• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Which pages on the wiki need art the most?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Star Army has tons of unique and custom artwork, but not all of it is easily visible because it's in places like old character pages, disused factions, or obscure corners of the wiki. Some of our most important pages don't really have art. I'm on a limited budget and there's only so much time I have to make art myself. So I've got to be thoughtful when getting new art to get the most out of it. I'm thinking pages that many people use or see, or stuff to inspire.

I figured I'd ask the Star Army community: What specific pages need illustrations on them the most and why?

I think that having illustrations of commonly visited locations, even if they are just art breeder works is important to help players visualize these places.

Per a discussion in chat and Wes saying the suggestion should be posted regardless of pointing to any specific page, I think that starship interiors need more art. Specifically bridges, where most ship roleplay on the site takes place, and important places like main engineering or medbay. We've got a lot of cool DoGA bridges for gunships and those super neat corridors Wes bought a few years ago, but most of the Star Army's larger ships lack very much interior detailing.

I'd like to see detailed 3/4 cutaways of things like a Fuji-class's bridge, a Sharie Battleship's bridge, and engineering compartments for any ship or starbase. Even PA bays lined with armor racks would be cool and highly useful for RP.

An example that came to mind, which Wes shared a while ago, was stuff like falke2009's bridge interiors.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back