• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Yamatai] Star Army Recruiting Center (YE 42)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanako shook Aliset's hand. "Congratulations and welcome to the Star Army," she smiled.

"Next you will go through medical where they will do some scans and take whatever tests apply to you," Stella explained. "Since your species is not familiar to Yamatai I don't think you'll have to do any brain scans or be able to get a Nekovalkyrja body, which is fine. After you get passed by medical, you will get orders to you warrant officer school and pilot school, which you should do fine at given your experience. After your training, you'll be out in the fleet kicking Kuvexian butt."

"Thank you, ma'am. I don't forsee any issues." She gave a gentle squeeze with Hanako's hand shake, letting her arm relax. "I hope my being the first is not an inconvenience for my teachers and peers. That said, and with impressions to make, I will be graduating top of my class. I could also use some guidance to Medical?"

She quietly slipped a data chip from under her chestplate and palmed it, deciding she would give it to the medical staff when they started their scans. It contained full dietary and nutritional data for her species, including many of the species of plants and animals native to the Flotillas that were typically curated as food, and should, she hoped, provide sufficient data to replicate foods that would keep her healthy, if not happy. Several other notes were included such as the comm code for the Soren so that any further cultural and dietary questions could be directed to the Flotilla.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wes
Another Chapter begins:

Thaddeaus Maximus walked into the recruiting station with his head held high. Since the events of Himiko Thad had wondered around doing odd jobs here and there. He thought about going back to his old line of work with the NDC but there was another burning desire clawing at his soul. After he witnessed a heroic crew from a downed Yamatai star ship he had a new profound respect for those that serve the Star Army. He had always heard rumors about this group of lewding super neko cat girls. Which always sounded like a good time but for him, what was most important was putting up the good fight. His code demanded blood and his sights were on the blue blood of the Kuvvies. After a week staying at the Belmont Compound, he was talked into joining by a very nice lady named Seraphina. He did not remember much of the details from that night but she partied hard and had a strong fighting sprite. She was even nice enough to sponsor him joining.

Thaddeaus strutted up to the closest registration counter. He was wearing his signature overcoat but one could still make out his very defined body. They would pick up from his looks and even his smell that he was a Nepleslian Half ID-SOL Male. "Greetings, I am Thaddeaus Maximus and I am here to save Yamatai from the Kuvexians." He had a smile across his face and one could see he was perfectly confident in what he just said. He looked over the person standing on the other side of the counter. His hand stroking his chin which sported a goatee. "So, where do I sign?"

"Sounds great," the ticket clerk grinned, handing him a ticket that said B-502 on it.

Next Thaddeus was directed to a large waiting area where several dozen other people were waiting for their intake interviews. There was a table with some leftover pizza on it on one wall and a ton of vending machines including a hot coffee one. Several viewscreens had looping informational videos about the various occupations in the Star Army. The room smelled kind of faintly musky like an unsewpt concrete floor that someone had just done a bunch of sit-ups on.

Thad reached over and took the ticket. He grinned at the clerk for a moment before heading to the waiting area. As soon as he seen the pizza he was all over it. The smell of the room reminded him of the workout gyms he would always seek out. One must never miss leg day he thought to himself.

He looked to the screen that displayed possible jobs. He seen a few that he liked such as being a soldier or maybe a combat engineer. He was for sure going to set the record straight concerning him being listed as a doctor. While he had more than enough experience fixing people up, he was no doctor. Unless he was playing nurse and doctor role games he had no interest in this profession.

When Thad returned from the pizza table and went back to the seats in the waiting area he spotted a young woman with big, flowing periwinkle hair in a tiny dress sitting there looking at her ticket. She looked up at him and gave him a smile, offering the seat next to her.

"Are you here to join the Star Army too?" She asked. "I am a little nervous but I feel like in this crisis we all have to help out somehow."

Thaddeaus looked to the young girl wearing far to casual of a dress to be in a place like this. At first he thought he had taken a wrong turn since he had not expected to run into a young pretty girl at a recruiting station. She looked the part of a young woman waiting to be reunited with her significant other who just made it back from a tour. He walked over and took a seat beside her. "Aye, I am here to join the cause." He said looking her over once more. "I am Thaddeaus, nice to meet you. And there is no need to be nervous. Maybe we will get lucky and end up in the same unit and I always look out for my mates." Thad had his arms crossed over his chest sitting proudly. His sly smile looking over at his new friend.

"So what brings you to the fight? I get wanting to help but forgive me for being so blunt but you do not look the part of a fighter."

"Hi Thaddeaus, I'm Mia. I keep seeing the news reports about how the Kuvexians are taking more and more Yamataian star systems and I just felt like it's important to help the Star Army fight back. Plus being a Star Army veteran would be a great honor and I don't have any colleges that have accepted me yet. I am not really looking to get into combat...I am actually hoping to get a non-combat occupation like a clerk or caretaker, both of which are very fast-growing occupations right now, I heard," the periwinkle-haired woman replied. "What about you?"

"Nice to meet you Mia." This was followed by a sigh as he recalled all too well his fight with the Kuvexians. "I know far too well about the fight. You may have heard about the battle of Himiko in the news." He gaze wondered off looking out over the distance of the room. "I was there and seen first hand the take over of that world. I seen the brave people of Yamatai fight a fight they could not win." He reached up and rubbed his hands down across his face.

Like a light switch, his mood changed instantly from being down and gloomy back to his normal perky self. "That is why I am here today. I wish to honor those I fought with by continuing the fight. That way people like you can live a life without the war." He looked over at her, a smile wrapped around his face. "Though if there is one thing I am learning quickly, while you don't look the part of a fighter in that cute outfit, there is a very good chance you could kick my ass." He let out a hardy laugh.

Mia looked a little confused. "I downloaded some fighting mindware but I haven never really got the chance to try it out much," she admitted. "I guess we will get trained to fight once we get enlisted and sent to training." At his point Mia pulled out a flask from her purse and took a swing of something. Whatever it was, he could smell it left a lot of alcohol on her breath afterwards. "Liquid courage," she explained. "Want some? Wait, is this going to mess up my medical exam..."

Over the intercom, they were calling for B-501 which mean Thaddeaus would be next.

Thad perked up at the sight of her pulling out a flask of booze. Now this was the kind of people he had hoped to meet in Yam. "Just tell them your fighting style is drunken master." He said with a chuckled as he reached for the flask. "If your offering, I am open to have a drink. If they ask just say this big Nepleslian offered you the flask." Giving her a sly wink knowing very well if anyone would come to an interview drunk, it would be a Nep.

He took a hit from the flask and handed it back to her. "Damn girl, this is the stuff one drinks to get into trouble with and have misunderstandings the following day." This was nice he thought to himself and a reminder why he was here to fight for them. He then heard over the intercom the number before his called. "Welp, looks like I am going to be next." He then reached into his coat and handed her a card. "We should meet again, share stories of how we saved the world." He commented, his big smile front and center.

Mia just grinned. "I never claimed I was trouble-free," she told Thad, taking his card and slipping it into her purse. "You seem like the type of guy who would do body shots off of me," she added. "We will have to throw a huge party after graduation."

"Now serving B-502," a voice called on the intercom. It was time.

"I'd pour the shot, then bench press you over myself and pour the drink on down." He said with a chuckle and a big thumbs up. "We shall have to party hard after graduation that much is for sure. Best of luck on getting the job that fits best." He then heard his number called. "Welp, time to go do some damage." He stood and took one step before turning back to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Take care of yourself, try not to go dying on me now." He gave her shoulder a squeeze then turned to walk towards the counter.

Thad got directed to one of several side rooms where there were interviewed being conducted. Inside the recruiter guy, a serious-looking Yamataian man with wavy black hair, bright green eyes, and a tanned, somewhat aged-looking face introduced himself as Ittô Heisho James Guerrero. A slender, young chocolate-brown neko with teal eyes and feathered blue hair and an MP armband stood near the doorway.

"Welcome," Guerrero said. "I'm going to ask you a series of questions to determine your eligibility to serve in the Star Army of Yamatai. This interview is recorded and your answers will be independently verified. You are required to answer all questions truthfully and deliberately lying or withholding information is a violation of Imperial Law. Do you understand and agree to answer all questions honestly?"

He looked over the man as he took a seat. His first thought was that this person did not seem all that impressive. Yet he had learned so far that looks did not tell the full story with those who work in the star army. "Answer to the best of my ability. Though will have a hard time to verify some of the details since those dead Kuvvies I left back on Himiko are lost for words at the moment." He had his arms crossed strongly across his chest, a light smile on his face as he answered.

"Get a load of this guy," Guerrero said aloud with a chuckle before beginning the questions from his data pad. "Please state your full name, aliases, species, date of birth, and place of residence. Are you a citizen of Yamatai? What languages do you speak?"

Thad looked the guy over for a moment as he listened to the questions. "I am Thaddeaus Maximus, professional soldier. As for aliases, none official but I have been called a few things in my life. I am Nepleslian Half ID-SOL Male and currently live at the Belmont Compound." He reached into his coat and pulled out a letter. "I was told to give this to you." He placed the letter on the table and slid it over to him. It had the seal of Belmont on it with the signature of Madam Seraphina Belmont. As for being a citizen of Yam, would consider myself more a guest at this moment. My last placement was on Himiko and before that I was working jobs with the NDC. Before even that I was on some backwater world killing knights." He chuckled for a moment thinking back on all the different places and people he had been around. "I speak Trade and a few other choice words from other backgrounds."

"So when can I get started, I want to win this war before sunset. Was a pretty lady out in the lobby I have a date with and these kuvvies got to go."

Guerrero checked off some boxes on his data pad. "I still need your date of birth. To join the Star Army of Yamatai you need to be a citizen of the Yamatai Star Empire. We have a Department of Immigration office in the Fortress where you will have to take the citizenship test and become a Yamataian. You mentioned you are a professional soldier. Are you currently employed by a foreign government or military and what is your military history and when did you leave that military? And what is the Belmont Compound? Is that some sort of hippy commune?" The recruiter didn't open the letter yet.

"Born in YE 19 my good sir." He looked at the guy for a moment with a confused look on his face." A citizenship test, the heck do I need to take this for. I have already given blood, sweat and tears to this war. I can still see the look in their eyes as I pulled your solders out of one of your star ships that crashed into Himiko." Thad had now unfolded his arms and put his elbows on the table. He then learned into his hands. "I know you have paperwork to fill out. I am not currently under anyone's employment. Just a lone citizen looking to make a difference." He let out a deep breath and sighed for a moment. "Sorry for the outburst, I just have issue with filling out forms when fellow soldiers are out there dying."

"Oh and to answer your question, Belmont Compound is a private business and resort. Should go check it out sometime, they seem to give special treatment to enlisted." He then pointed to the letter laying on the table.

"DATE. OF. BIRTH," Guerrero barked, slamming his fist on the table for emphasis. "Oh yeah, your drill sergeant is going to have fun with a slow guy like you. You're perfect for infantry recon. Dumb as a box of rocks and brags about killing Kuvexians? Ohh yeah. If you had any short term memory cells in your brain you would have heard me say that you can't join the Star Army if you're not a Yamataian citizen, so we are going to make you one if you can pass the damned test, which I'm increasingly skeptical about. And we don't take bribes in the Star Army," the recruiter growled, tossing the letter aside to bounce off the stained brick wall and fall to the waxed tile floor. "Now, I need your muscled pretty-boy ass to focus here so we can get through these questions and you can be on your way to medical and then basic and then you can make all the difference you want, okay? You want to speed this up? Then stop wasting my time...AND DON'T CALL ME SIR, THAT IS CHIEF TO YOU," Guerrero explained, brandishing a knife-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back