• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Yamato-Class Flagship

I really like the front 4/5ths of the ship.

Also, I think the civilian ship per warship rule means per faction, not per designer. You'd have to make another Civilian KFY or Geshrinari ship to counterbalance this one, as the hidden sun clan is not part of Yamatai.

In the description, "Aft is the drive section with four massive Turbo Aether Plasma visible." is missing something. Turbo Aether Plasma whats?

Where it lists which type of ships it can fit, could you add a number of how many of each class can be effectively fit into the bays?

aside from that, it looks pretty good.

Actually, I already cleared the Searcher with Wes. The rule does not specify faction, just that a civilian design is needed.

As for the bay capabilities, I have updated with # of ships. The effective # of ships in the bay is governed by the # of docking umbilical installed. So the section lists that number and has a foot note with the # that could fit in the volume of space.

Overall it looks pretty interesting Nash, I only found a few oddities:

1) Ok how exactly does extended shield work? Is the 30 SP for both the Yamato-Class Flagship and whatever ships are around it or is it.

2) I did find it a bit odd that you had only one robotic arm per ship. I mean if I was taking a broken ships into my hull I would want at least 2 - 3 points of contact just in case their was ever a critical hull failure on the broke ships an it split into pieces like the Titanic did. So I would actually increase the number of arms and the number of needed arms by 3.

Phacon, you need to read again.

Along the inner wall are twenty-five telescoping docking umbilicals. Located on the top and bottom of the bay are fifty telescoping docking arms to hold the ships secure.

And the Ke-B4-S3301 CFS Shield Expander is explained, that it allows the ship to exand its shield bubble, so that ships near it are protected by its sheilds, at a loss of overall strength. Since the Yamato is the center of the shields, yes, its covered as well as what ships are inside it.

While acknowledging that Yamato's a pretty popular name across all of popular Japanese fiction ... it usually is tied to the warship Yamato. I don't know if that's OK or not, but I feel it should be discussed.

Look like everything has been sorted out.

APPROVED!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back