• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Where do diseases go on the Star Wiki?

Fay

I know that most of SARP is immune to most diseases, but I am wondering where I should put this disease for the Azoreans..? Possibly a side effect of first contact with so many species? Some evil plan by some evil scientist? Or just a natural piece of evolution? Who knows? I don't either.. yet. Anywho, anyone have an answer?

Hmm, if it is unique to the Azoreans, I would guess that it should go under their namespace. That's my thought at least.

If it were me, I'd put it at the bottom of the Physiology section. Seem the logical location at least to me.

Thanks, that makes sense. How do you think that a disease wikipage should look? Description/History, Symptoms, Cures (if any), etc?

Also Incubation period, do any people have natural immunity, does it affect young individuals differently than older. Does it have an lasting after effects?

Ah, thanks for the ideas. ^_^ I'll write it up and submit it here soon to see what y'all think.

Nepleslians don't have natural immunities, and don't have blood that can adapt to new biological threats. We could make vaccines and the like, but regular Nepleslians are still susceptible.

Nepleslians don't have natural immunities, and don't have blood that can adapt to new biological threats. We could make vaccines and the like, but regular Nepleslians are still susceptible.

So all Nepleslians essentially have space AIDS? I don't think that is entirely accurate.

Uso said:
So all Nepleslians essentially have space AIDS? I don't think that is entirely accurate.

No, it's not accurate because while they are all Space HIV positive, they don't all necessarily have Space AIDS.

[Paid for by the Space Ad Council]

Space AIDS are so common throughout the Nepleslian population that it isn't considered a disease anymore, and more of an actual part of the Nepleslian body.

In regards to Diseases, could there be a SARP CDC of sorts where all Diseases are posted in on location based on what Faction it's most predominant in?

I am going to take a shot in the dark though and say there will be none for Yamatai yes? If not, could one be bioengineered?

I think diseases would make sense to go under the namespace of the species they affect, for example species:human:herpes

Of course there's no reason to put real-life diseases on the Star Army wiki. We can just interwiki link to the Wikipedia page.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back