• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Yamatai and Nepleslia question

Nepleslia has mercenaries out the back end, and with mercenaries in mind I recommend the plot Scythe. It's 18+ and is a bit slow at the moment, but to give you the gist of it the plot is about a Police/Mercenary/Political group on a planet taking it away from the corporations that are controlling it and forcing it back into the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. Some characters could be considered mercenaries while others are more police than mercenary.

Either way, we basically are mercenaries in Police uniforms.

Talk to @Gallant or @CadetNewb for more, I'm just one of the players.

Nepleslia has mercenaries out the back end, and with mercenaries in mind I recommend the plot Scythe. It's 18+ and is a bit slow at the moment, but to give you the gist of it the plot is about a Police/Mercenary/Political group on a planet taking it away from the corporations that are controlling it and forcing it back into the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. Some characters could be considered mercenaries while others are more police than mercenary.

Either way, we basically are mercenaries in Police uniforms.

Talk to @Gallant or @CadetNewb for more, I'm just one of the players.

I will look into that. Thanks!

Scythe works. The Shinpi also utilizes mercenaries/bounty hunters in Nep space. Dig-It is a mining one that will eventually need them. Tons of options =3=b

Gotcha. Thanks, man! I'm pretty much sold on Scythe now, but in the name of fairness Imma take a look at Shinpi and Dig-It too!

The one Yamataian house that does Mercenary work isn't doing it for Yamatai~

Thanks for your interest in Scythe! I've replied in your character app thread and I'm looking it over, now.

Also: Yamatai doesn't do Mercs, to answer the other part. Neps do =3=b
This isn't entirely true. It's still canon that the Tenth Fleet uses military contractors (read: mercenaries) and hired guns have been used in several RPs before.

Liv probably made the right call with Nepland, though. To use mercs in league with Yamatai you'd have to go and make your own plot!

This isn't entirely true. It's still canon that the Tenth Fleet uses military contractors (read: mercenaries) and hired guns have been used in several RPs before.

Liv probably made the right call with Nepland, though. To use mercs in league with Yamatai you'd have to go and make your own plot!
Smellatai is lame >:3

Yamatai's use of mercs on a broad scale can be found in the Nepleslia civil war between the Reds and Greens. Though the Reds were not directly hired by Yamatai to destabilize the Nepleslia Star Empire/Democratic Imperium, Kyoto did engage in covert financial backing of the Reds.

I wanted to mention the Reds, but they were more "the Confederacy with full British backing" than mercs, lol.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back