• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Yamatai] Ke-W5-1A Light Armor Tactical Rifle

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Regarding your ammunition article, you name different tiers, but give them all "Heavy Anti-Armor" while some should qualify as "Light Anti-Mecha".

In the weapon's article itself, you mention damage as being "Tiers #". The purpose of implementing the latest version of the Star Army Damage Rating guideline was so that you'd be able to use an in-universe nomenclature in order to make the articles as 'in-character' sounding as possible. I suggest avoiding terms like "Tier 6" in favor of "Heavy Anti-Armor".

Finally, this is more to the attention of the mods. The example listing on the DRv3 page shows the 50mm Gauss Cannon as being a rival design to this sniper weapon that fires off 20mm rounds. The flavor text talks about "through and through penetration of a heavy armor" in one, the other mentions "penetration through multiple vehicles". This said, the 50 Gauss Cannon was inspired from a shorter shoulder-mounted weapon on both Mindy and Kylie that narratively had an medium-to-heavy anti-armor weapon.

The performance of previous weapons and examples aren't set in stone, so, ruling on this may help establish consistency on certain higher-end power armor weapons. However, pay mind of how this will relate to mecha-mounted weapons (a mecha's beam cannons meant tyo destroy other mecha, a starfighter's missiles meant to take down other starfighters).

Last edited:
Regarding your ammunition article, you name different tiers, but give them all "Heavy Anti-Armor" while some should qualify as "Light Anti-Mecha".

In the weapon's article itself, you mention damage as being "Tiers #". The purpose of implementing the latest version of the Star Army Damage Rating guideline was so that you'd be able to use an in-universe nomenclature in order to make the articles as 'in-character' sounding as possible. I suggest avoiding terms like "Tier 6" in favor of "Heavy Anti-Armor".

Finally, this is more to the attention of the mods. The example listing on the DRv3 page shows the 50mm Gauss Cannon as being a rival design to this sniper weapon that fires off 20mm rounds. The flavor text talks about "through and through penetration of a heavy armor" in one, the other mentions "penetration through multiple vehicles". This said, the 50 Gauss Cannon was inspired from a shorter shoulder-mounted weapon on both Mindy and Kylie that narratively had an medium-to-heavy anti-armor weapon.

The performance of previous weapons and examples aren't set in stone, so, ruling on this may help establish consistency on certain higher-end power armor weapons. However, pay mind of how this will relate to mecha-mounted weapons (a mecha's beam cannons meant tyo destroy other mecha, a starfighter's missiles meant to take down other starfighters).

I have fixed the tier names and I have also switched to an in-universe nomenclature. However, I have placed the Tier #'s in parentheses next to "Light Anti-Mecha" and 'Heavy Anti-Armor" in the damage quickchart.

As for the last part, Soban's Ke-M2-W3900 Shoulder-Fired 20mm Gauss Cannon was approved (soon after your post was made) with a Tier 7 damage rating. So consistency-wise, I think it is okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not using similar round sizes. Yours is 7x20mm whereas mine is 20x82mm. Remember, Caliber is the diameter of the round that goes downrange. However, that is just a quick numbers fix though. Additionally, the Tier 7 is limited issue due to it's Zesuaium tip. Something that I think would be cool personally is if they were just different delivery systems for the same ammo or were developed in parallel. However, that is up to you.

I don't think it would enter mass production right away. It would be up to you when it entered production, but right now it would likely be entering trial service or some such.

I don't think it would enter mass production right away. It would be up to you when it entered production, but right now it would likely be entering trial service or some such.
I changed mass production to begin in YE 40 after completing a trial run in YE 39, so that certain characters will get a chance to use the weapon as soon as possible.

That doesn't work - you can't create events in the future.

Or do you mean you will change it to that eventually?

[EDIT] I looked at your article and that part is much better. Let me re-read.

After a brief discussion with @Ametheliana over Discord, I have changed "The weapon entered mass production for the Star Army of Yamatai in YE 40 after successfully completing a trial service run in YE 39" to "The weapon is slated to enter mass production for the Star Army of Yamatai in YE 40 after the completion of a trial run."

I have also made note of the weapon's "chrome-like finish" under the appearance section.

To add one more thing, I would like for this weapon to become a "standard-issue" weapon that people can freely use in their Mindy loadouts, if at all possible. My goal is for it to go under "Optional Hand-held Weapons" on the Mindy Accessories page.

Tagging @Wes for FM Approval.

Last edited:
Looking through the article, unless I've missed something, it seems to indicate that the gun just fires projectile ammunition?

If you look a the image, you'll notice that there are actually two different muzzle exit points on the front of the gun. When I originally was brainstorming the weapon-concept, the top barrel/muzzle was originally intended to be a lighter energy-based weapon fed by a battery stored in the weapons stock -- something that would last longer and be okay in close quarters -- while the under-barrel exit was supposed to use different kinds of special projectile ammunition, fed by the magazine, and be used for sniping targets at long distance.

If you want to keep it with just the projectile ammunition I suppose that's fine, I guess, though it sorta contradicts the weapons appearance with the two barrels/muzzle exit points.

Last edited:
Looking through the article, unless I've missed something, it seems to indicate that the gun just fires projectile ammunition?

If you look a the image, you'll notice that there are actually two different muzzle exit points on the front of the gun. When I originally was brainstorming the weapon-concept, the top barrel/muzzle was originally intended to be a lighter energy-based weapon fed by a battery stored in the weapons stock -- something that would last longer and be okay in close quarters -- while the under-barrel exit was supposed to use different kinds of special projectile ammunition, fed by the magazine, and be used for sniping targets at long distance.

If you want to keep it with just the projectile ammunition I suppose that's fine, I guess, though it sorta contradicts the weapons appearance with the two barrels/muzzle exit points.

I will go ahead and make these changes/additions as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I've been updating items to use the standard nomenclature and I've renamed this to Ke-W5.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back