• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC YE 45 Election Planning Thread

I'd need to roll the senator for Ukmirt to make a candidate. But I have never seen anyone have two senators before. Tamafune really isn't interested in ascending to that level since it would likely mess with her ability to be a diplomat for her new sub-faction.

I don't think there's any point in running with my character. In a different universe I might have, as I like civil government and org stuff, but I don't think anyone would be particularly happy with the prospect of my character even running. Just to make that clear in case people were wondering

I'm going to reiterate something I said, if anyone else wants the position, they can have it. However, far as I can tell from this thread, no one else actually wants it. @Miyako has hinted that perhaps they do, if so I'm asking them to come here and state it.

Last edited:
I'm finally making the voting poll mechanism now and I have:
  • Anslen Volontany (Discourse Party)
  • Shimizu-Motoyoshi Miu (Bellflower Party)
  • Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako (Bellflower Party) -- tentative
  • Soon Bardoon - disqualified because of lack of Yamataian citizenship
Is there anyone I forgot? I am just checking.

Mayor Rike Vrak, Kodian Mayor of Gashmere City. Fervent member of the Anti-Xeno League. I am absolutely Serious.

That wiki voting system you set up is very cool, @Wes. Lots of fun.

I am wondering whether the district where a character lives has any relevance at all, even for narrative purposes of "x percentage of y planet voted for z candidate."

That wiki voting system you set up is very cool, @Wes. Lots of fun.

I am wondering whether the district where a character lives has any relevance at all, even for narrative purposes of "x percentage of y planet voted for z candidate."
Yes, because the power to elect the Imperial Premier is held by the senate. So essentially think of the senate as the electoral college and the votes tell the senators who their system should vote for.

So who is voting for who? I figure it's obvious who Essia, Virginia, and Jiyuu vote for at this point, but who else votes for who?

I have a Sprite character and I was wondering what to put as her district!
Where does she live when the ship is in repair? Where was she born? If nothing else, what is the home port of the ship?

For the election, @Wes if it hasn't been made a rule already can I request that votes be limited to one per member, regardless of how many PC and/or NPCs the member controls?

It's because in my opinion it's unfair to other members (especially those with one or two player characters) if someone with, say, ten or twenty player characters uses the votes of their characters to influence the election for one candidate in particular.

For the election, @Wes of it hasn't been made a rule already can I request that votes be limited to one per member, regardless of how many PC and/or NPCs they control? It's because in my opinion it'd be unfair for someone with, say, ten or twenty player characters to influence the election by having all of their characters vote for one candidate in particular.
There is already only one vote for senator and there are no players who play more than one senator. The votes of individual characters matters at the system/district level and tell the senator how to vote, kind of like the electoral college votes based on the state elections in the US. The election is entirely in character, which is why we're voting with Yamataian characters and not per player.

There is already only one vote for senator and there are no players who play more than one senator. The votes of individual characters matters at the system/district level and tell the senator how to vote, kind of like the electoral college votes based on the state elections in the US. The election is entirely in character, which is why we're voting with Yamataian characters and not per player.
Noted, and thanks for answering in such a timely fashion.

I'm finally making the voting poll mechanism now and I have:
  • Anslen Volontany (Discourse Party)
  • Shimizu-Motoyoshi Miu (Bellflower Party)
  • Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako (Bellflower Party) -- tentative
  • Soon Bardoon - disqualified because of lack of Yamataian citizenship
Is there anyone I forgot? I am just checking.
I was going to throw Tamafune at this. But I never officially announced in the news. So it can be ignored.

Are votes in systems without a senator, but that have a population sufficient to be represented in the Senate, wasted? Or do these systems get a temporarily non-senator delegate to deliver their votes to the Senate?

>Are votes in systems without a senator, but that have a population sufficient to be represented in the Senate, wasted?
We might play like it's only the PC senators who matter, but I've always imagined the senate as actually being full.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back