• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Yamatai] The Chrome Catgirl - YE 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uhm?" his mouth had noodles hanging out of it.
Cold steel was pointed towards his head as he lay in a heap on the mat. His own steel laid away from him, twisted into betraying him with a deft parry and lunge. "Up... On your feet... Do not die... You are not to die until you finish the fight or give up... You will win because you WANT it more."

He reached for the blade lying by his side, pulled it towards him with his fingertips and grabbed the handle and then started peeling himself off of the floor, leaving a red stain where his torso was lying. He was then on his knees. He coughed, and breathed - looking up to his instructor and the blade hanging inches from his face, ready to stab his eyes out.

He then stood back up, wobbling and nearly falling back over before finally clutching the blade in both hands. His gaze then met his instructor's, despite the blood in his eyes clouding his vision, and a weakness in his body "Hm. Most people give up or run - inviting me to stab them in the back and die tired. Good..."

"That's my boy!" he could hear his mentor's voice in his ears, filling him with comfort, but with no time to savour it as the lesson wasn't over yet. His instructor swung first and he sidedstepped the attack. He moved to intercept, but was intercepted himself. He did not back down.
He slurped the noodles into his mouth, "a little, yeah." He took a mouthful of chicken cutlet and some vegetable, perhaps broccoli. There were also a couple of slivers of ginger floating in his soup for taste.

As Bronzi droned on Sura continued her rambling at Danny. She enjoyed talking when she did not feel threatened.

"Oh, well. I am here celebrating my Da's Pouchday. He does not want to think he is getting older. But I told Mr. Luca and everybody else about it. So here we are. I don't think anybody is going to show up for it. But my Da already said ---" Sura cleared her throat and then spoke in a near perfect mockery of Bronzi. "I dun need no damned pinkies ta party."

"I think he is just shy. What do you do Mr....?"

"...Mr. Luca..." That name was the one thing that stuck out most from that electronic-undertoned Gartagen's voice.

Where'd he hear that name before? It was familiar. It was on a far flung planet beyond anyone's thought. In return for his life, Danny gave Luca a ship to escape from N-357 from, and he stole his own ship. He didn't anticipate the sorts of adventures that ship would undertake - and he'd unknowingly helped shape history at that time.

Occasionally back at the Consortium's grounds proper, he'd overhear a murmur or two of this 'Luca' from one of the employees - particularly from the strange Llmanel Lorath one with the sharp teeth and prosthetic legs.

"Danny," he replied with his name, nodding. "I'm sure your 'da' has had a good day so far, especially if he's friends with Luca," the blonde man sounded like he'd interacted him at least once in the past - but everyone had heard his name before. Maybe he was just a fan?

He didn't say what he did for a living though.

Sura shoveled more of the cake into her mouth, as crumbs and icing dripped off of her blue chin and landed on the table below. One of the Yamataian's saw this and sneered in disgust at her apparent barbarism. Sura chewed and swallowed it. 'Eeeeeh, I think he is kind of morose about the whole getting older thing." Sura responded as her translator hummed and buzzed her alien dialect around into the language Danny could hear.

"But working for Luca has its boons. I think my da woulda ended up working as a hired gun for some corporation or gangster were it not for Mr. Luca."

'So...uh...Mr. Danny, what do you do that requires orders for a day off? Must be intense?"

"er..." Danny paused for a moment, holding his eating implements as he looked at the Gartagen child.
He staggered into the safehouse that he was told to go to; the diamond was in his arms. It was never a diamond, as Franz had promised. It was a person, or something appearing to be a person that bled milky white. Something was strapped over his back, it looked like a long, thin briefcase. The building that he'd infiltrated was a front house for Lagrange, and they had someone Lazarus wanted back.

Franz was not there, but it looked as though someone was there a moment ago. Two mugs were sitting on the table, one was full of steaming hot tea, and the other was empty, though a teabag was sitting in it, waiting to be watered.

There was a couch nearby and he dropped the diamond there while he looked at the note.

'Danny. Didn't know how you liked your tea or coffee, left it to your discretion. Hopefully the diamond is safe. Stay here, relax, indulge. Someone will be here soon to pick up the diamond and get her mobile again.

'PS: Nice work you did. You're gonna go far, kid.'

Danny looked back at the diamond. They were lying on the couch in an uncomfortable and compromising position. He blushed. They were naked the whole time he was carrying them, but he didn't notice until now. He sat them upright, and put their legs together, and put their hands on their lap, over their crotch.

He then sat down on the couch next to them, wondering what teas Franz had left.
"Er, so far, search and rescue I think it's called," he smiled. "Apparently I'm supposed to do a lot of things. I only joined a while ago, so I have no idea what else I'm supposed to be doing with my job, but I'm sure it'll be more of that."

There was a long, thin briefcase under his feet made of matte black plastic material. It looked to be about four feet long with a carry handle. It did not appear to have any obvious way of opening it.

"So what is with the long suit case?" Sura asked pointing a cloven finger at the construct.

"You say search and rescue, yet you have a shiny gun shaped carrying case! I think I have stumbled across a romantic assassin! Here to assassinate some predatory Yamataian politician, and then fall in love with his weeping widow!" Sura said playfully, as a smile spread across her pretty, heart shaped face.

She laughed softly "I am kidding, you do not strike me as a cold blooded assassin."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back