• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Worldbuilding Wednesday #6: Only in Star Army: Sushi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Only In Star Army: Sushi

Sushi is popular in the SARPiverse, especially in Yamatai. There are hundreds of worlds in the Star Army universe, many with unique flora and fauna and flavors, which make possible a staggering number of new sushi combinations. What are some unique sushi rolls that you can only get at restaurants in the Star Army universe?

Note: Feel free to make up new foods and ingredients as needed.

I’m somewhat proud of the five unique rolls I made for SAoY. My favorites thematically and taste-wise, respectively, are these two:
  • Lucky Direction of the Empress: Composed of seven ingredients only, this roll is to be eaten while facing the direction of the Empress' Palace.
  • Fuji Fly-by: A newer roll that has seen some popularity, this roll is a thick mix of avocado and fried shrimp wrapped in white rice and nori with yellowtail and salmon on top.
With this one being my favorite lore one, albeit out-of-date:
  • Mountain Out of Molehill: A deep-fried mountain roll inspired by the one served aboard the YSS Eucharis.

The "Yam" Roll - Wrapped in seaweed paper and Yamatai short-grained rice, a deep-fried tempura Yamatai blue yam with cucumber. Served with sapporo wasabi mayo on top.

I’m somewhat proud of the five unique rolls I made for SAoY. My favorites thematically and taste-wise, respectively, are these two:
  • Lucky Direction of the Empress: Composed of seven ingredients only, this roll is to be eaten while facing the direction of the Empress' Palace.
  • Fuji Fly-by: A newer roll that has seen some popularity, this roll is a thick mix of avocado and fried shrimp wrapped in white rice and nori with yellowtail and salmon on top.
With this one being my favorite lore one, albeit out-of-date:
  • Mountain Out of Molehill: A deep-fried mountain roll inspired by the one served aboard the YSS Eucharis.
I'm slightly confused as to what the seven ingredients are for the Lucky Direction of the Empress and what kind of ingredients does the Mountain Out of Molehill has? :) Just curious

a4f073cd-7393-4c6c-b168-045dd4d38b15.png
Heart Shaped Salmon Nigiri for two. Made the same as typical Salmon Nigiri this dish is meant for two people to share each piece as their share their own hearts lives and family. It was featured in Castle of Dreams which is a companion story within resolutions of the ghost.

Reactions: Wes
Separa'Shan love Sushi! They can eat raw meat and so Sushi is a natural fit. While there are many animals and even fruits suitable for Sushi on Essia, Where the Separa'Shan have innovated is in the realm of large Sushi rolls. Thanks to a tough type of seaweed from Essia called Illichi, they make large Sushi rolls that can still hold together. Rolls made with it tend to be four or more inches in diameter and a foot or more long. Illishi Sushi is wrapped with the seaweed outside, in a similar to a burrito.

The record for the largest piece of sushi ever eaten in one bite is held by Arinalls Calabariin, a Separa'Shan competitive eater, who downed a roll 1.05 meters in diameter and 2.1 meters long and weighing roughly 115 kilos before closing his mouth again. For obvious reasons, Separa'shan competitive eating records are typically placed in their own category.

I've selected Andrew as the winner! His submission got the most votes and is a new creation! Other submitters either didn't submit a sushi roll or submitted things that already existed in the SARP universe and we're trying to encourage the creation of new lore here. Make sure to add it to the sushi page!

Honorable mention: @Soban - This was my favorite because it was fun and had good detail. Please make sure that makes it to the sushi wiki page or the Separa'Shan culture page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back