• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Why won't people join the rebels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should I join Nairan? The entire time it has been around it really hasn't done anything notible. The general populace really wouldn't even know of its exsistance. If you want people to join your organisation you will have to make the case for them to join.

Why should we join Nairan?

Reactions: Wes
Well, people who like to demonize the US all the time, and compare every fictional government with a military to the US and imperialism could join. Can pretend to subvert Yamatai on a similar level XD

But the Yamatai goverment does not resemble the US goverment, it is a goverment structure that is more akin to rome's legions or the huns. It actually is a brilliant system, EVERYONE is involved with the military to some degree. As long as there is a 'bad guy' out there to fight the military is needed and people are kept busy. The Yamatai goverment's agressiveness ensures that there will always be someone to fight so the population is always kept busy (Yes, even the OOC player population). Through continuous wars the goverment not only keeps its people under control but justifies its exsistance to them. You aren't like the peace movement of the vietnam era, you are more like the red movement during the cold war or pro-germany elements of world wars one and two. If you want people to join you should have a real reason why they should.

I think you should read the meaning of what I write before gracing us with a definition that was understood in the first palce. I said people who activly try to compare fiction- nevermind. See above.

Made it far more serious than it needed to be. :|

Uso Tasuki said:
If you aren't going to take it seriously then why bother?

(had to borrow this)

1124838033583.jpg

I'm rather of the opinion that Wes has concocted the most near-perfect anime sci-fi analog of 1984 as yet.

A static heirarchial caste model for society wherein the ruling elite need never fear revolution, due to their pervasive police measures, nor even the icy scythe of Death due to the hilarious extent of medical technology. Without even the oversight of nature, there's certainly no reason why they wouldn't view power not as a means but as an end. The pursuit of power is carried out for the sake of more power; they don't need anything else, they just want power because it's there to be had and if they have it and keep it, nobody else does.

For the sake of ensuring that the heirarchy remains static, the underclasses are bent to the goal of near-constant war. There's barely any aspect of YSA society not associated with the military and I'm sure the propoganda engines are at full steam and pumping out scathing demonizations of enemies to distinguish the 'us' versus 'them' philosophy wherein anyone not YSA is someone to be hated.

At first, I thought it was character creator's laziness, but I see now that the YSA have even made useless the traditional bonds of family. What does a character need their parents (if they're even alive in this society of orphans) for? The technology exists to create organisms from the ground up, effectively making procreation 'the natural way' a tedious game of chance when you can 'geneer' (gene + engineer) the perfect offspring, free of genetic instabilities or hinderances. What for does someone need love? A host of biological and simulated beings, tailored to please with the finest knowledge of social sciences, can provide a stable stand-in that even a 'real' relationship would have no hope of ever competing against.

It's absolutely perfect.

O'Brian said it best, really.

O'Brien said:
"Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery is torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress towards more pain. The old civilizations claimed that they were founded on love or justice. Ours is founded upon hatred. In our world there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. Everything else we shall destroy - everything. Already we are breaking down the habits of thought which have survived from before the Revolution. We have cut the links between child and parent, and between man and man, and between man and woman. No one dares trust a wife or a child or a friend any longer. But in the future there will be no wives and no friends. Children will be taken from their mothers at birth, as one takes eggs from a hen. The sex instinct will be eradicated. Procreation will be an annual formality like the renewal of a ration card. We shall abolish the orgasm. Our neurologists are at work upon it now. There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no art, no literature, no science. When we are omnipotent we shall have no more need of science. There will be no distinction between beauty and ugliness. There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always -- do not forget this, Winston -- always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -- for ever."

Only in this case, it'd be a nigh-indestructable catgirl wearing the boot. And they would welcome every coming stroke with an orgasmic glee, for truely they know in their hearts that they live in the best empire to be found.

-The Hanged Man
In dedicato populus ultra articulo mortis

Reactions: Wes
Um... I agree with that completely I just don't think that the SA universe is in danger of the orgasum being abolished. :p

Diver basically said There's no need for revolutionaries, when there would never be a revolution.

99.9% of all characters are in the military. 95% of all them are Nekos. They are all loyal to the empire to the point of suicide, mainly due to it being programed into the neko's skulls, and hardlined into all non-nekos due to the propaganda machine.

There's one secular entity that serves as the government. The Emperor, To hell with the empress who should hold equal power. The Emperor is the be all end all. It's his vote that breaks ties in the senate, which is just a shadow puppet.

Also the entire royal famliy has been one line. Propagated by use fo Nekos and cloning.

Wes basically made the perfect steril society.

What can I say, it was designed to last. I wouldn't call it perfect though. We'll see what happens when the Star Army has to pink slip its nekos by the millions...

Starting to sound like Nepleslia will be the bastion of free will in the universe!

Kinda sucks that we're almost completely anarchistic. A strange opposite to Yamatai on a lot of fronts, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back