• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Yamatai] NH-25 Pumpkin-type

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Submission Type: Species
Template Used: None
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:species:nekovalkyrja:nh-25
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=species:nekovalkyrja:nh-25

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? @Wes
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
This does not follow template and is a stub, which is in line with the way old Neko are described on the wiki. They're not a playable species so they don't follow the species template and it is a stub for that reason, as well. This is supposed to give supplementary knowledge to my players about a NH-25 Neko and I really feel bad this wasn't submitted beforehand, but I didn't think about it. I in no way made up this info but I got it from like fifty old threads, Wes, and the wiki's info on the subject.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Most of this looks fine to me.

I'm not sure how @Wes will feel about this being called the Pumpkin-type as a shorthand since it had been replaced in use once we finally got to know the actual type - NH-25 - of that neko body way-back-when... but that's for him to figure out. I don't really care.

One bit of info is that the NH-25 is really tough. On the Sakura, multiple stun shots were pumped into Pumpkin and they barely seemed to slow her down. The whole 'legs explode into tentacles' and then at a whim reform as real legs speak of pretty epic hemosynthetic capabilities, which may be relevant (that includes regeneration, I'd guess). Pet peeve: I never could figure out what happens to the bones in their legs when the NH-25 goes tentacle mode (but that's not as relevant to this submission).

Pumpkin also had very good thermoptic stealth.

In my plot, a youngling of Eve whom had transfered to a NH-25 body was just as capable of psionics as the NH-17T of the past; this could be a feature of all NH-25 have (since all Mishhu seem to have an edge psionic-wise)... of course, the Pumpkin-type could be excused from that by being the Pumpkin-type - just letting you know. Another NH-25 I used, Ume, was in the vicinity of power armors battling and 'balled up' within her tentacles for protection... so perhaps the tentacles are more expendable or tougher than the rest of the body (or maybe they're just normal and used for extra mitigation). Ume died to a single NSP shot (set on kill) to the chest, though... so maybe the NH-25 is greatly resistant to being stunned by scalar energy, only? (or maybe I just did it wrong)

Last edited:
Thanks for documenting this undocumented thing, Ame! I really appreciate all the research you've put into this.

Maybe we can add Fred's notes to it too?

Seems like a good article to me.

I just woke up, but hopefully I didn't miss anything. I added:
They have proven in the past that they have psionic abilities at their disposal. They have been known take stun shots and scalar energy with ease, but do not fare well against weapons with killing power, such as the Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol while it is set on kill. Their thermoptic stealth abilities are very good.
Thank you for the help with this @Fred and ready for you, again, @Wes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back