• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Write a Brief Guide for How to Make Suggestions

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion is that SARP should have a guide for how to be successful in this forum by writing suggestions that:
  • Are actually a suggestion, with a clear. concise title in the form of a suggestion ("Clarify the Star Army Ranks Page")
  • Solve a problem that exists ("I keep seeing people getting confused about ranks") or is foreseen to exist in the future
  • Suggests Specific Solution (What exactly do think should be done? Who should do it?)
  • Is Useful to the community (How will this make our RP better and more fun?)
  • Gets Other Players Excited (Is the idea presented in an inspiring way?)
  • Reminds people to upvote (not just like)
The guide should be stickied in this forum.

If you think this would be useful, please upvote.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I do want to add that if people don't tend to agree then they have their full right to do so. But if you wish to improve the given suggestion, then do it in the form of constructive criticism. Things like "No this is bad" or "Worse idea ever" won't help the community, so please stay civil, and when you disagree or see an improve then show it " It is bad because......but if you do it like this:..." or "This idea is not that strong, but maybe if you consider this...." will help out more then you think.

Reminds people to upvote (not just like)
Suggestion: reword this to "Reminds people to vote (not just like or comment).

Give it a slightly more neutral term to encourage more overall interaction, but also reminding people who might normally oppose a thing that they should downvoted before launching a three page discussion.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back