• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Yamatai: Remove Senators whose players have been inactive for a year or more

hyralt

Reading Senate of Yamatai on Star Army Space Roleplay I discovered how many inactive players still have Senators:
  • Anisa System TBA Legix
  • Elysia Novus Karael Malarch META_mahn Represents the Elysian Celestial Empire
  • Daichi System Bordolf, Gunther Nashoba
  • Tami System Maeda Yusuke raz Staff Taisa, Ninth Fleet
After some lively discussion in Discord (thanks @Andrew @Ethereal @FrostJaeger @Soban ), I think the simplest thing to do is to remove Senators whose players have been inactive for at least a year.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not part of my proposal, but a suggestion:

I say that we justify it IC by having an IC rule that if Senators don't show up for a year, they are removed. But they can be added again if the system chooses them again, allowing players to come back after a break but forcing them to go through the OOC Senate application process again.

I think we mentioned in Discord that because each world has its own rules for how to choose and keep their Senators, we can chalk their removal down to behind-the-curtain politics, which means there shouldn't be anything against reelection unless the world's lore says otherwise. (And given Senators are OOC and IC responsible for developing their home world they can always change that). So I think that works, Hy

I think I'm not being clear. I think it's clear that my suggestion is an OOC rule.

I am also trying to raise the possibility of an IC rule that the Senate can reject a system's Senator if they don't participate for a year. Not a behind-the-curtains thing, but an official in-character rule at the Senate level that however a system chooses a Senator, if they don't participate in the Senate for a year, they are removed and the Senate kindly asks the system to choose someone else.

Please implement this suggestion, Hyralt. Thank you!

Nice to get this cleaned up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back