• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission WITHDRAWN Whisker Sensor Drones DRv3

Yuuki

Wiki-chan! Ganbatte yo!
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:origin:whiskers
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
@Kai @Syaoran

I can't find an approval thread on these but I think they're Syaoran's creation. There's no DR listed, but by their size they would be Tier 6, and their Speed of .45c indicates they're Unarmored.

Tier 5 (Medium Armor)

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Maybe a T3 or T4 base, due to their original size? They start as a ~2m long projectile and then extend their wings. It makes me think the wings wouldn't have much in the way of structural reinforcement. The lack of self defense systems, etc, make me think it'd be right to have these be a bit more fragile. They seem less resilient than a Mindy, which is the T4 example.

My recommendation would be a T4 base with a T3 DRv3 rating, but I'm curious what Kai/Syaoran has to say.

Last edited:
I didn't even know these existed! lol. I'd say T3 is probably appropriate, they're not meant for combat, but rather exploration and data-gathering.

Yeah the Mitsu could use a Whisker launcher too.
Ok so Tier 3.

The Whiskers were approved a while back with the Assayer itself if I remember right. As at the time they were simply aux drone that was just part of the sensor system of the ship. I'm glad people are interested in them though, but yeah they are totally noncombat drones. They are essentially only called drones instead of 'probes' because of they posses much more refined maneuverability and self preservation.

But yeah super week, T4 I would say though is probably better than 3, but of course lacking shields (so all in all a PA is still tougher than it)

I'm good at either Tier, given the lack of shielding. @ me when the article has been updated and I'll stamp it as early as tomorrow evening.

I think not putting a DR is probably good, citing the "DR is optional for noncombat drones". Submission withdrawn.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back