• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Wiki Cleanup in 3 Weeks - Orphan Pages

As a reminder, the wiki has certain Criteria for Article Deletion which include:
  • WIP articles over a year old (abandoned)
  • Articles no other pages link to (orphan pages)
As of this writing, the List of Orphan Pages is at 270 entries and I'd like to get it back to zero.

The only time-efficient way for me to do this is by simply deleting them all, and I plan to do that. So this is your warning, if some of these pages are something you care about, please ensure that there's regular links on other articles pointing to those articles.
  • Link to characters from your wiki user page and from any plots they're in.
I plan to purge the orphan articles at the end of the month so please look over this list and get these pages linked if needed.

Additionally, any unused media files (e.g. images) are subject to deletion at any time without notice.

I'm going with: wiki articles that haven't been actively worked on (e.g. contributing edits count, while bulk typo fixes and link updates by the move plugin don't) in a year or whose author isn't an active member anymore, or anything that's basically just an empty template or a header with no content.

The nepleslian sidebar I will be linking to something (like the faction page), so please omit that.

As well as the Stiletto/switchblade article for nepleslia, Ive been very busy as of late and haven't been able to work on that page but its still something I will be finishing at some point. (especially since nepland needs new EVERYTHING like fighters~)

The Pathfinder is a new wip: but ill mention it because you did say you wanted to clear it back to zero and im going to get it done as soon as I can.

ALSO! since it was mentioned on the discord, @Wes . Andrew has a couple if not more stuff on that list and cant really take care of it at the moment for some kind of medical reason (He stubbed his toe or something~). I don't know the specifics of what all he has tho.

Yeah, technical pages like the sidebar will not be affected.

I understand with the Andrew situation and will leave his stuff.

Reminder that I'm about to start removing orphan wiki pages imminently.

@SirSkully https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:cheylarus_decker - no clue what plot she's in.

@HarperMadi https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:npc:spark - I don't know whether spark has a full PC page or if you're still using the NPC page.

I've linked both the above, plus https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:straya to my own profile page (as well as Straya to the firebrand plot) - please exempt from deleting these. Sorry I haven't fixed these particular links sooner.

Down to 189...making progress.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back