• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Women of The Times

Jack Pine

This JP takes place IC over the span of the last 2 years(YE39-YE41), following the growing friendship of Alice Casdan, a renowned general of today's NDC, and Sareash, a Elysian who is now an agent with Internal Security Division of the NDC government.
@RaWolfe - Sareash

Osman, height of Section 6 growth.....

Alice Casdan stood by in the new dress uniform, the design well thought out and comfortable at least to her, the environmental body glove under the formal wear more to what the ex-Shosa was used to. With suited hands, she adjusted it slightly while waiting for the lift to stop. Once it did, she was crossing the terminal towards the docks of Howard station, the sight of a Broadsword cruiser outside with an all black hull and S6 emblem filling her with pride. They may have handed them the ships, but it felt good they did, even if surprising on how easily the request had been granted.

But that was the last thought that needed to be on Alice's mind while on duty, after all, she was here to make sure the crew and SABER compliment boarded her new ship with no problems. And as she stopped next to the airlock of the umbilical transition, watching them walk aboard down the long umbilical corridor, it felt strange.

Being assigned towards the Section 6 was a honor and Sareash was not really honored to be here. Yes, it pleased her to be in such ranks and finally see some action. But her drive was to seek answers, it was her reason to join Section 6, who else could have the military might to get the answers she required about her past. Sareash was, however, assigned to be under the command of a certain Alice Casdan at a SABER operation. She had no idea who this person was or what her duties specifically were. She was specialized, of course in certain combat styles and getting justice the right or...well wrong way.

Looking around at the airlock, she took a deep breath and stretch one wing as it hits someone she retracts it "Sorry, it happened.." The man shrugs that had some feathers in his face and walked on. Sareash shrugs and shook her head "Pleasant lads here..." She mutters.

"Please keep wings close to the body when aboard a spacecraft, confined spaces are not very wing friendly. It's also to prevent your sensitive wings from groping up on others, which can be distracting." Alice said to the woman standing before the umbilical entrance. She fixed deep silver eyes on the Caelisolan, a mix of analysis and curiousity in them, "I am the captain of this vessel, please board quickly so we can get underway for the test run."

The Captain? Mmm Sareash was analysing back but made no facial expression about it “Pleasure to meet you Captain, it is a honor to be here. My name is Sareash Cathetel and i be serving on this vessel per accords of Section 6 regulations“ She gave her a formal, but short nod as more people entered the ship she took a deep breath “I shall take note of my wings, my sincere apology“

"Just make sure they aren't a hinderence, I need everyone at their best today. The new ships need a shake down run, and we want to make a good impression on the commander." Alice offered curtly before walking as well, now that most were aboard. "Departure is imminent Miss Cathetel, I would suggest you make haste to your station."

The U shaped cruiser sat in the void, latched on by clamps and strut that held it to the station, the umbilical bringing its life force that was the crew. It was a odd design of ship, the captain maybe not really agreeing with the design. It was more spread out, and less compact then usual military ship designs. Looking up through the skylight view ports, it was still an impressive ship however.

After dropping her gear at the designated area that was going to be her new bunk, she had finally arrived at the bridge. Looking around, she noticed the indifference of people around her, different species, but same in uniform. It made her slightly smile as she continues to her position taking it over from a junior officer. Sareash looked at the incoming information and nods slightly to herself as she slides her fingers over the console.

”Captain, all systems on security front is in the green, weapons are active and testing of its arm readiness looks good. I see some shift changes in regards of patrols on the ship, but nothing that will hold us here” She states tapping on some mails.

"Good, now comms, get our departure clearance. Helm prepare to undock and make way at heading of 60 degrees lateral, and 34 degrees horizontal." The captain commanded with authority, the old yamataian officer spirit showing. Pressing a key on her arm rest for a comm line, she continued to give orders, "Engineering, make sure engines, drive, and thrust are green. Get it hot and going so we can make our departure on time."

Voices could be heard feintly through the comms station, the thrum picking up through the deck as the engines spooled, and navigation overlays having popped up over the pilot's view screen. With a nod of approval, Casdan turned to Sareash, "Security, get the patrols lined out as soon as possible. It may be minor, but everything goes in my report to Commander Pine."

Hearing the Captain, Sareash was getting fond of her way of commanding the ship. It was structured, well ordered and everyone knew what they needed to do. Sareash however a step ahead “Already getting security sorted, patrols are sorted and adapted to the new schedul. I’m letting the lead of patrols keep the order of their shift”

"Outstanding, now let's ensure the rest of operations is in order." Alice replied with a nod before turning at the comm officer's announcement that departure was cleared. As if in acknowledgement, the struts and clamps released with a shudder, the ship suddenly floating free. "Make way when ready, course is set, and we know our goals. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the new Section 6 fleet division. Let's show the commander that it was worth the effort."

The ship hummed more as the ship began to move, the view moving away from the station as they set out. It would be the maiden voyage that lead to more, and soon after, the construction of their own ships.....

Months later...

Alice sat in her chair at HQ, staring at the feed in disbelief, watching as the neighborhood outside the base burned. For once grief and fear showed on her face for once, the stalwart general having lost her impenetrable exterior in this moment. Even more so, as the footage moved to what remained of the Commander's residence. "This can't be happening." was the only thing she could whisper.

The attack had been at least at first quiet, before turning into a raging battle within their own territory, the casualties shocking. More then a few were dead, Jack's pregnant sister, a close friend of Alice's among them. The commander was now inbound from the crash of his U2a, only barely cinging to critical condition. General Jay Nagato was still giving orders, having been the one on duty tonight, and good too give the Gesherins dazed state of mind.

Walking into the room as Sareash came to a halt at Alice desk "You required my attention sir?" She looked a bit around the room and noticed that there was no respond to her hail. She narrowed her eyes a bit "Sir? I've chimmed a few times on the door and you didn't respond so I hope you didn't mind me entering without proper permission?" Sareah then saw the expression on Alice face and it was a first time for her to see this person, this hero to look like that "Well, even the strongest breaks..." She mutters to herself.

"We've failed today, in the most horrid way possible. Our leader is clinging to life, his son was taken, civilians are dead, and technology was stolen. Combined with the property damage, this is not acceptable in the least. And Sarah.......by the goddess.....she's dead. She was pregnant with twins." Alice finally said in answer, although the responce came out weak and distant. A hand went to her face to wipe away the moisture she hadn't realized was there at first, or even felt in a long time.

"The price of war, battle, revenge or anything related to endure pain and suffering to each other" Sareash replied with a bit of a roll in her eyes as she bites her lower lip and thinks "I am sorry for your loss in these times that are difficult for everyone. We were hit bad, we saw the ugly side of society and what can we do? Nothing sir, we have to cry, we have to bleed and when we are done with that? We stand up...we stand up and guide ourselves to new formed ideas, new ways and new destinations" Sareash was not really good at ....this emotional stuff as she never experienced or shared her own emotions in any regards.

She looked at Alice "So do you require time to let it all out? Because there is no shame in doing so....it is a process that everyone has to go through. Cry, Scream, Be Angry and when you are done...what shall you do then?" Sareash tilted her head to the side waiting for an answer.

"I've already seen the ugly side Cathetel. I fought through 6 wars for an empire who's responsible for three genocides. I'm 41 years old and never once questioned my duty before the day I left that place. I had no where to go and no skills other then being a soldier, yet that man gave me a place. At first I thought he was a crazed fool when he proposed the idea for this organization. But then I understood he had seen what I have seen, and the determination of why he chose this." she began, a anger tinged to her voice like venom that wasn't directed at the elysian.

Finally she turned around in her chair, a fire now in those silver eyes, "I will cry for the dead, and I will mourn, but I will not some filth ruin those ideas. Instead I will show them all the will that is behind it as our forces take their gates, their bases, and leave nothing vengful ash. We may be striving for peace, but they forget the soldiers fighting to get there. Corruption has gone on long enough, and will be removed like the infection it is." Her words were somehow still calm and leveled, yet full of fury and determination, the glass doll that had been glimpsed beneath the exterior only hardening.

“Good” was the simple yet determined reaction of Sareash as she calmly looked at her Commanding Officer “That means you are half way there, you set a goal for yourself, yet the path you just set is a path you require to walk“ it did make Alice interesting that by triggering the right words it receives a proper response. Sareash looked outside “I suspect that this is merely the beginning of a long journey, what you or I have seen is what shapes the future of our people“

"I have no doubt that many more will be lost along the way, but even more will follow that goal as well. There is no telling where it will lead, but it's up to us to decide as we go. First things first," Alice said with a solemn nod, the glare still present, "Cathetel, I need you to handle drafting plans to improve security. Specifically, I want the airspace locked down from now on, and security personnel posted through out the base and neighborhood from now on I don't care if more need to be hired, it needs to be done. I suspect a perimeter wall would also be prudent."

Narrowing her eyes a bit “That is no little request and some might mark it as madness. But...” Sareash waved her hand gently “I figured that with everything going on out there it is a proper response“ She tooka deep breath “I shall draft up the ideas and pass them along your desk within the hour. Airspace might be a challenge, but nothing section 6 can’t handle I guess. I will draft up a temporary specialized team out hand picked by myself to get troublemakers off the streets” Sareash noticed that she was rambling on and snaps back to attention “Anything you desire of me sir?”

"It's not hard at all, park a frigate over the base. Post U2 variable mechs around interval points of the perimeter. That would be the wisest start, we need to show the people we will take this and learn, and stand stronger for it. I'm asking you to do this so I that may clear my thoughts, and perform my duties as expect of me without fault in line of thought." Even as the emotions began to fade, the training was coming back, the general returning to being just the general, the woman buried under the experience of 4 decades.

Giving a short nod to that as Sareash wanted to leave, “I shall inform an armed frigate to get into posit and see to it that a fitting mech platoon is stationed immediately.“ She salute briefly, “I will tend to your burdens right now.” She walks towards the door as she stops for a bit and looked over her shoulder, “Sir, do let that emotion out, it helps with clearing the mind.” Her wing covered her face as she made her exit.

There would be no response as the woman left, the tears only resuming after the door closed as the facade had no need again. Why was she crying damnit, they had ST technology, yet not every life could be replaced The pain of the loss of children yet even born, still being felt as it would be by the mother unfortunate to live with that loss.

Half year later....

General Casdan stood in her Revenant power armor atop the wall in line with many others, watching over the rioting crowd below. Behind the polarized visor she frowned, not at all finding the antics of the local corporation amusing. Ever since the bank failed in their job, and manipulating the system to fail so they could pull of their economic power play, the populace of the planet had been pointed to Section 6 as the cause. They had been made the scapegoat, and now they were faced with the possibility of facing civilians.

Jack stood just a ways down, above the main gate without even armor on, not flinching as things were thrown and threats shouted. A hand could be seen moving to his ear piece, "Remember, no firing on civilians. If they come at any personnel with hostile intent, only then is it safeties off. But use stun rounds to subdue anyone trying to climb the wall, or moving towards the gate."

Alice clicked her mic twice in acknowledgement, before checking the magazine of shock gel rounds loaded into her Sickle bulpup carbine. "You heard the commander, we have our orders. Anyone who breaks them is getting shot for murder." she stated firmly to those under her command.

So much had happened in just a few months and yet here they stood. Sareash was in her armor, rather uncomfortable as her wings were, well not taken into account for these armor suits. It was a good reminder to slap the logistic officer to get her a better suit. On the other side it kept her focus, weird right? pain would drive a person focus to its limit. Sareash clicked her rifle and looked at the walls “Duly noted...”

The general looked again as a shuttle landed marked as FMS owned, and as Jack stepped down to the landing area to start arguing with the people who emerged. A U2 stood to either side, rifles trained on it, so she wasn't too worried. She did feel wrong as the arguement turned to discussion, then as troopers loaded into the shuttles with Jack along as well. "What the hell is he doing?" she questioned quietly as the shuttle took off, a message sent as it did to stick to previous orders.

The clank below brought her back to attention, a civilian in impulse power armor have leapt onto the wall in an attempt to scale it. She cursed as the stun rounds wouldn't work on that. Drwing the P1 one, she aimed over the side before shouting commands, "Get down immediately, OR YOU WILL BE FIRED UPON."

Seeing the whole ordeal happening from her side, Sareash choose to focus on the wall and keep the loud civilians in check. Taking aim at the civilian as she noticed at her right side another person trying to climb the wall and she quickly changed directio “They are testing us” She mutters and aimed as she saw the person not backing off she quickly aimed above the person and shoots a preventative shot, quickly aims back at the man that was shocked by the missed shot.

Alice decided it was better to show they were serious, and aimed with the aid of the slope of the wall to fire off three carefully aimed shots. Two hit their mark on the back unit of the impulse, killing it's power source, before tracking over to the other. "Aim for the back if you can. Punch the back unit and just becomes dead weight."

Without waiting Sareash took lead at her view and started to fire at those that had their power suits on. Specifically their power source. Those without suits got a warning shot near them, the ground, the wall to push them back. Slowly the side was being pushed back and yet Sareash knew that she was getting herself into a dangerous position with taking so forward stand in it.

Alice was only beginning to look for more when a rock was thrown for her helmet, the toss having to have been done by someone in one of the armors below. It sparked off the casing as spider webs of cracks spread across the false visor. It lost power on the climb in height, but it was still enough to turn her head and knock her back. She gave a hard grunt as she hit the guard rail behind her, a short burst from the rifle of the trooper next to her, taking the thrower down with shock rounds.

The outer layer was shattered, no longer projecting the false view of a unpolarized visor to show her face. Dented armor plate lay underneath, a few bits of electonic sparking between. She was silent for a long moment as she slid against the bars to the deck of the catwalk they stood on.

"Still with us Alice!" Sareash said on a more personal note that most likely let some folks blink as she kept firing her rifle selective towards the incoming waves. She was holding her line and yet after all this time and all these talks, she began to worry about the silence of Alice and looked in her direction seeinng her just slid against the bars towards the deck of the catwalk "ALICE! Secure area around the Commander now!" But at that same moment and with her distance from the group she didn't pay attention to the civilians in suits climbing the wall and taking an aim at her.

One hit against her shoulder as she turned around getting slammed another shot against her poor armored suit. Sareash tried to aim yet it was off and time was not in her favor another hit damaged her suit severly and she rolled back. Trying to push herself upwards she looked upwards seeing that some were giving her cover fire but an explosive round was shot and hit her armor as she gets pushed away drasticly to the side into some metal bars and coming to a stop at the building not moving.

The general sat slumped, the impact still having very much been felt inside, as well as the blast of concussive force from the grenade, fragments igniing shields. The rocks had just been slow enough not to trigger the shields, same for the lobbed grenade. The explosive had caused damage to the catwalk, the metal groaning as the structure strained to support the loss in integrity. The fascinings of the section Alice sat immobile on rocked and buckled, bolts snapping as it dipped in nearing of collapse. It wasn't a long way down, about 25 feet, survivable in power armor. But the section of catwalk coming down too would prove a very iffy variable to that theory.

Flashes of memories, fade and unclear voices came through Sareash head as she slowly opens her eyes seeing that gravity was a bitch. The damage was great to her armor, yet she could still move. Thought the warning signs were going to get annoying in her eye view, but she shook her head a few times as she rose up slowly "Cathetel! The general!" She looked up seeing that the men were trying to get to her but needed to do cover fire also "It is going to collapse!" Sareash eyes went bigger as she does every power she still had in her suit and fired off her thrust upwards. Yet the suit was damaged so the thrust didn't fully work and she slammed a few times against the wall but with some luck she hits the catwalk and pulled herself up. Hearing the bullets passing her armor and some hitting it, she drops to the catwalk and took a short breather.

Getting up, this suit was done for...it had been damage quite severly and walking in it was getting difficult by the minute she stayed in it. Sareash could feel the blood of her head going down her face. She pushed herself up once again, Sareash walked to the General suit and grabs it, hearing the cracks of the catwalk "Oh fuck..." She puts with all her power in the suit onto shoulder support and carefully walked to safety. Yet, of course, the civilians kept firing and it was slowly pissing Sareash off "For damn sake, go home and bug someone else...." She felt her suit getting hit a few times and finally reached safety as Sareash placed her onto the ground "General?! Can you hear me?"

There was no answer at first, the blow possibly being worse then thought, certainly there was a severe risk of concussion present from the dent and damage done to her helmet. The lifesigns read by Sareash's HUD were still present and only just dipped into the yellow range, but more detail would not be present unless the helmet was removed.

Looking at the status of the lifesigns reading on her HUD, Sareash looked at her side to the civilians that were finally in control at the wall and backing off. She shrugs and looked at the others "Keep them in check, fire shockers if they cross again, no excuse! Orders stay in effect, shooting with real bullets is considered murder. Do I make myself clear!" She hears the whole team going aye to her "Get me a medic!" With a click on the side of her helmet she removed her own as now they could see that she had an head injury, but Sareash little to not care about it. She removed the helmet of Alice slowly to see the damage.

The helmet gave a hiss and click as the seal was disengaged, the armored shell pulled away to reveal Alice's face. Blood ran down her face from a gash in the temple, turning some of her long solver locks a lighter crimson. Her eyes were half lidded, now squinting feintly from the re-introduction to sunlight as the haze was only beginning to clear. Being semi-conscious, they looked to the blurred figure over them, "Emrajish, I-I cun still..." she said half mumbled and slightly slurred from her current state with a light groan.

"No Alice, you are staying right where you are, I got things under control for now" Sareash looked at her side and noticed that the men were still keeping the area in check. A shot was fired here and there to keep the crowd in check "Where is that medic!" She heard a reaction that he was on his way, but was tending someone else and simply nodded while looking back at Alice "Everything is in control, we got the situation for now under control"

The gesherin rolled her head for a moment to move the blood moistened hair from being in the way of her eye. Blinking a few times she fixed her with a confused stare, "Did ya, shout ma name urlier?" Her speech was clearing up at least which was a very good sign, and the daze was starting to lessen. It meant she at least was not looking at anything too severe.

Realizing that she did actually shouted out her commanding officer name and shrugs looking away "Does it really matter, I mean you are now okay are you not?" Sareash tried to avoid the topic by stating her commanding officer health was of upmost importance, rather then shouting some name. Maybe she was losing her edge in this business, maybe she needed to distance herself from this group of people to detach herself from any feelings of friendship she might have. But Sareash was cruious, what this feeling of comfort was and why she actually did act on impulse.

"Because, dien alone is not sumthing you want, or to be forgotten, or only known as that soldier. This isun't just a job, ur a duty Sareash. It's going to bite you in the ass later. Now where is that medic ugh, my head is pounding like a Nepleslian gay bar." Alice stated as she finally cleared the last of her slurr, having grabbed Sareash by the chest plate, not caring her fingers were now wedged between the inner padding and the Elysian's chest.

She didn't react to the sudden grab of her General at her breast and actually stayed stiff looking at the other side wondering where that Medic was, but she felt a blush on her skin and blinks a bit "Mmm, General I can excuse this as an accidental thing that defines your position you are right in now. But...your hand" Sareash shrugs a bit feeling the warmt of Alice hand and looked from her eye corner to her General with shyness in her eyes "Medic is in view..."

The general blinked as if she had spoken some alien language, then looked down at where her hand was. She wiggled her fingers to feel the material, "Huh, why did I think I was grabbing your shoulder?" The hand was quickly retracted as the realization sank in, a slight pinkness admittedly creeping in, "But right, excuse the miss step Miss Cathetel."

As the medic finally drew closer, Alice picked up the helmet to see the damage done to the helmet. Setting it aside as the medic kneeled down to do his work, Alice did as requested, letting them do what was needed. The riots would go on for a few more hours until Jack returned, and FMS mopped up the instigators. But it wouldn't be nightfall until all was quiet again, troops and mechs leaving the wall to return to base.

As Alice and Sareash did so as well, the general thought about that interaction.

The months continued on afterwards, work going as usual, things almost seeming peaceful. But the state of the OSO, further and further fell apart albeit slowly. Eventually the higher ups decided it was time to leave. That fateful day, they were attacked, people taken, and comrades dead. In the end, they got out, and their fleet was off to where ever a new home could be found.

Alice however, stood in the hangar, dressed in preparation for the funeral that would be coming soon. Caskets were sat out in rows before her, lined up neatly with a flag folded atop each lid. Most were civilians, 80 in total, but she stood before the 5 alone marked as military. A forged metal emblem for those of the SABER forces pressed into each. There was one in particular she lingered on though, staring down at the man now laying cold within, the damge patched to make the body presentable for the service that would be held.

"Damnit Ro, you always were a loud mouth, but I never wanted you to shut up like this." she mumbled under breath. Pulling a photo from her dress coat, it was gently slid under his hands which sat crossed in an at rest position. The image was of Alice, the man in the casket, Jack, and three others outside a old rugged warehouse with an early S6 flag on it.

Months have past, people have changed, people had died and this was for Sareash the reality check. She knew that this would happen, people are born, grow up and die. Thought these funerals are not her thing, she felt obligated to be present as a moral support towards Jack and of course Alice in this time of grievance and pain. Alice and Sareash have grown closer to each other and starting to use their first names in non duty activities as Sareash always showed her military duties up front from her friends status. This was simply how Sareash is. Sareash was sitting there actually in some civilian clothing, black jacket, white shirt, dark blue jeans with her black wings retracted yet beautiful and well cared for "You okay?" She asked Alice.

"Yes and no. I'm used to people dying by now, but there are still a few that hit home. There are few men I respect, even fewer that I called friends. Rorik was a cocky son of a bitch, but he was a respectable one. We fought together since this organization was founded, and I know he wanted most of all to see where we were fighting to go. He did it for his younger brother Thatch, and it adds to know that he won't get to see the fine soldier Thatch is becoming, or the home he wanted to give him. I just need a moment, then I'll be good." Alice answered with a solemn dip of the head.

An this was something Sareash was not good at. She did understand why it happened, why people feel this emotion rollercoaster. But in the end it would't change the reality of life, people die and thats all to it. Yet in her time since she woke up, she tried to understand the whole idea of logical thinking in regards of emotion. Yes, Sareash was not emotionless, but felt that she was missing out on things "Do we get what we deserve..." She suddenly mutter to herself and shrugs "I never experience death in this fashion, yes people died around me. But I always stayed distance from people in this regard. I don't know how it is to miss people, I don't know what happened in my past to link it to something emotional. I mean, would you grieve for me Alice?"

There was a quick swish of fabric as Sareash would find herself hugged by the larger woman, "Of course I would, you're one of the few friends I have. I respect you, and admire you as a person, not to mention your service record. What we deserve is subjective, as life, fate, whatever you want to call it. It isn't fair, he didn't deserve to die mowed down like a dog, or these people who didn't even know what was coming. I hope I never have to see you in a casket."

Feeling the warmt of Alice hugging her made Sareash blink and tried to understand why Alice was doing it. But it made some sense as Alice explained herself or the logic behind her thinking and feeling this way "Eventually we have to see one or another in a casket..." She pointed out, but shrugs afterwards "But...I guess it shouldnt end for either of us anytime soon" Sareash corrected herself and nods soft to her own statement "But thank you for your kind words, I do consider you as a friend as well. Thought I don't have many friends" She looked at the casket and blinks "Death is but a beginning, some religions state...a reborn of something new or a new journey to start. What kind of journey would Rorik start?"

"Hopefully one better then the one he's left. Preferably one without desert, I think he'd like that. In the Star Army, the only rebirth was to be brought back, only to fight all over again. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed dead, but I almost believe maybe it wasn't so bad now, because of the people I've met here making it worth it." the general answered with another squeeze before gently letting go, to righten herself now that the outburst was out of her system.

Nodding to that "Makes sense that memories are worth fighting for, but it is the very same thing to keep. If we forget what we have seen, what we have felt, what we have shared then would our personality be no different to a robotic being? We are able to share things, even thought I am still learning to get my mind correctly formed and trying to find answers of who I am or was in my past, I share to those I find caring for" Sareash suddenly sounded experience.

"You're getting there, even if not wanting to admit it. I still remember that day on the wall when you surprisingly called my name. It was enough to pull me out of the daze." Alice gave with a small chuckle that was only stifled by her sad expression. "I'm sure you'll remember some day, or better yet, make new memories until then. Either way, you'll always be you."

”You are not going to let that go are you?” Sareash spoke with a slight roll of her eyes “Like that memo is linked to another cert event where you misplaced your hand” Sareash rose an eyebrow at Alice “I still can use that as blackmail on you General“ She slightly showed a grin but stayed neutral on her emotions as it was not the setting or place to laugh. She looked around to see how many people were present at this funeral.

"Oh noooo, I touched a girl's boobs," she said jokingly before turning back to the remains of Rorik, "He got away with worse, and besides, it was soft. A nice hand full to hold onto to steady myself. He did similar, but with my rear instead, still don't believe it was entirely an "accident" as he put it."

Giving a slam with her fist against Alice shoulder "Stop it..." She felt flustered by the whole ordeal and hearing her explain in great detail made her more shy "Well I didn't know the man myself, had no real experiencce with him in regards of that area" Sareash lowered her hand and placed it on her lap looking at the casket "I guess everyone has a story to tell and memories to remember" Sareash sighs a bit.

Alice looked down, "Sometimes I wish I didn't, particulary the 20 years following my 20th birthday.......I hate war, I hate emoires and their need to conquer, and I hate needless death. I'm approaching the age of 43, and will live for another 107 years, yet with all that I've seen, I know I will only see more in the future. That centruy left now seems like a curse."

At first Sareash didn’t look at her and just stared bluntly at the casket, but then words started to roll out “War is but a mere tool to add up to someone’s greed and lust in their endless desire for power” Then she looked back at Alice “but that is the ethical difference in this group of people, we fight because we have no other option“ She gave a soft smile “You be never alone Alice, as I will be at your side”

The tall woman turned to Sareash and slowly gave her a hug, "Thank you, I just want to stop doing this, stop attending funerals. But I know if I did, there would be many more because I stood by and did nothing to prevent them. The empire treated death as nothing more then a setback, here it is the end, and so much more real."

Looking at Alice getting a graps of the situation "It is good to let out your feelings Alice, nothing wrong with that... But if we continue our part of the bargain then there is indeed a lower number of death and less of these uncomfortable funerals" Sareash was not really references to the funerals in general, just the formal clothing that forced her to wear at these sad events that she rather and truthfully avoided all together "By the way...how long does this funeral going to last." She whispers

"One hour," she whispered back to the angel in her sad embrace, "I know, but I just hope this calms down sooner, rather then later." After a minute, the amazonian of a Geshrin, finally let go of her friend, "We should probably find a seat, they'll be starting soon."

The funeral soon passed along in its solemn way, as well as the months to follow. A year passed, the engagements since much smaller, but none the less costly. Even so, the NDC expanded and grew, taking in refugees from all over as the Kuvexian war waged on with Yamatai and the Kuvies. But this did not mean the NDC did not have its own enemies, including one that seemed to know too much about how they operated, and seemed content to wage a casual shadow war against the young nation.

It would be a night of fear known as the "Night of the Reaper", which would leave many dead, most of which being important figures in the government and royal family. Alice herself found herself nearly a victim as the attack waged on into the pitched dark early morning hours. After bringing men to help protect Lord Pine, his daughter Nyx, and his wife Lady Isabelle, Alice would be struck aside by a lumbering mechanical foe in her efforts. An explosive device peppered and sprayed her armor in fragments and explosive caused fire, leaving her unconscious from the blast as she had been kicked aside.

The armor yet again had saved her live, and much as before the exterior of it ruined and charred. As the sun crested the wall, casting shadows over the city, and as the smoke could be seen rising in scarce columns, the general awoke. As the haze cleared her head, light bleeding in through the shattered visor of optics, electronics, and armor brought her to focus. With a slight struggle, the helmet was shed, the tall woman standing to take in her surroundings. Unsure what to do, or where to go, the irrigation channel offered an easy answer.

It fed water from the ocean that went through purifiers and filters, then flowed towards the park that was the city's center. There it would water the luscious greenery that made the park such a beautiful center piece to the ever growing capital. With a shuffled gate to her walk, Alice casdan followed the channel towards the center of Obsidian, her pace making the trip last more then an hour of walking as it drew closer. As the channel ran under the street, and thus the park, she took a seat to lean against the wall of the tunnel. Just inside the entrance of, she rested, a ladder just around the corner to climb up to the street when she had the energy again. The channel running between the government and market district as a sort of dividing border between the two, was completely open above save where the road crossed over it.

So Alice looked to the morning sky, taking in the clouds as her weary body waited to recover some semblence of strength again. This sadly did not take away from the numerous wounds she had minor bleeding from, thin crimson trails leading to drips scattered across the surface of the armor, making the resting process slower.

The night was something Sareash never would ever forget, something that marked her for the rest of her life and she had to fight on her own. While she was in the present of many other NDC soldiers, brave soldiers that either made it through that night or simply didn't. But on her mind was one thing, one person and that was Alice. She was worried about her best friend condition, her friend that fought most likely through this wicked night and she knew that Alice fought with every fiber in her body. Heck, Sareash expected nothing less from her as she finally found her "Hey stranger..." She sotly spoke, relax and yet tense at the same time. Sareash had small wounds everywhere, her wings were not in the greatest shape and she had ripped clothing, mostly looking tired, exausted of the fighting that had happened.

The sun was higher in the sky now, a figure she very well recognised looking down at the general. She must have passed out she thought, and Sareash had found her in her shaky rest. With a shudder she smiled, the bleeding having stopped, but having lost enough to effect her body's circulation. "Ash, kept you waiting did I? I guess....I....just dozed off......so tired."

Quickly moving to her and fiv her proper support “It’s okay...take some rest” Sareash said with a calming voice as she looked at the sun herself and sight softly “You did good, I am proud of you, we survived thanks to your guidance and strength “ Sareash tried her best to comfort her friend, the person that actually truly matter to her “So take some rest, I will be here all that time”

"I failed ash. I was supposed to protect the Lord and Lady, but the damn thing tossed me like a toy. If they're alive...tell them i'm sorry. So tired, chilly too. Think...i'm....just....going to rest here. Your shoulder is so warm Ash." Alice seemed to say somewhere between quiet and a murmur, but was still understandable. The woman rested against the Elysian, letting the fatigue win this time, as she just wanted to rest.

She blinked a bit at the reaction and it sounded a bit to much of blood loss was affecting her dear friend and she taps her communication "This is Cathetel, I require medical aid at the following coordinates. Hurry!" She shrugs aftering hearing the comformation of her request and looked at Alice and placed her head against that of Alice "Everything will be fine, you did great and I am here until medical arrives to help you" Sareash smiled softly "Just dont leave me behind.."

"Wh- where would.....I........go?-", the geshrin trailed off as she slipped to sleep there. The medics would arrive and take them both to the hospital, the front entrance now demolished from the second assault that had passed briefly before the sun had rose that morning. Soldiers, officials, and some citizens who were caught in the crossfire, were all present on the upper floors for care. Units of soldiers and vehicles traveled the silent streets for remnants of the enemy, a few being sent into the utility tunnels below, and surrounding woodlands around the coast.

The sun was much higher in the sky now as heavy eyelids slid open, the sound of medical devices hooked up to the general's body, beeping in time with her pulse as a two IVs dripped into her blood stream.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back