• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Yamatai] Food Producers Needed

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
With Hoshi no Iori blown up, Yamatai is struggling to feed itself people. At the same time on the OOC front, Food production and Yamataian cuisine is not very detailed except for military rations. So, to you creative SARPers out there I'm asking if you could create an expanding Yamataian food company or add detail about the food production of a Yamataian planet. For example, I've created a section for Hanako's World that shows agricultural exports.

Are you willing to help?

Step One: Make a Food Corporation
Step Two: Start making fake futuristic farming equipment
Step Three: ???
Step Four: Profit.

Challenge accepted.

Haven't done much with Takeyu's company, guess I could expand it a bit further to also includ food production.

Not to knock you, SSharp, but I'd avoid having a single corporation produce everything in the known universe. It's actually kind of bad form and a precedent that we really don't need.

In the real world, manufacturers (esp. in heavy industry) are a lot more specialized than most people think.

Maybe adding more corporate articles that are relative self-contained (a tractor manufacturer, a hydroponic farmers association, a synthfood vending machine chain, etc...) might give a better vibe in the long run. As opposed to branding Ketsurui Zaibatsu, Dietrich Starkwerk or Origin Industries on everything, even if those things are respective labors of love by their owners/writers.

I'd avoid having a single corporation produce everything in the known universe.
Indeed. Also, I was looking for Yamataian food producers, not Abwehran ones.

I would also avoid having a single source for food. Hence why Daichi the SSS is working with the refugees to establish farms.

And at Teisenjou Tamahagane is working with the government to establish a bunch of farms around the crater lake.

If this never happened, Yamatai should capitalize on "Yomagai Beef and Vegetables". And "Oppai Dairy Products".

... I'm done now. Going to just take my necro elsewhere. Unless these ideas aren't terribly terrible and totally still needed. In which case, I hope these stupid/dirty puns are totally used in the utmost serious of manners.

I know I saw some items created but did companies get created for this ? I was just wondering if instead of large corporate pages maybe for minor production ones maybe have a few corporations posted on one page with little bulletins on what they do. That way you can have little back ground information while also just adding. I know people might not do this in a rp but if your in a store maybe the little bit of rp where your like man I want some Le Foodie brand cookies hope they have it.

So not sure if its worth looking at but might be fun to have.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back