• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Worldbuilding Prompt Submissions

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
We welcome your suggestions for prompts used in Star Army's Worldbuilding Wednesdays. Post them here to submit them for future use! You can also vote on them to help staff prioritize them. When they are used we'll edit the post to say so. We might find a better way of doing this in the future, but let's try it this way for starters. Please submit only one prompt per reply so it's clear what people are voting on. Prompts should end in a question.

What prompts would you like to see used in the future?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Prompt Title: Mundane Utility

SARP has a lot of aliens, and cool technology. A lot of it has a very clear intended use, any aliens with special powers use them in their written ways (Nekovalkyria use gravity manipulation to fly, Operators possess computers to get data easily, etc.)

But what about not-well-thought-out uses for these powers and tools? Your gravity bubble can let you carry a lot of awkward things without using your arms as much; a Geist implant could remote-start your car in the middle of winter as soon as you wake up. The sort of things that you don't even THINK about, because it's a basic, non-flashy application of something that's really cool.

Used: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/worldbuilding-wednesday-4-mundane-utility.67128/

Last edited by a moderator:
Prompt Title: The Civilian Within Me

Now that peace is around the corner, we are slowly taking a breather and enjoying our peace. But we also enter a quite unfamiliar area, an area where people have little touch or knowledge of. The civilians are the critical building stones of our societies, may it be from Yamatai to the NDC, civilians are needed in corporations, shops, business or governmental duties such as being a Diplomat or even a Premier. What would you want to see be incorporated into the SARP universe in regards to the civilian touch we are currently searching for.

Used: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/worldbuilding-wednesday-2-the-civilian-within-me.66973/

Prompt Title: So humorous that it just makes sense

There are so many articles in people's minds that it sounds humorous and yet never comes to play. So to flair up a bit more harmless humor into SARP, why not see if people come up with products, companies/industries, or one-shot gigs that actually make sense in the SARP universe.

Used: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum...3-so-humorous-that-it-just-makes-sense.67050/

Prompt Title: So humorous that it just makes sense

There are so many articles in people's minds that it sounds humorous and yet never comes to play. So to flair up a bit more harmless humor into SARP, why not see if people come up with products, companies/industries, or one-shot gigs that actually make sense in the SARP universe.
I fully support this notion.

Due to lack of participation (no posts in 14 months), I'm un-sticking this thread and retiring it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back