• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Worldbuilding Wednesday #2: The Civilian Within Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Welcome to Star Army's Worldbuilding Wednesdays! It's a new way to expand the Star Army universes with your imagination and ideas!

The concept of this forum goes like this:
  • Every week, on Wednesday, a Star Army staffer will post a question about the SARPiverse:
  • During the week, Star Army players can creatively answer the question with their ideas
  • Star Army players can also upvote other responses they like
  • We'll try to use the top ideas:
    • can be submitted as suggestions to add to the Star Army universe
    • can be put into an article by the creator and submitted
    • can be GM fuel for RP plots
Today's prompt comes from @RaWolfe

Prompt Title: The Civilian Within Me

Now that peace is around the corner, we are slowly taking a breather and enjoying our peace. But we also enter a quite unfamiliar area, an area where people have little touch or knowledge of. The civilians are the critical building stones of our societies, may it be from Yamatai to the NDC, civilians are needed in corporations, shops, business or governmental duties such as being a Diplomat or even a Premier. What would you want to see be incorporated into the SARP universe in regards to the civilian touch we are currently searching for?

Please submit your responses to the prompt below! Responses can be voted on so try to include everything in one post!

I'd love to see people doing their best to rebuild their lives and their communities after the war, rebuilding businesses and infrastructure. I know that not a lot of the more important planets were even touched by the war, but I think it might be fun to explore that rebuilding process on the less well-protected planets in the sector.

An example of this might be the Sunflower corporation and other corporations coming in to help rebuild infrastructure in areas that were on the edges of protected space under Yamatai, like the Bard cluster, Ukmirt, or Fujiko, and helping to rebuild things with heavy equipment donations to the civilians there and prefabricated buildings and the like.

Last edited:
I know great work is already in the pipeline like the international station that is being created for people of all factions to interact and factions giving a more prime focus on culture and the civilian side of things :D So would it be a good idea if we made some npc corporations (not owned by players but companies that Faction managers can use) that focus on getting normal supplies of goods into SARP? I don't mind creating some basic ones in various factions to boost up their economy :D

Reactions: Wes
Another idea is to have more civilian jobs within factions, with the international station more opportunities will present themselves to play a civilian! So why not have a good list of jobs that a civilian could do from the perspective of your respective faction :D Like Nesh has their focus on the education, farming, and mining structures as they are skilled in this. But also small jobs we got like a priest or engineers that work at the docks.

So this is another idea (yes I am on a roll wooohooo).

But the thing I am most interested in... is the cuisine of different species and such. Yamatai and Nepleslia have unique taste already, but it would be awesome if this gets explored some more. What kind of cuisine is delicious favorable in your faction? What is a taboo (Nothing extreme but like religion pork is not allowed in all countries something like that)? And what kind of cuisine is attached to a festival in your faction?

Food for thought :D

Just a small notice, seeing there are a few upvotes on the suggestions I did to say that I will be working on them as a side project :D Giving Star Army some content :) For example the NPC corporations I will think up on a few and will offer the FMs to see if they want them under their wing or not :)

I declare Alex Hart the winner of this WW. We had a lot of ties for votes so I went with his post because it had the most likes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back