• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Wiki Namespace Updates (WIP: and Corp:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Due to businesses and other groups kind of taking over the top level namespaces, I'm going to implement a new namespace called corp: that is for any corporations, businesses, and similar groups that are going to have their own pages for products and such. I will be moving any business entity in the root namespace into this new corp: namespace. Alternate option: You can also put a business in its parent faction's namespace, like yamatai:tamahagane_corporation - this is okay too.

Also, thank you to those of you who have been using the WIP namespace set up for WIP articles. This namespace is for works in prgress and the pages should only be edited when you have the WIP author's permisson (with the excepton of spelling, grammar, and broken link fixing). All WIPs should go in the WIP namespace. At some point, I will start deleting WIPs that are not in the WIP namespace. So we're all on the same page, I should set a date and that date will be June 1st, 2016 (giving you guys over 3 months). To move a page to the WIP namespace, message me and I'll move it for you (when I move things using the move plugin, it automatically updates all backlinks to the moved page so this is better).

Could you give us advanced notice before you delete or alter something? I'd rather not lose something that I intended to keep.

Could you give us advanced notice before you delete or alter something? I'd rather not lose something that I intended to keep.
So we're all on the same page, I should set a date and that date will be June 1st, 2016 (giving you guys over 3 months).
That seems like pretty clear notice ... if you haven't lost your stuff after said date, I'd wager you're lucky.

Well, I can start now, but I don't want to miss an article by accident and find out it's gone later.

This is going to break a whole lot of links I've got that link to Origin Industries...

Yeah. You can link to something in it with [[wip:some_article_name]].

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back