• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Yamatai] Star Army Recruiting Center (YE 42)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think a lot of people have similar feelings, but you've come this far already and that's more than a lot can say. So long as you are honest with yourself and others things will probably work out,," Kozakura replied before rubbing the back of her neck slightly, "Sorry I don't mean to preach. Anyway it's nice to meet you Julia, I'm Tatsugami Kozakura." After giving her name she finally lowered her hand and let it rest upon her own thigh. "Kyoto's a big place so it's possible we've run into each other before," she offered with a friendly smile. Of course after she said her name there was a bit of rustling behind them and more hushed arguing...

Reactions: Wes
"Pleased to meet you, Kozakura, I just worry about having to be tough. I've been a softy who goes with the flow and hasn't had to work very hard many times in my life but I'm smart enough to know that I've had it easy," Julia "But while it scares me I also know that challenging myself is something I need if I want to grow as a person, if that makes sense. In Yamatai, work is optional because of minimum universal basic income (LACY) but I can't just sit around in my Kyoto apartment eating ramen and fingering myself. It's time to go out and do something real. Don't you think?" Julia already started to look more confident now that she had had a chance to vent her feelings to someone.

Meanwhile the muscular guy was clearly paying attention to them now.

Kozakura just smiled even as she blushed a little, Julia was certainly more forward than she was used to. Probably something she would need to adjust to when it came to military life. "It does make sense to me, and in my experience what you say is true. How we react to challenges is what defines us and helps us grow at the same time." What she said wasn't just a platitude, it was something she truly believed and had experienced through her struggles in the acting world. Meanwhile, Kozakura's long reptilian tail coiled around her own chair after feeling someone behind her brush up against it. She was the type to be embarrassed about such a thing, thinking that she was in the way or being impolite.

"But yes, getting out there to do something real is exactly why I'm here...." she was cut off by someone excitedly tapping her on the shoulder.

"You played the spirit of Onimaru right? In Servant's of Swords?" The asker was a young minkan man, he couldn't have possibly been more than twenty and his almond shaped eyes were brimming with excitement. It was a look that Kozakura knew well enough.

Kozakura looked to Julia with an apologetic smile, "Julia, please forgive me for a moment." She turned to face the young man with a smile that toed the line between genuine and forced. While it was true that she liked to make time for fans, she had been in the middle of a conversation. "Yes I did, Tatsugami Kozakura it's pleasure to meet you?" she asked prompting the young man for his name.

"Fujikawa Takeshi!" he replied excitedly, "Can.. can I get a picture?"

Kozakura glanced to a sign that said no photography as the young man began to pull out his communicator for a selfie with her. "Fujikawa-san, I think it'd be best if you don't right now, I wouldn't want you to upset the staff here," she said while bringing his attention to the warning sign. The boy looked defeated, so she quickly chimed in, "Do you have a social media account? If you tell me it I could add you later?"

Takeshi nodded enthusiastically before he hurriedly gave her the account name. Kozakura just continued to smile before saying "got it," and giving him a little two fingered salute. "When I'm done here today I'll add you."

Satisfied with their interaction, the man returned to his seat with a wide smile on his face. Kozakura meanwhile turned back to Julia, and said "My apologies again, this happens from time to time."

• Love
"Now calling B-221," a computer voice said over the intercom.

"Oh, that's me!" Julia squeaked, her fluffy cat ears perking up. "Listen, Kozakura, it as really nice talking to you. It really helped me," she said, gathering her purse and a box of fish-shaped crackers she had been snacking on. "Good luck to you!"

After a minute, Kozakura's number got called too. The receptionist, after some paperwork, sent her to a side hallway where an armed Nekovalkyrja military police officer brought her to an interview room where a short blonde clerk introduced herself. "Good morning! I'm Jôtô Hei Stella Glass, one of the recruiters here. I'll ask you some questions about you that help me determine your eligibility to join the Star Army and what your occupation will be. The interview is recorded. Do you have any questions?"

Kozakura smiled, "No problem Julia, and hey maybe we'll end up in the same basic training unit. See you around hopefully," she added with a small wave. Of course she didn't even have time to settle back into the informational videos before her own number was called. After uncurling her tail and rising to her feet she cracked her neck before walking up to the receptionist to take care of the initial paperwork. After which she followed her guide to the interview room. "Good morning to you as well Glass-Hei," she replied with bow of appropriate lowness. "My name is Tatsugami Kozakura and I have no questions at this time, so let's proceed."

Last edited:
"Alright," Stella grinned, "Let's go! What's your date of birth and where were you born? Are you a legal citizen of the Yamatai Star Empire?" asked, followed by, "Are you or have you been employed by any foreign government or military? Do you have a criminal record in any nation or are under investigation or accused of any crimes? Have you been a member of any religious or political group or any gang in the last ten years?"

Kozakura took a moment to make herself comfortable, sitting in the provided chair if there was one otherwise she'd stand at a sloppy at ease. "My birthday is four - two - YE twenty, and I was born in Geshrinopolis. I have never been employed by any foreign institution. I have no criminal record, and am not under investigation or accused of any crimes." She paused however, to think about the last question, "I do not and have never belonged to any organized religious group but I do have a kamidana at home. I have never been affiliated with a gang..." she briefly considered asking if the Screen Actor's Guild counted but decided against it, probably best to keep it professional.

"So far, so good!" Stella beamed. "Have you ever been diagnosed with or had reason to believe that you had a physical, mental, or other disability mental illness, behavioral issue, or substance addiction? Do you have over a million KS in net worth including real estate, non-liquid assets, and stocks? Do you have any outstanding debts totaling over ten thousand KS?"

"To my understanding I am of sound mind and body. I take great care of myself and this body." She paused to consider the net worth question. "Hmm, my assets didn't exceed five hundred thousand KS last year, primarily because my contracts stipulate that the greatest share of my pay be given to several different charities of my choosing. I do not expect to exceed that number this year either. I have no debts, I don't really believe in buying things I can't afford."

"Have you ever spoken to a Mishhuvurthyar, Kuvexian, or their known allies?" Stella asked Kozakura. "How loyal do you consider yourself towards Yamatai, and what drives and earns your loyalty? How long do you plan to stay in the Star Army and what do you plan to do afterwards?" Stella glanced down at her data pad, seeing the check boxes were about done with and she would be able to put in recommendations for occupation and training, and added "What sort of skills and education do you have?"

Kozakura shook her head. "Never," came a firm response soon after. "I would consider myself to be deeply loyal to Yamatai, having lived through a couple of attacks upon Yamatai I appreciate the way it has kept us safe and how it provides for its citizens. Plus having worked closely with ex Star Army personnel I have a thorough appreciation for those that choose to fight for the empire. As for the duration of my stay in the Star Army well, at least three years but possibly more." She was pretty undecided on how permanent this change in occupation would be but she honestly had no plans for after. "After my time in the Star Army I might retire and live comfortably or return to my work, I'm not certain," she finally added.

While Stella was looking down at her data pad Kozakura remained quiet, only speaking after she was asked a question again. "I attended the Kyoto Academy for the Arts for much of my schooling, my studies primarily focused on acting but I also passed all of the government required curricula. I am also trained in Nitô Ryu and a selection of older pre-empire martial arts.

"Congratulations, it sounds like you're eligble to join the Star Army! Is the Kyoto Academy of Arts a college program with a degree? Do you have any leadership experience?" Stella asked. "If so we could send you to officer school and have you start out as a Shoi instead of a standard enlisted soldier." she explained. "Do you have a preference on what occupational area you'd like to be trained in? Starship operators are high in demand right now."

"No, it's just a preparatory school. I did get accepted to college but ended up declining the acceptance to focus on my career." Kozakura rubbed the back of her neck lightly, maybe that hadn't been the best choice but she couldn't have predicted the events of YE38 and how'd they impact her career. "I don't know if it counts as leadership experience but I've been a mentor to junior members of the cast on a few sets before. As for my preference well I'm quite unsure, being a journalist stood out to me as I have plenty of experience in public speaking and performances.... it's just I'm trying to make a difference and I don't know if I'll make the most impact with a camera or with a weapon?"

"Journalists are a rare occupation, and we do have openings. You would probably be embedded in a starship crew and write news stories about what they're doing and life in the Star Army. I know of a ship crew that is being put together right now that is going to go explore the universe on a colossal survey mission to revisit places throughout the sector and beyond, and I could get you on it if you like," Stella offered.

Kozakura hesitated, she was quite torn on what she wanted to do. However as she thought through it she remembered how media had the ability to touch millions in a split second if not billions, that and if the role was in demand well maybe it was a sign. "That does sound like a very solid option, the more I think about it the more I feel that maybe that's were I can help out the most. Yeah, I'll do it." She finally said, though realistically she'd probably be completely lost in her thoughts again if Stella presented a different alternative.

"You're all set then," Stella told Kozakura. She got up and walked the end of the room where the flags of the Yamatai Star Empire and the Star Army of Yamatai were positioned in front of the wall. "If you're ready, raise your right hand and repeat after me! I, (state your name), have truthfully, honorably, and voluntarily enlisted myself as a soldier in the Star Army of Yamatai for the full length of my commitment. I vow to protect the peoples of Yamatai, to follow the orders of the Empress and the officers appointed over me, to live by the Star Army Creed, to obey Star Army rules and regulations, and to destroy the enemies of Yamatai."

Kozakura followed Stella and stood facing her and the flags. She quickly raised her right hand and began to repeat after Stella. "I Tatsugami Kozakura, have truthfully, honorably, and voluntarily enlisted myself as a soldier in the Star Army of Yamatai for the full length of my commitment. I vow to protect the peoples of Yamatai, to follow the orders of the Empress and the officers appointed over me, to live by the Star Army creed, to obey Star Army rules and regulations, and to destroy the enemies of Yamatai." With the oath finished she lowered her hand slowly. A small smile was left on her face. "What's next?"

"Congratulations, and welcome to the Star Army!" Stella smiled. "From here you'll head down the hall into the medical wing for some tests and maybe an injection or two and then you'll be assigned to a training unit to get educated in the ways of being a Star Army soldier. And that, and some time in job training, you'll be out in the fleets. I hope you have a great career and enjoy yourself as a journalist. I'll see you around the Star Army!" Stella opened the door for Kozakura and showed her where to go. She always got a good feeling from seeing these recruits start a new chapter in their lives like this.

Kozakura just nodded, a slight smile growing on her face as her confidence that she had made the right decision began to grow. "Thank you Glass-Joto Hei," she added as she walked through the opened door. "Well if we see each other again you'll probably be receiving an award at a ceremony I'm covering for the news," she laughed lightly. As they parted at medical, she gave one final wave before heading off to go through her battery of tests and possible injections. It was all rather exciting for Kozakura, and she could barely contain it.

• Love
OOC: End of the thread! What a great year for the Star Army's recruiting center! 179 RP posts in this thread, and tons of awesome player characters and many of my new NPCs joined up to start their Star Army careers! I'll be opening a new recruiting thread for next year! Love you all! -Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back