• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Yamatai] Orochi Squadron Reboot Poll

If Orochi squadron eventually returned this Xmas, what kind of combat would you like it to focus on?

• Total voters

paladinrpg

OK, since returning I have gotten a lot of comments about my run-and-gun, jump into the PA action, newbie friendly Orochi Squadron plot and if it will be returning someday. I always kept the door open to such a thing, since it generated a lot of excitement and was great for newbies who could just make blank 99 day nekos to join in. And considering Yuletide is not too far away from now, perhaps we could reprise things to deliver a little surprise to what is left of the NMX bases in the southern quadrant...

Since the interest is getting above a level where I might actually consider doing it, I need to answer a question first that would determine the main flavor of the type of combat to expect in such a reboot/continuation so I can properly plan for it. It can still continue it as an infantry-centric plot, with a space and a ground component... or, as I was thinking, we can dive straight into the shooter-feel that many appreciated and run it as a carrier-based starfighter-centric plot. There was plans before I left to switch possibly to a Kagai-class Assault Ship, or to take the time to retrofit the 10 years old Irim designs and keep them relevant.

Your feedback is much appreciated, and feel free to leave comments below. :)

OMG! So much hype! YAAAASSSSS QUEEEEEENNNN!

I have quite a few characters that might work for this plot if it comes to fruition...Hanna Madsen (maybe Kawasaki Hayami?)...or I may just create a new character (since I enjoy making new characters so much!).

I'm not really all that fond of RPing command/officer characters, but that's just a personal preference.

I would enjoy seeing spacey power armor combat as a major part of the plot! Nothing more intense than having just a thin layer of Yama-Dura/Zesuaium between you and the enemy!

I love me some starfighters! Might join in these shenanigans if possible, it would be a lotta fun! I'm fine with both starfighters and infantry combat thought I have a slight preference to fighters myself : P

I love me some starfighters! Might join in these shenanigans if possible, it would be a lotta fun! I'm fine with both starfighters and infantry combat thought I have a slight preference to fighters myself : P
The plot includes both starfighters and infantry, I'm just trying to see what more players prefer so I can tailor the first mission better. For example, only one PC wanted to be in this role previously, so I let Grey control a few neko to compensate for that fact...

i am alas a newb and know nothing of its previous life, it does however sound interesting, so i will keep an eye on this
It was always meant to be a super newbie friendly plot to get a taste of SARP action, and unless the rules changed, anyone can join even with non-fully approved characters. So you are always welcome to be another targ...er... I mean valuable player! ;)

Wow, awesome to see you again Grey! Don't worry about being a flight lead this time... being a newbie is part of the concept here, after all. I wouldn't force you to do something that wasn't going to be fun for you. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back