• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Who's the new guy?

Biesecker

Inactive Member
Hello, everyone. I'm not great at introductions, so I'll try to get the basics out there. I'm 25 years old. I'm male, but that means very little to me as far as my personality. I love military sci fi and RP, and this place seems all about that.

My idea right now for a character is a Navy crewman, aboard a capital ship. Not a pilot, and not a marine. I was thinking Nepleslian, for the boxy ships and cybernetics, mostly. I can't think of anything else that would be too important to add, but I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Speaking of questions, I have at least one. Would Nepleslia be good for what I mentioned above? A quick search shows several more ship-based plots in Yamatai. The theme there is a little less interesting to me, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

That's it for now, since I have to get back to work. But I look forward to meeting you all.

Heya! Welcome to the site ^^

For Nepleslia, you'll need @Legix, he's the big man over at Nepleslia, the Faction Manager or FM for short. He's the one that'll be able to help you a lot.

I hope you'll have fun writing here and find what you're looking for!

~<3 IQ

Greetings, traveller! Feel free to join our Discord Server and have a chat with everyone! We don't bite (much) :)

Well, it seems you've found the right site for what you're after xD you'll have a great time here. That's what we're all about.

I'm not sure how many capital ship plots there are in Nepleslia but you can definitely talk to Legix. There are more plots in Yamland, that's true, however I think there's another lack of capitals. There's a huge variety of RP available though, so you'll always find something that catches your fancy ;)

I have a capital ship as part of the fleet plot I run in Yamatai, Task Force Inquisition, however we're moving from a space stage to a planetary assault stage now in the plot so it'll be featured a bit less.

Unless you fancy being part of the command and control crew executing some landing assaults from the capital ship? Perhaps your crewman could run one of the assault craft that will be giving fire support until they return to the capital ship even?

Anyways, welcome and have an awesome time-!
- Ethereal, bird profile pic guy

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

@Ethereal Air supporting a planetary campaign actually does sound pretty interesting. I'll definitely give it some thought. I'm not terribly particular about what faction I go with as long as it's reasonably active and can fit me in a role I'd prefer.

I'll just point out that the 309th consist of a combined arms operation; we're currently divided because the players involved are most of the same, but the effects of one do get applied to the other. This was part of my reasons for using .5 onto the numbers; they essentially happen during or between the main threads.

However; there was a capital ship-based plot I ran called Task Force Farthest Stride. The reason this plot is no longer running is because the players either left, lost interest, or swapped to other plots. If there were a group willing to do it again, of course, I would be more than happy to find someone to run it.

Apart from that, welcome to SARP. If you need any help with Nepleslia, just let me know. I've been rather busy for a while now but things are squaring away mostly.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back