• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Yamatai Worldbuilding Questions

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
Another thread made at the request of @Wes on Discord, and this time it’s going to be a general-purpose one so that I don’t clutter this forum with a morbillion threads. Anyhoo, to start things off…
  • Did the NH-22C Yamataian have wisdom teeth?
  • What’s the minimum driving age in Yamatai?

I may be thinking too much into it buuuut wisdom teeth were especially important to our ancestors for grinding hard nuts for digestion, but they're vestigial now due to not eating that diet. I can only assume people of the kikyo sector would currently have a need for them due to the Nepleslian Meganut. Honestly this isn't a question about whether they had wisdom teeth, rather it's do they still?

Who can afford not to have wisdom teeth in YE 44 if they live within some radius of those foot long domes, honestly?

So it's more like "if Kikyō-Sector Humans have that many teeth, they're probably just fine and don't need removed because somewhere along the line that got fixed," and "Did PNUgen retain that in their designs."

Sorry for the slow reponse.

I'm thinking they don't have wisdom teeth and the minimum driving age in Yamatai is 21 (full adulthood). Kids generally don't need to drive because in Yamatai you can usually just tell the car where to go and it'll drive for you. So they might not drive but they can still get around.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back