• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Wiki: Let starships be locations

hyralt

At a glance, it looks like the starship: namespace is not included in the namespaces that are locations, since I don't see the location struct fields on the Bastion of Winter. But stararmy:starships: does have the location struct fields, since I can see them on the Resurgence of Yamatai.

Could we add the location struct fields to the starship: namespace? Please and thank you. :)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Based on Wes’ announcement, I guess some were in the starship namespace and others were in starships.

I don't see Wes' announcement, would you relay it?

Personally I consider starships to not be locations. A starbase maybe as it's relatively stationary. But a starship is constantly moving locations. I don't see it logically fitting into location as it's not in a particular position or place for long AND because it's already able to be a plot on the wiki, too. Does one type of wiki need a third namespace it can be in? Don't mind me rubbing my two cents together, though, if you're dedicated to it.

I've implemented the suggestion. You can move your starship around on the map by updating its struct fields.
I don't see Wes' announcement, would you relay it?

Personally I consider starships to not be locations. A starbase maybe as it's relatively stationary. But a starship is constantly moving locations. I don't see it logically fitting into location as it's not in a particular position or place for long AND because it's already able to be a plot on the wiki, too. Does one type of wiki need a third namespace it can be in? Don't mind me rubbing my two cents together, though, if you're dedicated to it.
Yeah, but if you don't have it as a location then you can't assign a character to that location when it's in the middle of space.

Yeah the cost/benefit weighs out to that being really cool if you can move them around on the map. Rad!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back