sheets, wiping the blood off her face. “Armora, come on back, girl. Say something, let me know you didn’t break back there!” He said, trying to get some reaction from her.

Seven feet of armored amazon nodded firmly. "I don't like it, either. Look, sir, this is going to cause an international incident either way."

She pushed herself off the wall and an armored hand gently rubbed the back of her head as she looked away. "I also... I kinda feel bad. I was always so defiant of her. Like my hair, dodging any importance I might have held, I just... I... Didn't want to be remembered, I guess. Kinda hard to do that, now."

David offered his partner a frown through the rain as they approached the building, shrugging off his jacket to drape it over Neera's shoulders to give her a bit more protection from the rain, caring little that he would get soaked to the bone in the process as the Geshrin consulted her, "Shit happens, Neer... it's the rough reality of life that you have control over very little but I'm sure if Sarah were in the condition to tell you herself then she wouldn't want you to worry, yes? She'd want you to keep your chin up and hope for the best, not expect the worst - I'm not saying this is going to be something easy to get through but stressing won't do any good for anybody, I love you and I don't want to see you beat yourself up over something you had no part in, alright?" he mused, opening the door for his lupine compatriot to step through, rain dripping down David's hair and beard as a steamy breath left his maw.

With Jack
Nyx saw her father turned, she saw the look on his face, she could tell he was upset and then he embraced her, and immediately she moved her arms around his own as she embraced her father, her audio receptors picked up on his words, she heard the fear in his voice as he spoke. She knew he was worried about Sarah, and honestly, she couldn’t blame him, Sarah was super nice she hoped that she survived, she hoped their technology can save Sarah and keep her safe. “Neither do I,” she said in response as she embraced her father letting him hug her as long as he needed to.

She thought of asking for her father’s permission to go and investigate what had happened, but right now, was probably not a good idea, since he was so emotional, perhaps later.

Lynn kept that particularily vicious gaze on Jacky for several seconds still, before she shook her head. Glancing back at the mirror. She seemed to waver for a moment, lost in thought as her lips pressed into a thin line. Though she exhaled a soft breath after. "Sorry," Lynn murmured softly, pushing herself up to pull Jacky into a hug. Apologetic, but she also just needed to hold Jacky for her own sake.

TALOS
"Spark, you're an idiot for even think you wouldn't be in the beginning. We're your family for christ sakes. You were never going to be forgotten from the beginning. So get that shit out of your head, because we need you. More as a sister, and not as soldier, the part of you that should matter most. We'll get our answers in due time, but leave the politics to those higher upstairs, not out place. Right now we need to be by her side why we still can be.......I just hope we get through this, one way, or another." Talos said with an annoyed shake of the head. As he paused in what he said, he uncharacteristically wrapped his arms around Spark in a hug. "Late sorry, but I needed one."

ARMORA
"Az- My feelings don't matter right now, mother is dying. Who cares, I'm already broken, I just can't fix the problem. F-f-f-f-f-fuck checking me, I-i-i can't.." Armora said as her facial expression and tone of voice swapped around. No one emotion was sticking, uncertain herself of even which were correct anymore. They were all washing over her like a water fall seeking to drown her under it all, unable to process one at a time, much less correctly.

NEERA
"It's hard to when things keep finding a way to beat you in the head to keep your chin in the dirt. I know I sound cynical, but everything goes wrong sooner, or later, and then I haven't been feeling right of late. Like something is always creeping around the corner, as if I can sense when something else is about to crash. I hate feeling this way, and most days seeing my family happy is what keeps me sane. But days like this.....I'm happy I have you to lean on. I imagine I'd be a sobbing mess, curled up in a corner like some scared little girl without you. Thank you David....for being with me, even through all the shit. I know some of it hasn't been easy." The lupine woman responded as they walked to the building, stopping inside, just within the dimly lit reception lobby. It was after hours, so only minimal lighting was on, the front desk sitting empty as well the lobby itself. It was almost eerie with the heavy rain outside, almost giving a horror vid vibe.

JACK
Jack gave her one more squeeze and a soft peck of the lips to her synthetic forehead. "I need...I need to make some arrangements just incase. Talk to some people to see if anything can be done that isn't already being done. You showed stay with your grandmother.......while still able, just incase."

"Yes, your feelings matter, Armora! They always do...." Aztec replied, pulling the Fenrir clone into a hug. "...to me if no one else." he finished, his golden eyes focusing on hers. "Armora, you don't have to deal with this alone, you don't want to, believe me. You have your family, you have me. We can find a way through this, as hard as it seems now, it's possible..."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back