• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Worldbuilding Wednesday #1: Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Welcome to Star Army's Worldbuilding Wednesdays! It's a new way to expand the Star Army universes with your imagination and ideas!

The concept of this forum goes like this:
  • Every week, on Wednesday, a Star Army staffer will post a question about the SARPiverse:
  • During the week, Star Army players can creatively answer the question with their ideas
  • Star Army players can also upvote other responses they like
  • We'll try to use the top ideas:
    • can be submitted as suggestions to add to the Star Army universe
    • can be put into an article by the creator and submitted
    • can be GM fuel for RP plots
Today's prompt comes from me:

When the Kuvexians invaded they brought a sizeable number of pirates into the Kikyo Sector who have been raiding cargo ships at the edges of stars systems. What are some of the groups of pirates out there and where do they operate out of?

Hmmm...

• The Bothuturtha Pirates rob the graveyards of Kuvexian-Yamataian Battlefields and Salvage Ships. They are frequently seen around Detritus Station selling their bounty to the neutral operator of the station. (Will get to an article an add to the Detritus Station info :) )

Mhm
  • The Black Tooth Grins dare to venture into the regions of Yui Nebula, Hankao's Nebula, and Chiharu Nebula. They are known for their quick hit and run tactics from their carrier the Minerva as they launch fighters and bombers to siege their victims until they meet their demands. The Black Tooth Grins are known to have done business with the Kuvexians on several occasions.

Mhm
  • The Black Tooth Grins dare to venture into the regions of Yui Nebula, Hankao's Nebula, and Chiharu Nebula. They are known for their quick hit and run tactics from their carrier the Minerva as they launch fighters and bombers to siege their victims until they meet their demands. The Black Tooth Grins are known to have done business with the Kuvexians on several occasions.
I joined in the motivation the article : Setting Submission for Black Tooth Grins!

Some leftover pirates from the old Star Army Privateer Program likely still exist. Likely abandoning their provided ships for those they salvaged. I can come up with one since a character of mine indirectly linked with it.

Bloodclaw Clan

The Bloodclaw clan derives their name from their distinctive ships which resemble a clawed hand that is painted a blood red. They are from an unknown port deep in the thick Trilight Fog region of the Rosenthal Nebula. They also have 'hands' that operate from places where pirates are known to gather. Their reputation among the pirates is that they are bloodthirsty and almost feral. They seem to have a wide variety of races in their membership. Recently, there appear to even be some Separa'Shan in their numbers. Every member bears the marks of extensive biological and cybernetic experimentation. They are loyal to each other and the 'demon's head', their presumed leader, to death without exception. Their strikes tend to be well planed, but with sudden and unpredictable brutality due to an unpredictable berserker rage that can overcome them. Their targets are seldom random, most often ships carrying either novel technology or valuable cargo. It is thought that their home base is self-sustaining in some way due to them never publicly recruiting. They attack ships of all flags, including Kuvexian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back