• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Yamatai] Star Army Career Counseling (YE 43)

Status
Not open for further replies.

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
4月 YE 43
RP Location
Yamatai, Kyoto
The "Star Army Career Counseling Program" was established by Taisho Ketsurui-Shinujuku late last year to help Star Army personnel have more control of their careers. But the first interviews had been delayed for various reasons until now, one of them being the lack of properly trained clerks to carry out the tasks.

While one does not need to be a SAINT operative, it does require a high degree of interpersonal skills most clerks lack. But one clerk located in Star Army HQ seems eager to pilot the program and act as a guinea pig on what needs to be trained.

Within a room of the Type 32 Spire serving as the Star Army HQ, a violet eyed Joto Hei looks out the window and looks over the miliary district and the distant civilian half of Kyoto. Behind her is a large desk with a tea set currently boiling water and a volumetric display currently displaying a rotating Hinomaru. In the corner of the room, a display could be seen with the ship patch of the YSS Kaiyo II and unit patch of the Giretsu Century of the 4th Legion.

With it being a pilot program, appointments were not assigned making it a first come, first served situation. So she had no idea who would come through that door at any moment. How exciting!

Reactions: Wes
starship operator Kawa Kinie transparent.png

A petite catgirl-soldier dressed in a Type 35 uniform with 'starship gray' panels appeared in the doorway. She had short black hair and dark red eyes. "Ah! Hello! Is this place for the career counseling? I'm Kawa Kinie Shoi Kohosei, and I need help making a career plan."

Koyama, a bodysuit clad Nekovalkyrja stood behind the Kohosei. While the other girl's panels were gray. Her own shone white against the Type-42 Bodysuit. While perhaps not as used as the other uniform types, this suit was so reminiscent of the practically ancient YE 22 model. Yet more up to date. The taller of the two merely waited, a faint waft of her preferred perfume, a complex mix of scents designed to invoke mystery with a bit of the exotic then cleared her throat. Whereas Kinie's eyes were red-brown, her attention momentarily on the person beyond the doorway. The Chui behind her's own eyes, the color of gold, molten almost shone with a metallic glint in thanks to the combination of lighting and positioning.

"Would you like to enter?" the milk-skinned Neko suggested in polite tones. Even as she said this if the Kohosei bothered to glance at the woman behind her, Koyama wore a stoic expression, her emotional range seemingly non-existent despite the pleasantness of her suggestion and hint.

Narumi was shocked that not only one but two had showed up for counseling as she looked at their reflections in the window. But she kept a professional look on her face as she turned around and smiled.

"Yes ma'am, welcome! Please have a seat. I will be with you shortly Chui." she said politely with a bow. She then sat herself down and poured some tea for her first client. "How can Star Army Personnel help you today?"

Reactions: Wes
Kawa nodded and enthusiastically grabbed a seat, mindful that there was someone waiting in line behind her. "Okay! Well, I am temporarily at Fort Victory and I want to get out of the reserve and back into a regular assignment. My sister is on the YSS Resurgence and I was wondering if it would be possible to get stationed with her?? Also I just got to be an officer and honestly I feel a little confused on what I should be doing different as an officer."

As Kawa spoke, Narumi accessed the Shoi Kohosei's records mentally. Seemed like a very standard first few years for a child of the vat. She then pulled up the Resurgence's personnel records mentally to determine vacancies and any requests for the crews to swap assignments.

"I can relay the advise my old Giretsu Centurion once told me. 'The key aspect of the officer over the enlisted is that we are the ones that will be held accountable to the actions of the enlisted. Good or bad, the consequences are on us. So we must always have the integrity and personal courage to accept our fuck ups and make sure those under us are trained to carry out our orders." Narumi said before smiling.

"I see if there is an officer in the Fleet willing to act as a mentor for you if you wish. This isn't something SA Personnel Command provides, but I am one to never leave anyone hanging. I know a few people."

"Now I see that the Resurgence is among your preferred assignments. We do our best to assign personnel to the units they desire to serve it and provide pair assignments with you batch sister. But it is ultimately up to the needs of the Star Army." Narumi said after pausing again and pulling up Kawa's aptitude test results.

"Let's reconfirm your aptitude test. Currently you are Starship Operations, how would you rate your combat skills and ability to think outside of the box?"

Last edited:
Kawa felt her face fall slightly as she looked down at the test, seeing her numbers were better than most people in a lot of the areas, but lower than what others in her batch of Nekovalkyrja had in those areas. Seeing the results was worse than the embarrassment. "I'll admit I am not good at calculating probabilities and strategies. But I think I'm good in battle...at least in the simulations. I would say that I'm at a point where I am able to apply the information I gather from the missions to the next mission and so on."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back